Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Sheffield United (A) pre match

24 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I recall one poster, who went to see England play in Spain, describe Dier make a 'hard, Brexit tackle', in a bizarre, celebratory way.

Even more bizarre given that the player in question spent a decade of his formative years living and playing football in Portugal...

On ‎21‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 08:04, Happy Blade said:

Blades supporter in peace here. You guys are very polite to each other compared with our forum ! Must have been great to have been everyone's second favourite team that season.  I would suggest that you need to be careful in judging how good we are through the prism of two apparently abject performances by Palace and Bournemouth. Our playing system and teamwork seems to have that effect on opponents who look much better against other teams. Bournemouth went to villa and won. As to Vardy it can go two ways. All credit to the lad for being not being a shy owl but he will get roasted at the  lLane. My hope is that  he will be trying too hard and lack the cold head to take  chances or get himself sent off. I might be disappointed.  2-1 United .😁

Hang around for a while and you will soon change your opinion. It can get pretty gritty on here (take a look at the Puel out threads!). If we start off poorly on Saturday the FT match thread will go into its usual state of meltdown :frantics:

Sorry to burst your bubble but I really think that we will beat you soundly and Vardy will probably bag a couple, especially if your CBs go wandering. That said, I think out of the promoted trio you have the best chance of staying up and I hope you do. (my sister in law's family are rabid blades supporters - so much so that her dad made them all avert their eyes whenever they drove past the Hillsborough when they were kids growing up in Sheffield).  My daughter also went to Hallam Uni and now lives in Norfolk Park area so I have a bit of a soft spot for your lot.

Looks like Fuchs will play since Chilly is out for another week. I'm erring towards putting Barnes in on the wing, moving Madders to his preferred 10 position and keeping Youri and WIlf in the middle of the park. He seems committed to playing a sort of 4 -3 - 3 diamond though, with Praet in for Hamza.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Hang around for a while and you will soon change your opinion. It can get pretty gritty on here (take a look at the Puel out threads!). If we start off poorly on Saturday the FT match thread will go into its usual state of meltdown :frantics:

Sorry to burst your bubble but I really think that we will beat you soundly and Vardy will probably bag a couple, especially if your CBs go wandering. That said, I think out of the promoted trio you have the best chance of staying up and I hope you do. (my sister in law's family are rabid blades supporters - so much so that her dad made them all avert their eyes whenever they drove past the Hillsborough when they were kids growing up in Sheffield).  My daughter also went to Hallam Uni and now lives in Norfolk Park area so I have a bit of a soft spot for your lot.

Apparently Vardy  is planning to wear a Wednesday related undershirt to reveal if he scores. i hope he doesn't do this near the crowd  or we have plenty of idiots to make it a bit tasty. Its all about opinions and no doubt you are  favourite to win this -  6-5 versus 12-5 for us at ladbrokes. I have tried to dampen all the 0-5 guys enthusiasm by explaining  that our system is a bit more complicated than simply two centre backs abandoning defence but if anyone is truly interested have a look at the post match analysis on MOTD2 after the palace game and get a better perspective. I really hope some of your players are as overconfident as some posters on here. Sticking with 2-1 United and in the lucky place that we can delight and surprise with a win but shrug our shoulders at a loss. You guys not so much...:wave:

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Because the B word is now thrown out in a multitude of topics, each iteration having its own unique meaning given the context in which it is used.

(Fears hassle from the grammar police for starting a sentence with "Because" :ph34r: )

Can I post a really nerdy answer? :) (My friend in Leicester is the real expert in this, but he's shared enough with me to be able to answer this one properly. )

The English language has two types of 'conjunctions' - one of which always requires previous reference (e.g. and/or) and one that doesn't, so long as the sentence it starts is then self contained (e.g. if/then/because).

So the problem with your sentence has nothing to do with 'because', but because it doesn't fully self contain its reference. It therefore needs the addition of 'is' before 'having' in order to make it a consistent reference.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

Can I post a really nerdy answer? :) (My friend in Leicester is the real expert in this, but he's shared enough with me to be able to answer this one properly. )

The English language has two types of 'conjunctions' - one of which always requires previous reference (e.g. and/or) and one that doesn't, so long as the sentence it starts is then self contained (e.g. if/then/because).

So the problem with your sentence has nothing to do with 'because', but because it doesn't fully self contain its reference. It therefore needs the addition of 'is' before 'having' in order to make it a consistent reference.

I am a gentleman, so allow me to get your coat...(Guess I may need to look up my old teachers, and have a word!) lol

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Happy Blade said:

Apparently Vardy is planning to wear a Wednesday related undershirt to reveal if he scores. i hope he doesn't do this near the crowd  or we have plenty of idiots to make it a bit tasty. Its all about opinions and no doubt you are  favourite to win this -  6-5 versus 12-5 for us at ladbrokes. I have tried to dampen all the 0-5 guys enthusiasm by explaining  that our system is a bit more complicated than simply two centre backs abandoning defence but if anyone is truly interested have a look at the post match analysis on MOTD2 after the palace game and get a better perspective. I really hope some of your players are as overconfident as some posters on here. Sticking with 2-1 United and in the lucky place that we can delight and surprise with a win but shrug our shoulders at a loss. You guys not so much...:wave:

As hilarious as this would actually be, I highly doubt it. You lot seem more obsessed with what he does than I reckon he actually is himself. :fishing:

Sheff Utd. deserve some respect for sure, but come on mate, you're on a Leicester City forum, we have top 7 ambitions this year and we've picked up good points against Wolves and Chelsea in our first two despite being far from our best in either game until the last half at Stamford Bridge. Oh, and the last time we actually squared up at Bramall Lane, we almost invaded the pitch because you managed to let Ahmed bleeding Musa of all people scuff a fourth in off his arse-cheek for our second-string against a line-up not that dissimilar to your current squad. :ph34r:

It's not going to be an easy game - I fully expect a coiled-spring attack and a high press, both of which we struggle with, but we've every right to have a modicum of confidence. 

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Happy Blade said:

Apparently Vardy  is planning to wear a Wednesday related undershirt to reveal if he scores. i hope he doesn't do this near the crowd  or we have plenty of idiots to make it a bit tasty. Its all about opinions and no doubt you are  favourite to win this -  6-5 versus 12-5 for us at ladbrokes. I have tried to dampen all the 0-5 guys enthusiasm by explaining  that our system is a bit more complicated than simply two centre backs abandoning defence but if anyone is truly interested have a look at the post match analysis on MOTD2 after the palace game and get a better perspective. I really hope some of your players are as overconfident as some posters on here. Sticking with 2-1 United and in the lucky place that we can delight and surprise with a win but shrug our shoulders at a loss. You guys not so much...:wave:

I can delight at supporting a team that miraculously won the Premier league. Like most level headed fans, I won't get too distraught if we don't win this game. Afterall, the season isn't decided in the first few weeks and you should be wary of that.

• Like 1

Play like we have done in the last 2 games and start putting some of the chances created and this will be a decent win, will be a physical battle so I hope our boys are up for it. Can see Rodgers changing it round a bit as well, Barnes or Albrighton in for Choudhury and maybe Perez. 

Few things you can take from this:

- From 2:40 we're there with the 3 forwards Gray, Nacho, Barnes and Perez, Vardy, Maddison playing into the box. 

Yet something we've been unable to produce in game but something we saw a bit in pre-season 

...we certainly need Praet in the team to supplement Tielemans!!!!

Tielemans has so far failed to capture the form that he showed at the start of his introduction to the team and his below par performances is affected by the pressure he now gets in the midfield. Newcastle last season showed how to nullify him and we need the extra bit of vision and creativity to come from Praet.Choudhury will have to be on the bench for this one, Barnes brought back  with Albrighton in the eleven.

Not convinced with Perez and appears to be far too indulgent to play him as it seems clear we do not have the personnel for the 4-3-3 formation Rodgers  is attempting to play.