Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Caglar Soyuncu emerges as new cult hero at Leicester City

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Did he? Or is that your interpretation of events? I don't want to put you down over it, you might be right, but I've not seen this said before.

It's worth bearing in mind his Englsih is still pretty limited too.

I watched the PL stream and yes it is my interpretation of it of course, but his body laungage was, let's say, a little childish.

• 2 weeks later...

Cags was oozing confidence today, he was calm on the ball, ruthless in challenges and commanded that back line to a tee. 

It begs the question somewhat whether he had this extra confidence with Evan's rested and out of the team. Psychologically speaking it would make sense. 

There was one long left to right diagonal pass from him yesterday - I think to his mate Under - that was out of this world.

Apart from a couple of poor defensive headers in the first half that could have led to trouble I thought he was excellent. He definitely seemed to thrive on being the ‘boss’ of the defence in the centre.

24 minutes ago, Will1981 said:

No coincidence that since he has come back into the team we have had 3 back to back clean sheets, Fofana will eventually become a world class defender but he is still raw and will cost us goals but Soyuncu is already world class.

I agree with that. Fofana has all the raw ingredients, but Soyuncu already has the better decision making and positional awareness. In the second half there was a sequence where he rushed forward to intercept the ball early but failed. But he then sprinted to get himself back into the defensive line and retain our defensive shape, which is something Fofana often gets caught out on. That's likely the result of a few extra years being coached by Rodgers compared to Fofana.

Soyuncu could play for any team in Europe in my opinion, he's got everything. 

• Like 3

He definitely played the part of a leader last night and steady as a rock. He used his strength when needed and covering or others when they stepped forward.

He showed he's clearly learning from Evans partnership and guidance.

We just need a big game from both of them on Saturday against Liverpool.

• Like 3