Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Caglar Soyuncu emerges as new cult hero at Leicester City

21 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Cags is that rare combination of aggression mixed with sophistication. Will be really interesting to see Brendan's CB selections over coming weeks.

Guess it would all depend on opposition. We've seen Fofana be aggressively pressing and leaving us exposed a few times today, especially apparent against teams with pace up top. 

Wes has done a brilliant job to slot in, and improve us in some aspects, as he has, but Soyuncu is pretty much the finished article.

Fofana has had a great start and earned his good reviews, but Cags n Johnny is our best 2 right now, without even mentioning that Wes has been carrying a bit of a knee issue, as I recall.

Edited by Vardinio'sCat

Agreed, Cags was super once he came on.  It is indeed a nice problem to have, as it will be at FB once Ricardo gets back up to speed.  The one certainly is Evans has to start every match apart from rest or squad rotation, between Soyuncu and Fofana you figure it out as you go.

10 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Very well put. Fofana has all the attributes to get to the very top of the game, but needs to learn positioning and composure. His aggressive defending style is brilliant to watch, but needs to learn that he doesn't need to do it every time.

Honestly in just his 30 minute cameo, Soyuncu reminded of Franco Baresi. A commanding centre back who is immaculate on the ball and contributes to the team in both an attacking and defensive capacity. He played a superb cross field pass to Albrighton in the second half that was gorgeous.

Yea with his left foot as well. Absolute beauty of a ping. Great he’s got that confidence with his ‘weak’ foot.

Its actually quite an amazing thing to realise that, all the while we've been cooing over how good Fofana has been whilst Soyuncu has been out injured, we've forgotten just how good Cags is. His 30 or so minutes yesterday just showed that we do really have 3 top class central defenders 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

He was Susan tonight, I did worry that since he scraped his hair back like a girl in sixth form circa 2004 he'd been off it and have long thought he should return to his shaggy ways but tonight dispelled the myth

Off the Boyle?!

Love lil Wes obviously, but our shape and defensive line was much improved with cags back. 

11 hours ago, Koke said:

Agree with this. 

Soyuncu used to be a bit rash when he first came. Two years on, and he looks like an experienced top 6 Premier League defender. Fofana is going through the same phase as Soyuncu did. 

Sometimes that rashness can be a good thing. Obviously there are times certainly as a defender where it isnt.

Thats why i like the good cop (Evans) and bad cop (Fofana) partnership.

12 hours ago, Bryn said:

Phase out Evans for Fofana over the next 18 months.

Bad idea. Whilst Evans is probably not the most talented out of the three CBS, the 11 always defends more comfortably with him in it. With Europe and cup competitions they will all be getting their fair share of games but for me Evans has to be the first one selected for the big fixtures as long as he is fit and able. Granted it’s a tough predicament for BR given all probably want regular first team football but we will see how Evans fitness holds up over the next few years 

Sounds stupid but I’d forgotten how good he was. There’s not a single situation you wouldn’t want him by your side. Heading into a bar brawl; call Cags. Need a wingman; call Cags. Disposing of a dead body; call Cags. Laying a new patio; call Cags. Etc.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Imagine him playing for Brian Clough- something like 

Go get yer hair cut son and then we'll see  about you ;playing football again!

Bit odd really as every other shop on Narborough Rd and high street Turkey is a gents barbers ! 

I remember my friend saying that the amount of barbers in that area is starting to get ridiculous?  How many are there atm?  (He lives on Fosse Road South, near the Upperton Road Crossroads).  I assume they're all shut now due to the lockdown though - Cags will have to do it himself? :P;) 

It's a pisstake that so many pundits assume that Cags has been kept out of the first team by injurys AND Fofana. To my recollection it's only been injuries and/or hes been slowly making sub appearances to work his way back to match fitness. Fofana with all the talent in the world is a long way behind Cags.

Phil There are loads of barbers down there plus about 20 different nationality bars and restuarants plus the beggars and low lives sadly or it could be quite a fashionable area  .The old Lloyds bank on upperton rd is the latest.I have been to Cyprus and everyone has a haircut every few days its mental.

Pleased you have a friend !!

53 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

It's a pisstake that so many pundits assume that Cags has been kept out of the first team by injurys AND Fofana. To my recollection it's only been injuries and/or hes been slowly making sub appearances to work his way back to match fitness. Fofana with all the talent in the world is a long way behind Cags.

Yes, McManaman said that. Such ignorance is maddening.