Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Sheffield United (A) pre match

13 minutes ago, srex9 said:

Not sure why I read opposition forums but what ive gathered so far is... If we are confident we have our heads too far up our own arses since the title win...If we jest we're all arrogant ***** and if we're complimentary we're patronising...can't bloody win! I think we should stop being so reasonable...

Saying that majority of comments do seem to appreciate that we're not underestimating them. 

This is basically what happened when we were first promoted. 

• Like 1

Not sure if this is the place to put it, but I will be going to the game tomorrow without a ticket for our end.

There are plenty of tickets left in the home end so I will sit there if needs be, but if - for whatever reason - anyone has a spare student or adult away ticket available for tomorrow, I will happily buy it off you tomorrow in Sheffield!

If you do, so please get in touch - cheers!

Just now, EJN said:

Not sure if this is the place to put it, but I will be going to the game tomorrow without a ticket for our end.

There are plenty of tickets left in the home end so I will sit there if needs be, but if - for whatever reason - anyone has a spare student or adult away ticket available for tomorrow, I will happily buy it off you tomorrow in Sheffield!

Have you got a ticket for the home end? A few posters found that you couldn't unless you had a certain number of points. 

And you're gonna want to look in the ticket thread to look rather than posting in here. Tickets for this are in high demand.

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Have you got a ticket for the home end? A few posters found that you couldn't unless you had a certain number of points. 

And you're gonna want to look in the ticket thread to look rather than posting in here. Tickets for this are in high demand.

Hi mate,

i just noticed that ticket thread so have posted there - cheers!

I also notice on that Sheff U site saying they’re on general sale to people with over x amount of points. 

I will give their ticket office a call tomorrow morning and see what the deal is!

6 hours ago, Hanan96 said:

Not joking here. The youth need chance. Otherwise, their development is stalled. 

We are top 10 team. We facing a recently promoted sides. Benkovic has a decent season with Scottish Top League. Barnes give the top six few problems last season. 

Playing them is not like throwing dices for dewsbury hall who's yet to prove their ability in PL sides. 

Hanan96, are you an ostrich?

• Like 1

The start of the game is key. Sheff U will come all guns blazing, still riding off their promotion and with a good manager in their ear. We need to learn quick from our slow start last week. 

If we control the first 20-25 minutes, I think we will win as we have better players to dictate. 

This will Be a tough game though.

I don't think Sheffield United will be fighting relegation like many have predicted, judging on their opening performances. They have a proper team spirit about them which goes underated at times.

But I do expect us to be improving on last season and we should be winning these games, put in the quality and work ethic that we know we can achieve and we will get the 3 points.

I'll leave the team selection and formations/tactics to BR and co as my fifa 08-15 experience doesn't qualify me, I believe.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Happy Blade said:

Getting the strong sense that most Blades would be very happy with a point giving us 5 points from first three which is way above expectations. Respect for LCFC as the best team we've played and for madison  & co is very solid.  It's a difficult game to call with both teams at a sort of tipping point. Foxes win and you're on your way, Blades win and people will seriously begin to believe we are going to be a  big surprise in the prem this season as the day one favourites for relegation. We are all going to know so much more atthe end of the match which is why it is such a fascinating fixture. May the best team on the day win and will show up very briefly on Sunday to eat humble pie or try not appear too smug.  Thanks for not being pr*cks about me sticking my head above the parapet  on here.

I genuinely never thought you were the nailed on relegation battlers that people labelled you as. Decent footballing team with a very good manager with momentum.

Considering the absolute shite that’s in the bottom half of our division you will (probably already have) definitely shock a few people. I guess the concern is goals for you but I think you will be fine.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EJN said:

Saying which one you are in your profile picture may make it easier to get a ticket...

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Nigerian press are reporting that Ndidi has a hamstring problem and will likely be out through the international break. Weird as Brendan didnt mention anything yesterday.

Maybe he's got exams?

https://www.dmu.ac.uk/about-dmu/news/2019/august/city-star-ndidi-improves-career-goals-with-dmu-business-course.aspx

12 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Nigerian press are reporting that Ndidi has a hamstring problem and will likely be out through the international break. Weird as Brendan didnt mention anything yesterday.

Probably a tactical “hamstring problem” then

37 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

That would be an interesting twist. Hamza and Dennis in back, or maybe Mendy gets a look in?

On 20/08/2019 at 06:39, Tom12345 said:

To me, he is, and as I thought he was last season, the best LB in our team. I get that Chilwell is the future - and he was given so much time and patience to learn and improve last two seasons which we do not afford other youngsters - but Fuchs has always looked better particularly when going forward.

His simple and direct style suits Rodgers game plan better than Chilwell’s slow dribble dribble stop turn pass back (or dribble dribble dribble until byline) sort of approach. 

I think Fuchs deserves to keep his place next game. Chilwell is in no danger long term so this is just to give him something to think about. He cannot just think he is always an automatic choice despite playing crap and others doing better.

On 13/08/2019 at 17:39, Nalis said:

I have to hold my hands up and say very good point on the Ulloa song.

18 hours ago, Hanan96 said:

Benkovic for Evans, Praet or Barnes for Ndidi. 

Not mean disrespect but I think this is one of those good game to rest the key player while giving chance to youth as well.

If the game look safe, Nacho could be subbed on for Vardy 

Ffs.  Really?   We watch a different club to each other.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Hanan96 said:

Benkovic for Evans, Praet or Barnes for Ndidi. 

Not mean disrespect but I think this is one of those good game to rest the key player while giving chance to youth as well.

If the game look safe, Nacho could be subbed on for Vardy 

16 hours ago, Hanan96 said:

Not joking here. The youth need chance. Otherwise, their development is stalled. 

We are top 10 team. We facing a recently promoted sides. Benkovic has a decent season with Scottish Top League. Barnes give the top six few problems last season. 

Playing them is not like throwing dices for dewsbury hall who's yet to prove their ability in PL sides. 

TROLL!

Your views are weird.  We have a young squad.  There were times under Puel where we were bereft of experience on  the field.  There needs to be balance.

I am worried about balance in your posts.

7 minutes ago, majaco said:

TROLL!

Your views are weird.  We have a young squad.  There were times under Puel where we were bereft of experience on  the field.  There needs to be balance.

I am worried about balance in your posts.

Hmm. Troll? Whatever. 

Anyway I'm appreciate your point regarding of experience. 

So, I'm thinking of resting 2 player. A young Ndidi and one (yes, you read it right) 30 y.o players and we already losing experience that much? 

If we have to field our best sides even againts a promotion sides, when will Benko and Barnes get the chances? Cup only? 

I didn't get how rest 2 player felt like rest the whole team.