Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UniFox21

Ricardo Pereira

What I love is how the media and sky are raving and hyping over the likes of AWB, that lets Ricardo go unnoticed on a lot of occasions. 

edit: my bad thought this was in the main forum, don't panic people 

#2: Cheers for moving this:sweating:

Edited by UniFox21

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

What I love is how the media and sky are raving and hyping over the likes of AWB, that lets Ricardo go unnoticed on a lot of occasions. 

With regards to AWB, yes he has the most tackles in the league and deserves the praise for it, but that's just about all he does. He's not a particularly attacking player by any stretch of the imagination.

Pereira on the other hand has managed to get himself to second on that list despite at times playing more like a winger, and his attacking output over the season will far outstrip anything that AWB produces. That's seriously impressive. 

Pereira for me is in the top 2 RBs (possibly FBs in general) in the league. TAA the other.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

They are bound to rave over AWB he is English wait till he becomes shit again and they will soon change their minds

40 minutes ago, Xen said:

With regards to AWB, yes he has the most tackles in the league and deserves the praise for it, but that's just about all he does. He's not a particularly attacking player by any stretch of the imagination.

Pereira on the other hand has managed to get himself to second on that list despite at times playing more like a winger, and his attacking output over the season will far outstrip anything that AWB produces. That's seriously impressive. 

Pereira for me is in the top 2 RBs (possibly FBs in general) in the league. TAA the other.

His offensive ability and creativity often gets missed, and its one of the major points of his game. The way he switches feet and glides past people is incredible. 

But I agree, AWB is more defensive, probably with the ability to push forward somewhere in him. 

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

He's currently our best player. Vardy is my favourite ever LCFC player, but Riccy is just consistently good every game. He's our best attacking player despite being a right back! Feel bad for Danny Simpson, but Ricardo is just levels and levels above him in terms of what a full back can do.

The scary thing is Ricardo still has room to improve! He does sometimes make defensive mistakes or doesn't quite deliver on the final ball, but well if every signing was as good as Ricardo, I'd be a very happy man. Great attitude as well!

Agree completely.  I think he is the best player we have and I honestly would not swap him for any other player in the league in his position.  Maybe not quite Kante levels but pretty close to being world class in my opinion.  X

• Like 1

There’s a decent case for him being our best right back, best right winger and best left winger. He’s also played a season or two at left back.

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

He's currently our best player. Vardy is my favourite ever LCFC player, but Riccy is just consistently good every game. He's our best attacking player despite being a right back! Feel bad for Danny Simpson, but Ricardo is just levels and levels above him in terms of what a full back can do.

The scary thing is Ricardo still has room to improve! He does sometimes make defensive mistakes or doesn't quite deliver on the final ball, but well if every signing was as good as Ricardo, I'd be a very happy man. Great attitude as well!

Ricky P with Fuchs of 3 or 4 seasons ago would be amazing!

33 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Agree completely.  I think he is the best player we have and I honestly would not swap him for any other player in the league in his position.  Maybe not quite Kante levels but pretty close to being world class in my opinion.  X

I don't think it's that outlandish to say he is world class. Who is a better right-back than Ricardo? Trent Alexander-Arnold, yes maybe he is better. Cancelo? Yep could be better. Who is left after that? Kimmich? Pavard? 

I like that no one outside Leicester rates Ricardo, because it's good for us! But for me, is a top class player that could literally play for anybody. I agree he is not on Kante's level who was not only the best box-to-box midfielder in Europe when we had him, but one of the best in the histroy of the league - on the same level as Keane and Vieria. But Riccy P is absolute top quality, you see it every single game. 

• Like 1

Honestly he’s just phenomenal. A superb signing, if we don’t get Europe this year then we’ll be shopping for another right back in the summer. 

When you think about some of the trash PSG and Barca have had and bought at right back recently, you can predict exactly where he’ll be heading.

i hope it’s that anyway..... spurs are crying out for a good right back :( 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I don't think it's that outlandish to say he is world class. Who is a better right-back than Ricardo? Trent Alexander-Arnold, yes maybe he is better. Cancelo? Yep could be better. Who is left after that? Kimmich? Pavard? 

I like that no one outside Leicester rates Ricardo, because it's good for us! But for me, is a top class player that could literally play for anybody. I agree he is not on Kante's level who was not only the best box-to-box midfielder in Europe when we had him, but one of the best in the histroy of the league - on the same level as Keane and Vieria. But Riccy P is absolute top quality, you see it every single game. 

I agree completely. 

A note on Kante...... I actually feel sorry for him, he really should be at a better club.  For me he is still the best player in the world at what he does.  Hopefully he gets a move to a true giant before he retires, he deserves it.  X

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Honestly he’s just phenomenal. A superb signing, if we don’t get Europe this year then we’ll be shopping for another right back in the summer. 

When you think about some of the trash PSG and Barca have had and bought at right back recently, you can predict exactly where he’ll be heading.

I agree, I know some folk are of the opinion that a player is basically dead once he leaves us but if ever have to lose a player I would love to see one of them go to Barcelona or Madrid and really become a great.  X

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

A note on Kante...... I actually feel sorry for him, he really should be at a better club.  For me he is still the best player in the world at what he does.  Hopefully he gets a move to a true giant before he retires, he deserves it.  X

He's being used as a box to box and involved a lot more in attacking play. Admittedly he's not bad at all at it, but he isn't being used as the ball winning, attack stopping monster he was for us.

I still stand with that's his best role. 

Just now, UniFox21 said:

He's being used as a box to box and involved a lot more in attacking play. Admittedly he's not bad at all at it, but he isn't being used as the ball winning, attack stopping monster he was for us.

I still stand with that's his best role. 

I agree, I said nothing about his position?  I just think even if they played him in his best position he is still too good for them.  He should be at Barcelona, Madrid, Man City, etc.  He honestly is too good for anyone else (apart from us).  X

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Fvck spuds they would never pay our valuation. Man U struggled he ain't going spuds.

• Like 1