Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Caglar Soyuncu emerges as new cult hero at Leicester City

He made a mistake, you have to punish him but not hold it against him unless it becomes a regular thing. He's not the first and wont be the last to lose his head. Instinct took over unfortunately when he's shoved into the goal for no apparent reason. 

Doesn't excuse the pathetic responce of every one else afterwards. 

8 hours ago, Sampson said:

Think Soyunchu and Evans have both looked pretty poor since the restart after having good seasons earlier on. Both have been directly at fault for a few goals and Kasper has had to get them out of trouble too often (not today of course) and we've severely lacked defensive leadership over the second half of the season and been conceding too many soft goals since Christmas (we're 14th in the 2020 table).

However I really don't think the back 3 suits either Soyunchu or Evans at all. Both look completely lost in it.

I think this is more a direct result of replacing Ricardo with Justin. Who is promising, but it's still replacing our best player with a League 1 player with no PL experience. Many of the soft goals have come from this IMO. We've also lost Chilly and regardless of what anyone thinks about him, the team having to rapidly adjust to playing with someone different and a completely new formation doesn't help. 

He's manned up like Kasper and apologized thats enough for me. He does care and lets ben honest he was probably pissed at Evans for not clearing that header and leaving it all for him to do which he had no chance. Getting shoved into the net just sent him over the edge. It was catastrophic moment of madness as it put us a man downed and ended his season but we can't make him a scapegoat to take all the blame.

37 minutes ago, Reginaldo said:

Fergie stood by Cantona, Keane, etc.

Vardy seed red mist too but less as he has got older. I think we need to cut him some slack - hopefully he learns from his mistakes.

My comment wasn’t just around that incident but in hindsight that’s pretty unfair considering it’s his only sending off.

9 hours ago, Reginaldo said:

0C70984D-97EB-4527-A06E-D6CEC59D73F4.png

Fair play to him. Can tell he's written that himself and it's not something someone has told him to write.

I have no problem with people that make mistakes as long as they own up to them and learn.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Genuinely can't believe that people are wanting to bin off Cags after one moment of madness. The bloke has been monumental all season. 

We would be crazy to sell him given how bad our squad depth there is anyway, but it does indicate there's a short fuse there which probably means we need another CB in the event he does something like this again.

Edited by Beechey

• 2 months later...

Watching Soyuncu today, I have to say he's looking like an absolute class central defender. Pace, skill, reading the game better than ever. Though not really tested today, he looks the finished article already. Horrifying thought that we could lose both Soyuncu and Ricardo next summer ! 😱

1 hour ago, tetly said:

This guy is going all the way to the top, he is a class act. Would love him to get a new contact too.

I think you're right about him going all the way to the top, he just oozes class.

Regarding new contacts, I believe he is very good friends with Cengiz Under and also knows Ozan Kabak quite well too. Would take either or both of them. :thumbup:

• Like 1

"A dramatic late swoop for Leicester's Turkish centre-back Caglar Soyuncu by a number of the richest EPL teams is understood to have faltered at the last minute. Sources close to the relevant clubs say it was due to some absolute whopper on the LCFC forum pointing out that his English wasn't good enough."

Edited by HighPeakFox
  • Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...

Love him as a guy but think we give him too much of a free pass.

For a big defender he gets outmuscled and outfought when faced with anyone remotely strong. He's also so slow to react. Needs to work on both those aspects.

Starting to think he's basically another Maguire minus the heading ability.

• Haha 1