Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

1 minute ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

He offers a lot more than people realise.

his overall game is very strong. Got good feet, picks the right pass and knows where the net is.

should play more 

Agree but I think we should be wiser in what teams we play him against . There is no point playing him against physical teams as he just doesn’t have the strength but against others he’s a real gem . 

He's just much more effective when he can roam in central areas. His touch and link-up play is fantastic and when he does drift a little wider into the inside forward positions he can put in crosses like yesterday's.

I think he can be a really valuable squad player and an important one to help break down stubborn teams who implement a low block against us.

• Like 2

Guest Hansifüx

Unfortunate game I was hoping to see a much better game from him ... for me he was one of the worst of our players  he went hiding for nearly 80min. Nacho is getting all the critics but in my opinion perez has to shoulder half of it. 

2 minutes ago, Hansifüx said:

Unfortunate game I was hoping to see a much better game from him ... for me he was one of the worst of our players  he went hiding for nearly 80min. Nacho is getting all the critics but in my opinion perez has to shoulder half of it. 

He was largely anonymous but he is usually crap when on the right wing, and I would certainly rather he took the penalty (with my superpower Hindsight)

Agree he is good playing more centrally and very few chances fell his way. I also agree that he faded in the second half. I have to say that Perez has made a difference in the previous couple of games he has played and I am not going to be too critical when he is not played to his strengths. He is one of the fringe players that does improve our play and I was also impressed with Luke Thomas yesterday. Of course we need an alternative to Vardy that can pose real issues not sure Perez is that player perhaps Bowen or Watkins would have been good but expect money was the issue and things won't be any better in January unless we sell a couple of players;

Edited by Edingleyfox

He needs to play centrally behind the striker or in a front 2. If we didn't have anyone who could naturally play on the right wing Yesterday then maybe a system similar to what we used against SU was the better option with Perez and Barnes  playing behind Nacho and the width coming from our wingbacks.

4 hours ago, tylesta said:

Forgot he was playing second half

I've seen people say this about players but genuinely happened to me yesterday. Assumed he had been subbed off until I heard his name on like 80th minute.

• Like 1

His good attributes get severely blunted when playing out wide.

He needs to be central to have a decent impact. It's where his awareness and ability to link up play is of more use. Lets not forget he is a genuine goal threat as well.

Trouble is, fitting him in is tough as Maddison is about as undroppable a player as there is in Rodgers's eyes.

• Thanks 1

Just now, martyn said:

His good attributes get severely blunted when playing out wide.

He needs to be central to have a decent impact. It's where his awareness and ability to link up play is of more use. Lets not forget he is a genuine goal threat as well.

Trouble is, fitting him in is tough as Maddison is about as undroppable a player as there is in Rodgers's eyes.

Damn right

Imo if there’s one player at the club who suffers because he cannot consistently play enough games in his natural position, it’s Ayoze

But I wouldn’t play him over Maddison either tbh

• Like 1

He is so much better centrally. When Under is back, I would stop using Perez out wide completely and have him coming on in the no.10 role instead. Not good enough to start consistently but definitely a player to look to whether we need a goal or want a hard working player who will press and tackle from the front. 

Under would have been a much better fit on the right, against a team like palace. Blaming Perez for not playing very well on the right (for us at least) seems a bit pointless, as we've known that for ages.

I see him as a valuable member of the squad, who is particularly handy when we need to press teams, but needs to be played central if we want to get the best out of him.

• Like 2

It's seems too easy to bash our players when the game doesn't go our way. Agree with all on the many reasons but we do (myself included) forget the positives all too often. Perez is a player who thrives when he's NOT on the wing. One of his best games I remember was the thumping against Southampton I think. Wasn't he central just behind Vardy? In that game it felt like we had 2 strikers on. Rogers I'm sure is trying to get the best out of him but when so many other pieces of the jigsaw are missing players can't be choosy on their positions or the tactics. Vardy to a lesser degree has also had to adapt. WHEN we have all our best players back AND their all fit will be when we'll see what BR can really do with all the weapons at his disposal. Until then like other clubs we're gonna be continually shifting and changing doing the best we can with what we've got. In closing I do believe we have not seen the very best of Perez but fingers crossed we will at some point. Just think it could be worse; imagine if we were Newcastle!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Damn right

Imo if there’s one player at the club who suffers because he cannot consistently play enough games in his natural position, it’s Ayoze

But I wouldn’t play him over Maddison either tbh

...but in this instance Maddison was not involved and the opportunity was there to bring him central!!!

I do not think playing Praet in the number 10 role, plays to our strengths and just because Vardy is not playing there is still a viable option available without Nacho upfront.

Really hoped he'd step up today in central role. Like nacho he's terribly slow and doesn't have a prescence. Not sure what he offers in this team with better players in the midfield positions.

• Like 1