Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Frost

Bournemouth (H) Pre Match

I know it's only three games in, but our league position does not at all reflect the quality of our performances.

Wolves and Chelsea would have steam rolled us on one of their good days.

Possession needs to start resulting in some end product but I don't see that happening tomorrow.

I am sticking with a 1-0 win though.

Can't wait for our performances to actually peak - we will be a force to be reckoned with - I just hope it comes soon enough to cement us a good league position and not the last part of the season where everything is already out of reach!

Edited by adejo92

On 29/08/2019 at 14:04, Deeg67 said:

I think the same lineup as Sheffield, except with Chilwell instead of Fuchs.  Though I'd like to see Praet play as a #6 type rather than stuck as a sort of hybrid left winger.

We’re definitely hybrid with Brendan playing square pegs in round holes in.a system where we hold the ball but do little with it in the final third. 

Need pace, pace and more and move the damn thing quicker in the final third. I think a Bournemouth win will end this papering over the crack system

Edited by oxtonfox

13 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Bournemouth are less likely to park the bus which can only benefit us, unless they've learnt from other teams and decide to give it a go. They won't be gung ho attacking but they'll have a go on the counter, which makes them dangerous. Ndidi or Choudhury is tough call, but you have to choose one of them. Question is whether he goes with Barnes or Praet? Hopefully the former, Praet looks a decent player but if he plays Maddison has to go wide.

Kasper

Ricardo

Evans

Soyuncu

Chilwell

Ndidi

Maddison

Tielemans

Perez

Vardy

Barnes

Subs: Ward, Fuchs, Benkovic (assuming Morgan isn't fit), Praet, Choudhury, Albrighton, Gray

Even if fit, Morgan should not be anywhere near our bench. This is not a game for him. Absolutely tanked down there last season before receiving his red card.   Save him for Burnley.

1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Managed to wrangle tickets for the Gallery for tomorrow. Anyone know if there's any dress code?

Don't think theres a dress code as such but I've always gone smart/casual. Shirt and jeans should do it!

Another potential banana skin for us here. I believe they're playing 5-3-2/3-5-2 what ever way you want to say it. 4-1-2-1-2 again for us tomorrow. It'll be a hard game and alot of huffing and puffing but eventually we will win 1-0 thanks to Vards.

Great start to the season going into the month of September with some hard games coming up.

6 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Leicester would have steam rolled them on one of their good days.

See, I can do irrelevant speculation too :) 

I can't see how it's irrelevant really. 

We have been far from convincing so far but have managed to pick up points due to opposition not turning up. 

Our lack of goal scoring capability, thus far, is scary.

If we don't start playing to our capabilities, which are incredibly good, then we may create ourselves some problems. 

Can you honestly tell me that any of our points have been picked up convincingly? 

Edited by adejo92

I'm enjoying the amount of starting 11 competition we have going into this game.

Schmeichel, Vardy, Tielemans, Evans, Maddison, I'd say, are pinned positions, but, depending upon formation, the rest have strong competition, including Ndidi. 

It's fairly certain Chilwell will come back in today, but will have to be bang on form to keep out Fuchs.

Home game, we have to see more hope of the vision today and I reckon we will, well...after the first 15 minutes, obviously. 

Schmeichel

Ricardo Soyuncu Evans Chilwell

Ndidi Tielemans Choudhury

Perez Vardy Maddison 

I have a feeling Brendad will still go defensive to counter their wide play.

But if he fancies a change, 

Schmeichel

Ricardo Soyuncu Evans Chilwell

Gray Tielemans Ndidi Barnes

Maddison 

Vardy

Get a wide on. 

I'm not sure if Chillers and Barnes on the left really works, yet.  I'd have Albrighton on the left and Barnes on the right, that can swap if needs be during the game.

If we fancy a change...

EDIT: I hate waking up early at weekends when I don't have to work :P :( 

Edited by PhillippaT
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, adejo92 said:

We have been far from convincing so far but have managed to pick up points due to opposition not turning up. 

If we don't start playing to our capabilities, which are incredibly good, then we may create ourselves some problems. 

Can you honestly tell me that any of our points have been picked up convincingly? 

Can you honestly tell me Wolves or Chelsea picked up points convincingly? In fact outside of Man City or Liverpool, can you tell me which team has been more convincing than us?

No one is saying we’ve played well, but we have picked up points! 

I’ve watched a lot of games this season already and honestly can’t see a side who have been convincing so far!

We know we have room to grow into our season, other haven’t been convincing and honestly I can’t see them growing 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, adejo92 said:

I never said they had. Fact is, the points have been picked up. I was merely countering your 'what if' we've an equally valid 'what if'. Those things didn't happen, ergo, not relevant.

11 hours ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

I’m sure I’ve seen he’s available with Chilwell?

Just saw it in the Mercury.  A bit surprised given that Nigeria had been compelled to call up a replacement for him in their international squad. 

Edited by NaijaFox