Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Sheffield United (A) pre match

51 minutes ago, Jack1993 said:

I remember that, one guy was banging on about their consecutive 9th place finishes all over this forum

We've come 9th in the last two years and it's absolutely not implausible we do it again. I'm now terrified.

• Haha 1

Yeah it's definitely a cautionary tale for us. Stoke looked pretty established and now they're bottom of the championship having won about 3 games in the last 4 seasons.

Still plenty of work to be done for us and we shouldn't take anything for granted.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ScouseFox said:

if harvey plays i’d say 3 or 4 to us. if he don’t then we will labour to a 1-0 win i reckon. can’t see us conceding unless it’s a consolation cos we’ve switched off with the game already well and truly won. 

If barnes starts we will win 3 or 4 nil.

On what basis is this logic?

Hes a good player but he hasn't scored 3 let alone 4 goals for us since January last season.

This is going to be a tough game it wouldn't surprise me if BR went for 2 DM's again 😔.

This has got SUFC 1 - 2 LCFC all over it and us scoring a lucky goal around 89 mins 

16 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

If barnes starts we will win 3 or 4 nil.

On what basis is this logic?

Hes a good player but he hasn't scored 3 let alone 4 goals for us since January last season.

This is going to be a tough game it wouldn't surprise me if BR went for 2 DM's again 😔.

This has got SUFC 1 - 2 LCFC all over it and us scoring a lucky goal around 89 mins 

because he gets the ball and runs with it. anywhere on the pitch. the amount of space he creates for vardy, youri and maddison is outrageous. if barnes plays it won’t be vardy they need to worry about “doubling up” on. 

Apparrantly the land lord of a pub named The Howard, has advertised on Leicester City Facebook pages that away fans are welcome there. 

States is opposite to the train station and 10 minutes from the ground. 

Don't know anything further so can't say if it's good or bad or 10 minutes by foot or 10 minutes by bullet train! 

Anyone got any other ideas of watering holes? 

8 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Apparrantly the land lord of a pub named The Howard, has advertised on Leicester City Facebook pages that away fans are welcome there. 

Don't know anything further so can't say if it's good or bad or 10 minutes by foot or 10 minutes by bullet train! 

Look at the ticket thread mate, a fair few listed on there 

2 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

if harvey plays i’d say 3 or 4 to us. if he don’t then we will labour to a 1-0 win i reckon. can’t see us conceding unless it’s a consolation cos we’ve switched off with the game already well and truly won. 

How are you spelling Barnes there? M-E-S-S-I ?

24 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Just walk up into town if the Howard is heaving, plenty of boozers that probably won't be home fans only up around Division / West Street and the Winter Gardens. It's only about a 10 minute walk to the ground from the centre, though most of the boozers on and around Bramall Lane are home only.

Edited by OntarioFox

28 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

If it's Land Lord Farquaad I'd risk it.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

If we have any aspirations of top 6 we should beat these comfy.

Can we stop doing this? We drew twice with newly promoted Bournemouth when we won the league. We drew away at an absolutely awful Villa side. We will still have aspirations of a top six finish whatever the outcome of this one game.

45 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

could be like newcastle last season. 1 nil loss

Or 2-0 to us in the away game. Our problems against teams lower down the table tend to be when we play them at home, not to say this isn't a tricky game.

Also, someone mentioned above they can see us going 2 DCM's again, on what planet would that be necessary? If so, I can't see a type of game in this division where we wouldn't play this formation and personnel then. I really hope not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adejo92 said:

Check the ticket/travel thread. You'll get an idea.

I went to the Howard last time we played them, in the Cup. Opposite station. It was alright. Probably won't go there Saturday though.

There's plenty of good pubs in Sheffield. None around the ground though as it'll be home fans only but the walk to Bramall Lane isn't bad/far.

Please please can Rodgers not play Perez or Maddison wide again. I worry, especially against these.

You could see how isolated Fuchs was on Sunday. Praet is worth a shout to start, I was impressed with him.

We've got to be strong though. These will be up for it and not scared of knocking the likes of Maddison about.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

I don't understand the need to mention it in any context other than a conversation about politics and society.

Because the B word is now thrown out in a multitude of topics, each iteration having its own unique meaning given the context in which it is used.

(Fears hassle from the grammar police for starting a sentence with "Because" :ph34r: )

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Because the B word is now thrown out in a multitude of topics, each iteration having its own unique meaning given the context in which it is used.

(Fears hassle from the grammar police for starting a sentence with "Because" :ph34r: )

I recall one poster, who went to see England play in Spain, describe Dier make a 'hard, Brexit tackle', in a bizarre, celebratory way.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I recall one poster, who went to see England play in Spain, describe Dier make a 'hard, Brexit tackle', in a bizarre, celebratory way.

Ah - the old "us Brits are hard as nails" meaning, one of my personal favourites.............:dry: