Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Islam joins Monaco on loan

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Monaco, what a club!

We are to Monaco what Sporting are to us.

Pass the problem from Sporting.

You don’t have to know him on a personal level to see that he was a disruptive character. Remember him skulking off the pitch at Huddersfield away after he’d been brought on and never seen such an average player throw arms up and bemoan team mates as much as he did.

Always felt Mahrez’s attitude was never quite the same after Slimani arrived as well.

• Like 1

Never really got much of a chance with us to be fair.  Too big a player to be sitting on the bench playing understudy to Vardy.  Most he played was in the 2017/18 League Cup where I think he was top scorer in the competition until he got dropped for the QF which we lost.  Will probably do well reunited with his old Sporting manager at Monaco.  Good luck to him.

• Like 2

Terrible recruitment from the off. We could have bought him for £6m cheaper earlier in the window due to a clause but decided not to and paid more for him a couple of weeks later.

I believe we bought him out of a Ranieri knee jerk reaction and he came here to replace Okazaki but with more goals to his game because Slimani was known for his high work rate. He was never going to replace Vardy and couldn't do Okazaki's role. His failure is more down to the club than the player.

What really sticks in the throat is making big purchases and them being utter failures and still we can't cut our losses. We got away with it in Musa but Slimani and silva will probably be official Leicester players until their contracts run out and we'll be loaning them out until then. 

4 hours ago, Gerard said:

Terrible recruitment from the off. We could have bought him for £6m cheaper earlier in the window due to a clause but decided not to and paid more for him a couple of weeks later.

I believe we bought him out of a Ranieri knee jerk reaction and he came here to replace Okazaki but with more goals to his game because Slimani was known for his high work rate. He was never going to replace Vardy and couldn't do Okazaki's role. His failure is more down to the club than the player.

What really sticks in the throat is making big purchases and them being utter failures and still we can't cut our losses. We got away with it in Musa but Slimani and silva will probably be official Leicester players until their contracts run out and we'll be loaning them out until then. 

We had been linked with him for years including pre ranieri. Quite obvious that Steve Walsh thought he had unearthed another gem. Sadly wasn't to be

3 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

We had been linked with him for years including pre ranieri. Quite obvious that Steve Walsh thought he had unearthed another gem. Sadly wasn't to be

IIRC Steve Walsh was amazed at the fee we paid.

Like with everything it has a price and we well overpaid for a 28yo with little scope for improvement and had only ever done it in Portugal. I believe Walsh thought £10m would be about right. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gerard said:

He was scouted way before Ranieri was a blink in Leicester city's eye. 

8 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

He was scouted way before Ranieri was a blink in Leicester city's eye. 

I know.

IIRC he was scouted in Pearson's time.

Walsh leaves and Ranieri probably panicked as the window was nearer closing. The scouting department weren't that keen at the price but Ranieri knee jerked and wanted him rather than no one. I suppose after winning the title he was allowed his indulgence. 

I never understood Slim's signing for such a price, we had Ulloa already who was similar and never acted like a primadonna on the pitch. His recent behaviour with Algeria during AFCON winning celebration just reinforced my views on him. Hopefully he does well for them so we can finally offload the precious big ears.

18 minutes ago, Chester Dontlie said:

I never understood Slim's signing for such a price, we had Ulloa already who was similar and never acted like a primadonna on the pitch. His recent behaviour with Algeria during AFCON winning celebration just reinforced my views on him. Hopefully he does well for them so we can finally offload the precious big ears.

Only off the pitch...

31 minutes ago, Chester Dontlie said:

What did he do during the celebrations?