Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

13 hours ago, MPH said:

Does Barnes really have the goalscoring prowess  to be a main striker?

He’s  missed some absolute stinkers recently.  I think he’s got it in him to score more regularly . However to convert a misfiring winger to be your main striker doesn’t strike me as the smartest move to make! no offense! Besides, then we would need to buy another winger!

Totally agree with you he has missed some stinkers and have to say if he had been released like Vardy did on Sunday, I suspect he would have smashed it straight at the goal keeper, or over in panic mode (easy for me to criticise from my warm office). I'm certain however he will get there, with time, but he has had alot of time and we should be seeing a corner turned, I hope it comes soon because he has many positives to his game speed turning etc but just not mastered the final touch yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...not too sure you understood my post!!!

The position played by Perez at Newcastle on paper showed as wide but he played off Rondon the main striker, in reality playing more centrally than stated on the team sheet.

For a long time the clamour has been for someone to come in to replace Perez as he is not a winger and needs to be played centrally.

The Maddison comparison is regarding Rodgers playing him out wide and that has been done numerous times and should he persists on doing so, will leave a player frustrated waiting for an opportunity to play in his central number 10 role. Playing Maddison wide only unbalances the team.

I checked a shed load of heat maps to see what was happening differently some time ago and that's not the case that I saw whatsoever. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I checked a shed load of heat maps to see what was happening differently some time ago and that's not the case that I saw whatsoever. 

I think its a misconception he played off Rondon predominantly as he tended to drift inside for his key contribution. His position was very much RW/F and the reason he was seen centrally was because that's where his best moments came - not dissimilar to what we've seen where he excels playing inside compared to a natural winger 

1 minute ago, JR99 said:

I think its a misconception he played off Rondon predominantly as he tended to drift inside for his key contribution. His position was very much RW/F and the reason he was seen centrally was because that's where his best moments came - not dissimilar to what we've seen where he excels playing inside compared to a natural winger 

Indeed, they found him much further up the pitch than we do. For them when I looked it was on the edge of the final third, so much of his contribution came in more dangerous areas, they were often on the counter as they soaked up a lot of pressure. Here we're playing more slow possession football, so he either ends up playing back to goal when high up the pitch, or we find him far too deep in the middle of the pitch, and not being a natural winger he's going to struggle there. 

Guest Hansifüx
13 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

1 good game against sheffield united and suddenly we should sell maddison to accomodate him, different levels of players.

well, I think selling perez is not an option, because i don't see any serious buyers, it is a loosing end. In my opinion maddison is the only one who could be sold over his value and could be replaced. The money could be used to get a proper striker and maybe a midfielder with physical presence.

24 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

1 good game against sheffield united and suddenly we should sell maddison to accomodate him, different levels of players.

Madison is not kicking on.  Worse... others are cramped when he plays. The magic isn't frequent enough.

He needs to look at grealish... wer6k in week out grealish is dominating 

After his good performance against Sheffield United I thought his substitute appearance was good. More threatening and controlled than Iheanacho and that's not having a go at him. Clever and continual movement off the ball which complimented Barnes constantly on the move style of play. He was never lazy but you can't help but notice a different hunger and determination about him. Add Vardy and Under into the mix and??

Noticeable that all Under's corners ended up beating the first man tonight? So who do we play behind Vardy now, man in form, albeit only two matches, or man with reputation? Not easy in fairness to Brendan. Whoever it is though deserves to be afforded the best opportunity by playing them in a position that will suit them. 

I think what ever was said between the coaches and Ayoze seems to have worked. He looks fresher, more aggressive and looks to make something happen. I'm pleased for him and think, unfortunately for Kel, but he takes his place for me as back up striker.  

Edited by Hales

Really want him to succeed here, obviously. Found it quite hard to justify the fee last season (although played out of position), but there is a good player in there. I still think we've yet to see the best of him. Positive signs recently that BR is getting more out of him. I'm confident he will turn out to be a useful player for us.

• Like 1

Once again he's shoved out wide and once again he's anonymous. I like Perez but either play him through the middle or dont play him. We have Barnes and Under who are better on the wing than Perez is.

He was OK today but I felt he was just plodding along without influencing much 

Edited by Koke

20 minutes ago, Koke said:

Once again he's shoved out wide and once again he's anonymous. I like Perez but either play him through the middle or dont play him. We have Barnes and Under who are better on the wing than Perez is.

I don't think he was shoved out wide?

He was more a support for Vardy as opposed to being on the wing?

22 minutes ago, Koke said:

Your last sentence sums his performance up quite well. However I wouldnt say that he was ok. I just cant make him out he just seems to disappear from games.

• Like 1