Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Islam joins Monaco on loan

8 hours ago, foxile5 said:

What did he do during the celebrations?

He was hogging the trophy and running off with it. Snatching it off his teammates. Acting like he'd won it single-handedly. He'd only been on the pitch about a minute. Mahrez told him f off. There's a video or two somewhere.

32 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

He was hogging the trophy and running off with it. Snatching it off his teammates. Acting like he'd won it single-handedly. He'd only been on the pitch about a minute. Mahrez told him f off. There's a video or two somewhere.

I'd like to see one if you could direct me to it. The idea of Mahrez telling him off makes me laugh. 

Wish him well there and that he can somehow rejuvenate his career and get at least two more years out of it, for his own sake.

With hindsight 20/20, he will go down in club history as a rather bad investment. First season was somewhat ok, then it all went sour when news about his antics emerged.

Once his buddy Riyad was gone, seems to me he just gave up. But it's certainly down to any striker having a tough time getting past Jamie Vardy in the current setup.

Twelve matches, one goal in the second season at the KP. To be fair, that was the consequence of him being frozen out of the squad (for whatever reason).

One goal in 15 league matches for Fenerbahçe (three in seven in the Europa League).

Well, that's damning for a striker.

Hope he can bounce back and make an impact for Monaco, so that they'll be happy enough to sign him on a permanent next summer.

• Like 1

he needs to kick start his career and he can't do that in this country. he's cost us millions and we've had very little in return. he was never going to be the main striker here but his attitude was very poor as we have all seen. with Slimani, Musa and Kalechi we have signed players that should have been good and should have had lots of goals in them but for some reason which we need to figure out before we buy another striker it hasn't worked out, a lot is down to Vardy and whether he can play with another striker but it is up to who we buy to adapt and be a foil for Vardy. 

10 hours ago, foxile5 said:

What did he do during the celebrations?

Behaved like a spoiled 5 year old/Gollum wanting the cup only for himself, bear in mind he was neither a captain nor one of the key players, merely a bench warmer for them, scarcely featured in the tournament... Tbh first time I saw a pro football player behaving like that, it was both hilarious and cringeworthy lol

10 hours ago, brucey said:

Only off the pitch...

Yes, that's why I worded it this way. Despite Leo's words off the pitch (but that's just what some emotional players do these days, throw a fit, especially when they are left in a limbo for a long while like he was) I have a massive respect for him for what he's done before that while actually being on the pitch, where and when it really mattered. That's why he'll always be one of the Leicester legends for me.

As for Slim I had hoped the Carabao cup goal vs Liverpool would be the galvanizing moment for him, but it was just one of the few odd good games he had. I never felt that he clicked with anyone on the pitch, not even Mahrez. One of the embarassing things was that while on the pitch he always seem to win less headers than Okazaki.

Even though I wasn't exactly over the moon when we signed Perez, when I think of Slim's misadventure at Leicester I'm very happy about us having Ayoze, a quick, younger, technical player who can make a pass, score a goal and above all understands that football is a team game.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

he needs to kick start his career and he can't do that in this country. he's cost us millions and we've had very little in return. he was never going to be the main striker here but his attitude was very poor as we have all seen. with Slimani, Musa and Kalechi we have signed players that should have been good and should have had lots of goals in them but for some reason which we need to figure out before we buy another striker it hasn't worked out, a lot is down to Vardy and whether he can play with another striker but it is up to who we buy to adapt and be a foil for Vardy. 

Please clarify, because we all saw that most of the time he did a job on the pitch.

Edited by That_Dude

On 21/08/2019 at 17:00, Suzie the Fox said:

Or just isnt the type of playing that fits in with the current squad and managers tactics? 

Or the one before, Or the one before, or the one before that, or the one where he was on loan, or the other one where he was on loan??

Nope, I think it may be because he's a huge tw*t

10 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Or the one before, Or the one before, or the one before that, or the one where he was on loan, or the other one where he was on loan??

Nope, I think it may be because he's a huge tw*t

Maybe so.. but the tw4t scored on his debut at Monaco today.

Since he is on loan with an option to buy, i hope he does well and we recoup some money *fingers crossed*

• Like 2

On 24/08/2019 at 08:36, Col city fan said:

Complete waste of money and a shocking signing. Let’s hope he does well at Monaco so they keep the fooker.

Now that he has seen Monte Carlo, I'm sure he'll pull a gun on anyone who mentions going back to Leicester. Especially around Christmas when he would be warming the bench on a beautiful evening in Turf Moor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Chester Dontlie said:

Slim shady's first goal for Monaco. Apparently they were leading 2-0 but gave it away

No. They were 2-0 up then had a man sent off at 55mins. They only lost the game at the end. Slim played well.