Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Frost

Bournemouth (H) Pre Match

Bournemouth are less likely to park the bus which can only benefit us, unless they've learnt from other teams and decide to give it a go. They won't be gung ho attacking but they'll have a go on the counter, which makes them dangerous. Ndidi or Choudhury is tough call, but you have to choose one of them. Question is whether he goes with Barnes or Praet? Hopefully the former, Praet looks a decent player but if he plays Maddison has to go wide.

Kasper

Ricardo

Evans

Soyuncu

Chilwell

Ndidi

Maddison

Tielemans

Perez

Vardy

Barnes

Subs: Ward, Fuchs, Benkovic (assuming Morgan isn't fit), Praet, Choudhury, Albrighton, Gray

I think this game will tell us a lot about who we are.

So far:

Drew at home to a top 7 Wolves team - okay but it was at home against a direct rival so a win would have been desirable.

Drew away against a top 4 team - okay but they haven't looked like a top 4 team this season, more lower - mid-table. a win was possible.

Won away to a relegation battler - good but we didn't really impress and didn't make very many chances.

Drew away to a lower mid table reserve team - disappointing in that we aren't creating chances. 

Now we're at home to a mid to lower table team. Surely this is not only a must win but also a must perform game!

I hope that N'Didi is fit and we play both him and choudhury.

I had wanted to see Barnes start but he started in the league cup and seemed to be less effective so I'd keep him as the first sub at 60 minutes. I really need to see Tielemans step up and start pinging the ball forward. He looks overweight and slow and he's passing backwards too much. I like our passing game but it has to get the ball forward much much quicker to Perez and Vardy who should work as a front two.

Anything but a convincing victory would surprise me ( but we DO need to score first) Leicester 4 Bournemouth 0 Perez 2 , Vardy, Evans

I never like playing Bournemouth. We start too slowly for my liking for unknown reasons and I reckon Bournemouth will take advantage. We still have barely improved going forward, but reckon we will score a couple. 

2-2 Vardy, Perez finally

18 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Not sure, but the fact that Hamza was hooked after an hour the other nite probs suggests we need him for this game, so doubt Ndidi will be ready to start. 

Hard to say who'd I'd prefer. If they park the bus Hamza's passing would be very useful. But Ndidi's height would make him a target for corners. Increasingly I prefer Ndidi went we need his superior tackling and interceptions (not to say Hamza isn't also very good) against teams that come at us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FIF said:

I think this game will tell us a lot about who we are.

So far:

Drew at home to a top 7 Wolves team - okay but it was at home against a direct rival so a win would have been desirable.

Drew away against a top 4 team - okay but they haven't looked like a top 4 team this season, more lower - mid-table. a win was possible.

Won away to a relegation battler - good but we didn't really impress and didn't make very many chances.

Drew away to a lower mid table reserve team - disappointing in that we aren't creating chances. 

Now we're at home to a mid to lower table team. Surely this is not only a must win but also a must perform game!

I hope that N'Didi is fit and we play both him and choudhury.

I had wanted to see Barnes start but he started in the league cup and seemed to be less effective so I'd keep him as the first sub at 60 minutes. I really need to see Tielemans step up and start pinging the ball forward. He looks overweight and slow and he's passing backwards too much. I like our passing game but it has to get the ball forward much much quicker to Perez and Vardy who should work as a front two.

Anything but a convincing victory would surprise me ( but we DO need to score first) Leicester 4 Bournemouth 0 Perez 2 , Vardy, Evans

Aren't these a bit contradictory? Surely if we want to pass quicker we shouldn't play our two DMs?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Aren't these a bit contradictory? Surely if we want to pass quicker we shouldn't play our two DMs?

Not at all. Hamza is a fast passer and passes forwards but that's irrelevant since Tielemans and Madders are both in the team and it's their job to get us moving. The only midfielder in our squad who has problems passing quickly is N'Didi but I'd play him for his interceptions, tackling ability and his height/heading ability. You don't need to play 11 Albrighton's in order to pass quickly.

2 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

Be interesting to see if Chilwell and Ndidi get straight back in the side

I seem to recall reading somewhere with regards to Ndidi that his international trainer said he wouldn't be ready until after the international break.

• Like 1

Have long been our bogey team until the home game a few months back when we got a very early goal and then played some solid football and let the game run it's course before adding a 2nd and sewing it up. I feel we must score early again tomorrow and then follow it up with some good football as we are nowhere near what we are capable of yet this season and it all feels a bit out of sorts. Tielemans could do with a goal or assist to blow the cobwebs away, although I thought Barnes sounded anonymous vs Newcastle by having him and Perez in it will mean we go back to the dual 8 role of Maddison and Tielemans which worked so well last season. If Barnes is to drop out again then please let Albrighton or even Gray play rather than bringing in another central midfielder.

39 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

No it was a mistake they mentioned he was on the bench. (It was actually Mendy if i remember correctly.)

37 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

I didn't say it was correct, just recalling what I'd read. Maybe I should get a job in media and just make crap up....lol

thanks suzie - that s makes sense then 

unlikely we will see him tomorrow 

however ……….

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

Just now, st albans fox said:

thanks suzie - that s makes sense then 

unlikely we will see him tomorrow then

Funnily enough i just read a tweet from Tanner (posted above) saying Chilwell and Ndidi are both fit, so maybe they will start or at least be on the bench. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Not sure, but the fact that Hamza was hooked after an hour the other nite probs suggests we need him for this game, so doubt Ndidi will be ready to start. 

I imagine that tackle was the main reason why he was taken off.

• Like 1

Training photos, who’s that with back to us on image two? There’s a shot of someone in background who’s him and I never seen him before? Trialist? Can be seen in image 12 between albrighton and Barnes? 

Edited by Lesta2014