Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Caglar Soyuncu emerges as new cult hero at Leicester City

Back to being a class act again. There was a moment in the first 5 minutes where he pulled off a signature drop of the shoulder to comfortably play out from the back that was brilliant to see again.

He also played a number of awesome cross field balls to his mate Under!

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1

Just now, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Weirdly I didn't think he was as imperious as suggested today. He was fine but looked (understandably) rusty to me, then again virtually everyone was off it first half.

Agree, positionally out on a couple of occasions. Good to see him get the minutes and hopefully more to come but Evans and Fofana for me currently. 

Glad he got the chance to knock off more rust today.  A few late challenges and one reckless one.

Going into today, he'd only played 48 minutes in the last four months, so we shouldn't have expected him to be fully back to his best.  Let’s see one or two more league appearances with Evans and then I'm ready for a first look at the Cags - Little Wes pairing.

I know he's just returned from a serious injury and potentially not 100% fully match fit yet but I don't know how much longer he'd be happy with being on the bench for the premiership and only play in FA/Europa League games. He's just too good to be a sub. He'd rather go play for a different premier league side instead of sitting on the bench. We're talking about someone who was in the best eleven of the league last year. It's great for the team that Fofana was so quick adapting to the league and to a new country and he's been brilliant so far but personally it's bad news for Cags unless the club sees Cags-Fofana centre as the future of the club. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Yg41 said:

I know he's just returned from a serious injury and potentially not 100% fully match fit yet but I don't know how much longer he'd be happy with being on the bench for the premiership and only play in FA/Europa League games. He's just too good to be a sub. He'd rather go play for a different premier league side instead of sitting on the bench. We're talking about someone who was in the best eleven of the league last year. It's great for the team that Fofana was so quick adapting to the league and to a new country and he's been brilliant so far but personally it's bad news for Cags unless the club sees Cags-Fofana centre as the future of the club. 

BRodge man management is meant to be one of his strongest assets, I am sure it’s being managed and rotation will soon rear it’s head. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, casablancas said:

BRodge man management is meant to be one of his strongest assets, I am sure it’s being managed and rotation will soon rear it’s head. 

Fair play. The only reservation that I have for your opinion is that rotation for that position especially is a bit riskier than any other position on the pitch as you want that strong partnership in the middle of the defense. I'd love Cags-Fofana to be more patient and accept to be benched at times for the next two years. Then Evans turns 35 already in two years and you have two brilliant centre backs in the middle to replace him. I'm just not sure how realistic for that to happen. In BR we trust. 

I for one am glad Soyuncu should be in the squad tomorrow. We need some intensity in harassing the opposition strikers as well as leaving them no time letting the opposition play on the floor in our 18 yard box. 

I always felt it unfair on Cags coming back from injury that he wasnt phased in back into the first team in front of Fofana.

No disrespect to Fofana, hes a future world star and I dont think anyone denies that but at the same time he has a lot to learn to that which is the reason that Cags for me with his experience should be the number 1 CB to partner Evan's, and then let Fofana fight to get into the team. We all seen why BR took Fofana off against Leeds tactically because he wasted 3 or 4 chances for the team to get into the opposition box and was running into blind alleys. Cags doesn't do that, hes good at running fast with the ball and with his head up and releasing.

However, the difference has to be the attitude. Cags doesn't sulk or down tools, hes too mature for that, but Fofana spat his dummy when he was pulled off and ignored the entire bench and BR. I understand hes only 20, his game is nearly flawless and hes been praised by fans and pundits alike and myself too, but my opinion is that he needs to grow into his role as a number 2 behind Cags because otherwise I sense we could have a prima donna on our hands especially with his age and being thrust onto a big salary and thrown straight into the match day squads.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I for one am glad Soyuncu should be in the squad tomorrow. We need some intensity in harassing the opposition strikers as well as leaving them no time letting the opposition play on the floor in our 18 yard box. 

I always felt it unfair on Cags coming back from injury that he wasnt phased in back into the first team in front of Fofana.

No disrespect to Fofana, hes a future world star and I dont think anyone denies that but at the same time he has a lot to learn to that which is the reason that Cags for me with his experience should be the number 1 CB to partner Evan's, and then let Fofana fight to get into the team. We all seen why BR took Fofana off against Leeds tactically because he wasted 3 or 4 chances for the team to get into the opposition box and was running into blind alleys. Cags doesn't do that, hes good at running fast with the ball and with his head up and releasing.

However, the difference has to be the attitude. Cags doesn't sulk or down tools, hes too mature for that, but Fofana spat his dummy when he was pulled off and ignored the entire bench and BR. I understand hes only 20, his game is nearly flawless and hes been praised by fans and pundits alike and myself too, but my opinion is that he needs to grow into his role as a number 2 behind Cags because otherwise I sense we could have a prima donna on our hands especially with his age and being thrust onto a big salary and thrown straight into the match day squads.

Have you considered that Little Wes's reaction may have been more about his injury than the fact he was pulled?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Have you considered that Little Wes's reaction may have been more about his injury than the fact he was pulled?

No. BR openly stated that it was a tactical switch for the reasons I've said.

Edited by UHDrive
Typo

1 minute ago, UHDrive said:

No. BR openly stated that it was a tactical switch for the reasons I've said.

That explains BR's thought process.  Not the thoughts of a player who at that point, knew that he was hurt.

1 minute ago, KingsX said:

That explains BR's thought process.  Not the thoughts of a player who at that point, knew that he was hurt.

That's not an argument. I've said that he was pulled off tactically. If an injury was picked up then that was afterwards.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Time for him and Ricardo to step up and show their quality for us. We have done remarkably well without them but we need them now and the timing could not be more perfect than now to get us back in form.

True. Ricardo was a little rusty but wasnt holding out of decent challenges and then bypassing players as usual up the touchline. Touch wood they stay as they are because if anyone of them gets injured in their positions then we're in trouble 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

True. Ricardo was a little rusty but wasnt holding out of decent challenges and then bypassing players as usual up the touchline. Touch wood they stay as they are because if anyone of them gets injured in their positions then we're in trouble 

We’ll at least we have Luke Thomas and Armartey now. A much better situation than last season 

6 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

We’ll at least we have Luke Thomas and Armartey now. A much better situation than last season 

Strength in depth is better absolutely. I'm still not sold on Thomas and Amartey can be error strewn. Being picky perhaps but it's good news they are playing.

45 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

However, the difference has to be the attitude. Cags doesn't sulk or down tools, hes too mature for that, but Fofana spat his dummy when he was pulled off and ignored the entire bench and BR. 

Did he? Or is that your interpretation of events? I don't want to put you down over it, you might be right, but I've not seen this said before.

It's worth bearing in mind his Englsih is still pretty limited too.

• Like 1