Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Sheffield United (A) pre match

1 hour ago, ScouseFox said:

no offence bro but its you who is underestimating us and talking quite a lot of rubbish based on this thread, not the other way round. 

even comparing us to crystal palace or jamie vardy to fu cking zaha ffs is just outrageous. 

Hopefully we can agree that away counterattacking with effective strikers is what we talking about. Last season Palace gained 29 away points versus your 25 and scored 32 versus your 27 so perhaps not such an outrageous comparison. I am trying not talk rubbish and am not suggesting that the only outcome of a hostile reception for Vardy will be a positive one for SUFC. yours excluded a lot of very balanced replies and not sorry that my input is building up your supporters  appetiite for the match. Blades enthusiasm is at boiling point and we are looking forward to what is sure to be a great match and our biggest test so far.

Edited by Happy Blade
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Happy Blade said:

Well I don't think 3 red cards in 5 seasons invalidates my thinking that he might try a bit too hard against his hated boyhood rivals. Are we going to get another VAR moment? Thinking  that our style of play makes us super vulnerable to being counter attacked is a common mistake. Ask Roy Hodgson - on the back of their 80 mill striker they had the 6 th best away record in the prem last year and Zaha ended up spitting at our players and scuffling on the touch line. Not saying it was down to the crowd bating but underestimating the effectiveness of our players and tactics has seen a lot of frustrated teams and supporters recently. BTW Having seen Harvey Barnes a lot last season I have to say he is quality.

Personally I love hostile atmospheres, as long as they don't cross certain lines, racial abuse and vile sort of stuff Beckham got! Loved the Fat granny shagger and w*nker in the wig chants at Rooney for exanple :) 

Anything that is slung at Vards will spur him on, even more than Sheffield rivalry, so I hope you guys do a great job cos I firmly believe he will be on fire on Saturday.

I confess I have a soft spot for the Blades (lived in Sheffield 3 years, lived on Shoreham Street for two of those), but this obsession with Vardy is quite funny considering we've got plenty of other players in our forward line that can cause United problems, not least if he's busy being the centre of attention and drawing defenders left right and centre in response to the crowd's ire. 

If their back line are obsessed with Jamie as their fans seem to be, the likes of Perez and Maddison should have the freedom of Bramall Lane to cause some havoc of their own. :fishing:

If you pooled our squad and theirs to make a combined XI, I think that every position would be filled by a Leicester player.  That said, this will still be a difficult game.  I would much rather play these around Christmas when the promotion euphoria and PL optimism has been knocked out of them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Happy Blade said:

Well I don't think 3 red cards in 5 seasons invalidates my thinking that he might try a bit too hard against his hated boyhood rivals. Are we going to get another VAR moment? Thinking  that our style of play makes us super vulnerable to being counter attacked is a common mistake. Ask Roy Hodgson - on the back of their 80 mill striker they had the 6 th best away record in the prem last year and Zaha ended up spitting at our players and scuffling on the touch line. Not saying it was down to the crowd bating but underestimating the effectiveness of our players and tactics has seen a lot of frustrated teams and supporters recently. BTW Having seen Harvey Barnes a lot last season I have to say he is quality.

We have quality in every position.. So be afraid.. 

Very afraid! 

Lots of tremendously confident people in here. That almost always means it’s going to backfire badly on us, but I’m a pessimist. 

Vardy is off form at the moment, that’s what he does, long alternating hot and cold streaks. My hope is that Sheff U fans will give him the worst verbal abuse imaginable, and hopefully that will kickstart him into goalscoring form again.

1 hour ago, brucey said:

Vardy is off form at the moment, that’s what he does, long alternating hot and cold streaks. My hope is that Sheff U fans will give him the worst verbal abuse imaginable, and hopefully that will kickstart him into goalscoring form again.

I don't believe that to be true !!

He has been making really good runs, just hasn't been hit by the pass too often.

I have no worries about Vardy whatsoever.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

The Stoke one was around Christmas 2016 - the one where he went in hard but would probs have been a yellow if VAR was in use then. It was controversial but the appeal was unsuccessful and at the next home game vs Everton on Boxing Day they gave everyone free Vardy masks which was a bit embarrassing but funny at the same time. 

It was a bit cringe if I do say so myself. Funny all the same. 

If we play as well as we can we will win. I don't think that's arrogant or overconfidence to say that. Sheffield United have started well and they'll be difficult to beat but i'd be disappointed if we lose to a team with David McGoldrick and Billy Sharp up top. Defend well and I'd back us to break them down, i'd be less confident if we were playing them at home.

Initially I was thinking Praet in for Choudhury as only change but I'm now leaning towards Albrighton/Barnes coming in instead, preferably Barnes as his direct running offers something different. Ndidi, Tielemans and Maddison in the middle. Perez, Vardy and Barnes.

3-1 win. Vardy to 'win' a soft pen (but enough for VAR to give it) and score it, Perez to get off the mark and Maddison opens his account.

Pretty sure I've just seen that Blades weirdo put that they'll probably double up on Vardy at all times - I hope for his sake that his manager isn't as thick as him. Logistically such a weird decision, who's marking him? Both centre backs? One CB and one Centre Mid? 

"What we doing today then gaffer?" - "Double up on the fast lad up top, forget everyone else and we're golden" 

I think Sheffield are alright but this guy, oh my word - does he manage a Sunday League team?

9 minutes ago, Jack1993 said:

Pretty sure I've just seen that Blades weirdo put that they'll probably double up on Vardy at all times - I hope for his sake that his manager isn't as thick as him. Logistically such a weird decision, who's marking him? Both centre backs? One CB and one Centre Mid? 

"What we doing today then gaffer?" - "Double up on the fast lad up top, forget everyone else and we're golden" 

I think Sheffield are alright but this guy, oh my word - does he manage a Sunday League team?

To be fair they play a unique system and defend in great numbers, then attack with equal intensity. Like we saw vs Wolves, when teams play 5 at the back it is difficult for 1 striker to cause much trouble if there's little support, hopefully we'll be a bit more dynamic than we were then, I think Barnes might be key in the 2nd half if it's a tight game.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Stadt said:

What’s happened is that one bloke is excited because they’ve been promoted and got decent results. Hardly the most irritating thing in the world. We were probably unbearable after our good start in 14/15.

I can recall an epic triggering of the Oatcake forum in the week before we played Stoke away, with many of us predicting we'd go there and win easily. Luckily we actually did lol

• Haha 1

if harvey plays i’d say 3 or 4 to us. if he don’t then we will labour to a 1-0 win i reckon. can’t see us conceding unless it’s a consolation cos we’ve switched off with the game already well and truly won. 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

I can recall an epic triggering of the Oatcake forum in the week before we played Stoke away, with many of us predicting we'd go there and win easily. Luckily we actually did lol

I remember that, one guy was banging on about their consecutive 9th place finishes all over this forum