Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Sheffield United (A) pre match

4 hours ago, Happy Blade said:

Apparently Vardy  is planning to wear a Wednesday related undershirt to reveal if he scores. i hope he doesn't do this near the crowd  or we have plenty of idiots to make it a bit tasty. Its all about opinions and no doubt you are  favourite to win this -  6-5 versus 12-5 for us at ladbrokes. I have tried to dampen all the 0-5 guys enthusiasm by explaining  that our system is a bit more complicated than simply two centre backs abandoning defence but if anyone is truly interested have a look at the post match analysis on MOTD2 after the palace game and get a better perspective. I really hope some of your players are as overconfident as some posters on here. Sticking with 2-1 United and in the lucky place that we can delight and surprise with a win but shrug our shoulders at a loss. You guys not so much...:wave:

I'm not sure that you can afford to shrug your shoulders at a loss.  I think you might stay up but you've got to scrap for every point to do so, especially at home.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, murphy said:

I'm not sure that you can afford to shrug your shoulders at a loss.  I think you might stay up but you've got to scrap for every point to do so, especially at home.

I agree. It seems it takes a while for newly promoted teams to get the culture of the premier league. I don't think they realise teams who stay up usually take 3-5 points a season off the big 6 - games they might 'shrug off'

Never, ever pre plan where you get your points. Every single game and every single  point is precious.

5 minutes ago, Nathan mcc said:

I fear the price paid for Tielemans was too high! He has been very poor pre season and very poor in league games so far! Sunday he lost possession countless times and didn’t seem to know where he was going with the ball ! I’d give him a break and play praet and albrighton with choudary having a break also 

WOW give your head a wobble

• Like 3

Player in "not always brilliant" shocker

We've played two good teams, both of whom have already played more competitive games, and he's still a young guy.

We know he can play, he proved that last season. Cut the guy some slack. There's no way he's going to be a Slim or Silva

1 hour ago, Nathan mcc said:

I fear the price paid for Tielemans was too high! He has been very poor pre season and very poor in league games so far! Sunday he lost possession countless times and didn’t seem to know where he was going with the ball ! I’d give him a break and play praet and albrighton with choudary having a break also 

You maybe giving up on him a tad early, he was very good against Wolves & more than decent against Chelsea.

1 hour ago, Nathan mcc said:

We're 2 games in! I think it may be you who could benefit from a break. 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

It really is one of the best cities I know for the sheer number of quality old-school boozers. The pubs up and around Kelham Island and the river are particularly good, but they're a bit out of the way for a matchday - however, for those with a spare evening after and a taste for a good pint, I'd highly recommend any of of:

• The Fat Cat - proper old man boozer right on Kelham Island
  • Shakespeare's - really good pub on Gibraltar Street, solid selection, staff are nice and good spacious garden

Closer to the centre, I'm a fan of:

• The Grapes (also known as Flynn's) - Irish pub without the chain BS
  • Dog & Partridge - Only about 100 yards down from Flynn's
  • Red Deer - Gets a bit cosy at times but good selection and atmosphere

Factor in pints generally still being quite cheap in that part of the world, and there are few better cities to get royally muntered in. :cheers:

I mean I'm sure the craic in the Howard will be good if it's full of Leicester, but the reality is it's one of the pubs in Sheffield I'd usually be least likely to visit. It's in a convenient location for the match, but otherwise it's pretty soulless and the beer is piss... which probably explains why it's an away pub - they'd never get enough locals through the doors otherwise! The Royal Standard would be a better bet, but I imagine it's a home-only gaffe since it's a little closer to the ground. That said, it was my local when I lived on Shoreham Street, and I don't remember any away-fan restrictions being in-place on matchdays, so might be worth a gamble. Heck, I'd also thoroughly recommend the Sheffield Tap, though being right at the station I imagine they don't take kindly to footy crowds in general, let alone away fans right off the train.

Not that it particularly matters. I can always visit a decent boozer after the game, so you'll no doubt see me in the Howard regardless. :beer:

Anyway, I digress. Football. What about that eh? 

Kostas on Shoreham st is an absolutely banging Greek takeaway gaff if anybody is looking for food after the match 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FoxFossil said:

Howard is a gay pub btw, which is fine if you favour the pink.

Red Lion is good and has a small snug tucked away behind the bar.

Loads of really excellent small breweries, Bradfield blonde is pure necter from the Gods, brewed on a local farm.

They also do a bloody good Sunday Lunch at the Red Lion for those nursing a hangover the day after.

Bradfield beer is 'aight, it all tastes the same though - i swear to god they just put food colouring in the blonde for the "Belgian Blue". :thumbup:

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

The Tielemans panic is pretty silly, obviously.  But hard to overstate just how much it would help him to have Praet in the starting 11 behind him.

Not being funny but we haven't seen them playing together for any length of time in our team, so how can you say this with so much certainty? 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Not being funny but we haven't seen them playing together for any length of time in our team, so how can you say this with so much certainty? 

First off, it’s pretty safe to assume they have a good rapport from their time with the national team.  But more than anything it would open up space in midfield for Tielemans, because right now he’s the only creative player behind the front three. Opposition is just letting the CDs and holding midfielders bunt the ball around all day and collapsing on Tielemans.

I think against Wolves, we were simply a bit off the pace and our system was counter-acted very effectively by their equally talented midfield, meaning that both Tielemans and Maddison couldn't quite have the impact we got used to towards the end of last season. Against Chelsea, still slightly rusty, Tielemans was pegged back slightly, occupying Kante, enabling Maddison to get forward and create. I think he still played some great passes and linked play well and if his shot goes in, not a single person would doubt his performance. Absolutely no grounds for panic! 

Will be very frustrated if he starts with two DCMs or keeps Maddison on the wing again.  

I’m happy with our start to the season so far but I’m not 100% convinced BR knows yet what his best team is. 

I’ve attended both games and to be honest I still don’t know what the formation is or where people are meant to be playing half the time. 

The lesson from the first two games is we need to do much more to ensure Vardy gets on the ball and isn’t isolated. 

• Like 1

This will be a difficult game I think. We won’t get any space like we did 2nd half against Chelsea (we still couldn’t kill that game off considering the chances we had)  they will be asking us to break them down which is something we are not the best at right now, I reckon maybe a 1-0 win

Our aim is to get 3 points. Personally, I couldn’t care if he starts with 4 CDMs and 6 CBS as long as we win.  Let’s judge the performance at 4.55pm, not 2.01pm? 🤷‍♂️  What I think is for sure is that this will be a really, really tough match.  Can see it being a draw and the FT “I demand success instantly” brigade going into anaphylactic shock. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Nathan mcc said:

Lol, it didn't take long...

• Like 1