Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Islam joins Monaco on loan

6 hours ago, LCCFox96 said:

Good start for Slimani there. For us to recoup any reasonable amount back off our original outlay, we need him to have a good season so willing him to well. Hopefully he's hit around 10 goals by January and has done enough for them to be interested in making it permanent. 

We have a recall clause in the loan so hopefully he plays like a peak Alan Shearer until January and someone wants to buy him.  Nice goal TBF.

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1

Just now, pmcla26 said:

u do come across the odd imbecilic twat though that holds their personal opinion against NP despite the success, 

:Dlol

Cheers for that.

Great man manager, hopelessly floundered in the Premier League and since. Never bought into the hagiography, worship and cult of personality. 

But then, I have found that being an imbecilic twat does tend to taint my judgment in life somewhat. Thank Christ for football forums. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, pmcla26 said:

Ffs!!! Meant it as u tend to come across the odd imbecilic twat not u mate! :frusty:lol

Ah the great things that come from text, no offence meant haha just misinterpretation, I should never have quoted u in the first place lol 

lollol - It's a nightmare...Nigel, instead of James...

Sorry completely misconstrued that. And we are supposedly living in an age conducive to ease of communication. 

21 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Maybe so.. but the tw4t scored on his debut at Monaco today.

Since he is on loan with an option to buy, i hope he does well and we recoup some money *fingers crossed*

Couldn't agree more ...... hope he has the best spell of his career whilst on loan and we can finally shift him on!

2 hours ago, baldeagle said:

I was the opposite always the smallest didn’t grow until I left school so people thought I was an easy target . How wrong they were . 😉

Size never determines heart and that’s one thing bullies love - no heart to fight back b

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

Size never determines heart and that’s one thing bullies love - no heart to fight back b

Off topic but it's a myth that all Bullies are cowards in my opinion. I was getting bullied in primary school by a lad in the year above and my brother in law told me that if I punched the bully in the face he'd never bully me again so the next break time I sprinted across the playground and banged him. He absolutely battered me. The bullying got even worse cause he knew there was nothing I could do about it and I got in trouble because the dinner lady had seen me attack him in what seemed to be a completely unprovoked attack. Still it's all character building.

Edited by The whole world smiles

5 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Off topic but it's a myth that all Bullies are cowards in my opinion. I was getting bullied in primary school by a lad in the year above and my brother in law told me that if I punched the bully in the face he'd never bully me again so the next break time I sprinted across the playground and banged him. He absolutely battered me. The bullying got even worse cause he knew there was nothing I could do about it and I got in trouble because the dinner lady had seen me attack him in what seemed to be a completely unprovoked attack. Still it's all character building.

Oh I agree. They’re not all cowards at all. One lad when I was at school was an absolute nightmare. Ended up going to prison for armed robbery. Nothing cowardly about him at all. But he was thick as pig shit. 

• Like 1

Starts with Slim but also covers a few others on loan ...   

@UpTheLeagueFox ..   Perhaps you can tell me Geoff, or other ITK’s ..  or anyone else for that matter ! ...  why Slim didn’t do well for us ...  was he toxic ? ...   did he hate England ?? ...  why ? ..   as he seemed a good player to me with lots of goals in him ..    :unsure:

825180C1-D962-4365-8D20-3B9CF43EB1A3.jpeg

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

@UpTheLeagueFox ..   Perhaps you can tell me Geoff, or other ITK’s ..  or anyone else for that matter ! ...  why Slim didn’t do well for us ...  was he toxic ? ...   did he hate England ?? ...  why ? ..   as he seemed a good player to me with lots of goals in him ..    :unsure:

He was destined to fail before we signed him. He was never going to replace Vardy and was bought as an upgrade on Okazaki due to him having a reputation as a tough, hard working player who put it about. We thought we were signing Okazaki with goals and an aerial threat. 

We bought a square peg and tried to fit it into a round hole. 

Edited by Gerard

29 minutes ago, Gerard said:

He was destined to fail before we signed him. He was never going to replace Vardy and was bought as an upgrade on Okazaki due to him having a reputation as a tough, hard working player who put it about. We thought we were signing Okazaki with goals and an aerial threat. 

We bought a square peg and tried to fit it into a round hole. 

Why didn't he fit though ...   what you have described above sounds just the job to either complement Vardy or replace him when needed ...   :S

21 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Teams dont buy players friends to keep players happy lol Come on, Im pretty sure Riyad has cheaper mates. People just assume they'd be friends because they come from the same country.  Find one report or quote that even slightly implies that? 

The internet is dangerous if you believe everything you read on it

Err yea that's sort of my point . Even if that sort of thing did happen (which I agree it doesn't) then even  Mahrez didn't like him .

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Bound to score because the French Lge 1 is shite. 

46 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Why didn't he fit though ...   what you have described above sounds just the job to either complement Vardy or replace him when needed ...   :S

Because he's a number 9. We already have one so he was required to play as a 10..which doesnt play to his strengths.  But his general attitude also doesnt fit our squad, you can see in the Monaco highlights that he shouts at his team mates consistently... that only works if you are the best player... he was far from that. 

23 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

Because he wasnt one bit interested in our club only our money and that hasnt changed,

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

A lot of that has to do with the system they played, Tielemans wasn’t suited to playing in a two in the centre without a holding player behind him - he had no license to go forward and create and wasn’t the type of centre midfielder Monaco wanted. Good player, just in the wrong system, probably similar to what Silva had here in a way. 

Which is the point with Islam too. He's a goalscorer but our system didn't suit him.

For those complaining about him berating players. We've had some great players who berate others when they're not playing well enough. what's wrong with expecting others to put in as much effort as you do?

5 hours ago, Countryfox said:

If the rumours are true, his attitude stinks.

The rumours are that he was offered English lessons and refused them, and slagged teammates off in his own language, knowing they couldn't understand what he was saying.

That's just alleged, but we've seen him berating his teammates on the pitch, and watching him ruin his own country's AFCON celebrations leads me to believe there could well be truth in them. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Countryfox said:

The wrong fit for how we play with Vardy

I was told Ranieri had advice not to sign him (especially for huge money) but he was insistent and we eventually paid top dollar

Sadly one of many things CR messed up in the second season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, FIF said:

Which is the point with Islam too. He's a goalscorer but our system didn't suit him.

For those complaining about him berating players. We've had some great players who berate others when they're not playing well enough. what's wrong with expecting others to put in as much effort as you do?

... more a case of aportioning blame if something did not go his way!! 

No reason why he could not operate with Vardy, but he was very selective in his on pitch decisions, choosing to play the balls he could be bothered to compete for. 

I suspect if he was getting 15+ goals a season, he would still be, the obnoxious apple in the barrel. His longevity at the club would still be short lived and open to close scrutiny. 

I really hope he gets the sucess at Monaco, which would influence them into making a deal, but I suspect for Monaco, this is an interim situation, with no deal at the end of the loan. 

Guest An Sionnach

Still on for a hatrick against PSG in a pretty average team , we have Nacho and Perez as back up strikers , Jamie had better stay fit - all season!!