Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Sheffield United (A) pre match

They are still on their promotion buzz and have performed really well in their first 2 games. This is another tough one, but if we can play like in 2nd half at Chelsea we should have a pretty good chance at our first 3 points this season. 

Edited by Jonezy

Playing a so called understrengh side comment has not gone down well with their fans. They think it makes us sound arrogant  and disrespectful to them. This game will be no pushover and we will have to play well from the first whistle to the last to get anything from this game.

• Like 2

We need to maintain a good balance between youth and older players - like we did when we won the league.

I like our 'experienced spine' of Kasper (32), Evans (31), .... , Vardy (32). Notice we seem to be lacking 'experience' in midfield, although maybe Praet brings that (even though he is just 25!), Tielemans is only 22.

We will probably play all the youth in the cup games, otherwise we'll be too inconsistent in the league. Benkovic (22) and Soyuncu (23) together as CBs will be too inconsistent, now imagine having Chilly (22) and Pereira (25) either side. When we do play Chilly, we definitely need to play Evans in the league.

I think this is going to be my preferred 11:

--------- KS ---------

RP - CS - JE - BC

--------- WN --------

--- YT ------ DP ---

AP ------------- JM

--------- JV ---------

• Like 1

Come on people lets not twist this ,What percentage of fans are saying we should be an understrength team ? The last few comments are making out its loads when in reality its the odd crackpot .

Might do a post later saying our players should were an eye patch to give Sheff U a chance . What next 20 post saying how arrogant Leicester fans are thinking they can win dressed as pirates !

32 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

We need to maintain a good balance between youth and older players - like we did when we won the league.

I like our 'experienced spine' of Kasper (32), Evans (31), .... , Vardy (32). Notice we seem to be lacking 'experience' in midfield, although maybe Praet brings that (even though he is just 25!), Tielemans is only 22.

We will probably play all the youth in the cup games, otherwise we'll be too inconsistent in the league. Benkovic (22) and Soyuncu (23) together as CBs will be too inconsistent, now imagine having Chilly (22) and Pereira (25) either side. When we do play Chilly, we definitely need to play Evans in the league.

I think this is going to be my preferred 11:

--------- KS ---------

RP - CS - JE - BC

--------- WN --------

--- YT ------ DP ---

AP ------------- JM

--------- JV ---------

Madison cannot play wide. He's wasted out there

Just now, Walshie is God said:

Madison cannot play wide. He's wasted out there

I agree, but that's where he is going to be played and to be honest, personally I'd play the front three tight to each other, but with Vardy a bit further forward, rather than have AP and JM as wingers, and then give JM a free role to move inside, like he did against Chelsea in the second half.

22 hours ago, Hanan96 said:

Benkovic for Evans, Praet or Barnes for Ndidi. 

Not mean disrespect but I think this is one of those good game to rest the key player while giving chance to youth as well.

If the game look safe, Nacho could be subbed on for Vardy 

Is this a serious post? We haven't won a game yet this season and you're suggesting we rest players against a team who have the promotion bounce and just smashed Palace last week. I can only assume you are joking otherwise you a totally fcuking mental! 

Need more width today as Sheff United play with wing backs like Wolves so we don't want to make the same mistake we did against them. 

Kasper, Ricardo, Chilwell (if fit), Evans, Soyuncu, Ndidi, Maddison, Tielemans, Perez, Albrighton, Vardy in a 4-1-4-1 or 4-3-3/ 4-1-2-2-1. Either way Madders and Tielemans in the middle and Perez and Albrighton out wide with Perez drifting in from the right while Ricardo bombs down the right. Barnes on in 2nd half to add some pace while they tire. 

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

We go with our best XI, I cannot believe BR will go 'under strength'.

What IS our best XI though?

IMO, our set up in the past two games has been a little bit too defensive in midfield, causing us to get bogged down too much - though the second half against Chelsea was obviously better as they started to flag and Madders was more central.

How do we want to set up? 4-1-4-1? 4-3-3? 4-2-3-1? 4-1-3-2?  IMO, this is what determines who plays/starts, and what should be considered 'best' - especially if we want 'proper' wingers included (Albrighton/Barnes)...

9 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

What IS our best XI though?

IMO, our set up in the past two games has been a little bit too defensive in midfield, causing us to get bogged down too much - though the second half against Chelsea was obviously better as they started to flag and Madders was more central.

How do we want to set up? 4-1-4-1? 4-3-3? 4-2-3-1? 4-1-3-2?  IMO, this is what determines who plays/starts, and what should be considered 'best' - especially if we want 'proper' wingers included (Albrighton/Barnes)...

Sure. I just meant 'no dropping vital players'. 

14 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Not sure where the notion of sweeping changes has come from, tbh, apart from Hanan. 

Agreed - though there's no reason why we can't be a little more adventurous/attacking in formation/style than we have been so far? :dunno: