Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UniFox21

Ricardo Pereira

5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I'd honestly pick him ahead of Semedo and probably Cancelo. 

I'm unimpressed with Semedo whenever I see him, he's just fast. He's not a Barcelona type player at all, Ricardo would be a much better fit for them on paper, much more technical and composed. 

Cancelo is very good but I think Ricky's defensively more aware. 

So far Cancelo has been defensively solid at Man City, maybe he needed a world class coach to organise him. I think a full season and we'll be able to tell.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Up until recently he was 4th or 5th choice, astonishing.

There isn't a better right back than him.

I'd assume there's some political reason beyond talent. 

It can't be an argument of ability. There aren't many better in the world are there? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Tony Spearing. I cannot take what you say seriously... 

;)

I know you're joking, but full-back is the position that's most obviously improved over the years and the one position where players of the past are obviously not as good as their modern equivalent. You used to put your weaker defenders at full-back, whereas nowadays it's one of the most important positions on the pitch.

Whitworth, Nish, Gary Mills and Simon Grayson were all great for us, but I wouldn't say any of them were anywhere near the quality of Ricardo (or Fuchs in the title winning season either).

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 3

There was a moment yesterday where things just opened up for him in the 2nd half and everyone, including himself, seemed to realise this was an opportunity to take control of the match and capitalise on. It's this kind of awareness either from players on pitch or staff which is clicking for us and helping us dominate in games.

Ricardo is very comfortable on the ball and it's common sense and simple play with the ball which is what I like a lot in attacks. Even just little give & go's with Gray or Perez, running in behind a LB or running in towards box just gives us so many different dimensiosn and options in attack. 

I still love as well how he is sound defensively, too. Just solid as part of that back 4. 

My MotM yesterday. And there were plenty to choose from. He is a sensationally good footballer. When he goes on those forward bursts, linking up with Tielemans and Perez/Gray, it is absolutely bewitching.

I was reading the other day before Vitoria Guimarães played Arsenal how they love him there because he not only scored the winner for them in the 2013 Portuguese Cup final against Benfica - their only major honour - but was actually the joint top scorer in the whole competition with six goals!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

No assists for him this season weirdly! Lots of pre assists though

This

If you watch the goals again you have to say that he was a major player in both goals, both goals originated from his crisp first time ball in, and the fact he's on the edge of their box attacking the little scamp! I hope JJ is taking everything in and learning from him, because I could see a bidding war amongst the top European clubs at the end of the season. 

He is destined for greatness

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Billy Big Balls said:

Was it a well-earned penalty? How he playing other than that? 

To be honest, I pretty much just saw that, normal charge into the box preparing to cross it low., then the opposition guy took him out

Only reason I watched that bit was coz I had a Hoddle overload and needed space and time away.

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Billy Big Balls said:

Was it a well-earned penalty? How he playing other than that? 

It wasn’t a penalty, ref initially pointed to the spot then gave a corner after consulting assistant. Corner correct decision, defender got the ball

He’s playing pretty well in general, a few good balls into the box. Hopefully it’s good enough to keep his spot in the team.

Edited by brucey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, brucey said:

It wasn’t a penalty, ref initially pointed to the spot then gave a corner after consulting assistant. Corner correct decision, defender got the ball

He’s playing pretty well in general, a few good balls into the box. Hopefully it’s good enough to keep his spot in the team.

Sorry, my bad, thought it was!