Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Frost

Bournemouth (H) Pre Match

17 minutes ago, Frost said:

Here we go then...Bournemouth up next.

It'd be ideal to pick up three points against a team we've struggled to get results against in the past. Five points in total against Wolves, Chelsea & Sheff Utd is good, just hoping for an attacking performance and a win ahead of the international break. We'd have made a strong start on that basis.

I expect Bournemouth to leave themselves open at times with their attacking tendancies so we should be able to find holes in their defence, if we play with proper wingers anyway. We'd be able to push YT/JM further up the pitch into space and with Albrigton/ Barnes we should have enough of a threat out wide to cause them problems. We look narrow and predictable at present.

My team:

Kasper

Pereira

Evans

Soyuncu

Fuchs

Choudhury

Tielemans

Maddison

Albrighton

Vardy

Barnes

2-0 LCFC.

That’s the team that I think most of us want to see. A bit more width, more attacking intent and at pace and seeing Madders and Tielemans together in the middle like last season. I’m not sure BR will give up on his diamond and starting with Perez yet though. 

8 minutes ago, Frost said:

Here we go then...Bournemouth up next.

It'd be ideal to pick up three points against a team we've struggled to get results against in the past. Five points in total against Wolves, Chelsea & Sheff Utd is good, just hoping for an attacking performance and a win ahead of the international break. We'd have made a strong start on that basis.

I expect Bournemouth to leave themselves open at times with their attacking tendancies so we should be able to find holes in their defence, if we play with proper wingers anyway. We'd be able to push YT/JM further up the pitch into space and with Albrigton/ Barnes we should have enough of a threat out wide to cause them problems. We look narrow and predictable at present.

My team:

Kasper

Pereira

Evans

Soyuncu

Fuchs

Choudhury

Tielemans

Maddison

Albrighton

Vardy

Barnes

2-0 LCFC.

personally I would keep Perez in, Albrighton on left in front of Fuchs (Barnes impact sub which was effective against sheff utd).  This would still allow Perez to come inside and support Vardy when Ricardo bombs on, and also give us more width on left allowing YT and JM to play down the middle where we know that they are most effective.  However, I am not the manager and unfortunately, I think he will actually go more like

KS

RP  JE   CS  BC (if fit)/CF

HC

YT       DP

EP                JM

JV

Personally not a fan of the diamond. JM wasted on left, tends to drift inside leaving us no width on that side.  I just feel that sometimes, having splashed big money we are trying to accommodate those players rather than playing to our strengths. I have no doubt that Praet and Perez are good players and certainly offer something but we, the fans, and the players, have to recognise that we are building a squad with future European football in mind where strength in depth will be important, and that a certain amount of rotation is inevitable.

I think this game is tailor made to go all out in terms of attacking strength and using width to stretch them, unlike the previous games where we were up against well organised defensive teams and away from home. This is our first home game of the campaign against eminently beatable opposition and I would like to see us going for it. These are the games that will determine where we finish in final table, not away to the likes of Chelsea.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

No Fuchers?

IMO, if Chilwell is healthy, he starts 100%.

I know Fuchs has played really well. He's solid defensively, and even better than Chilwell in our own third. But what we are missing is Chilwell's ability to make overlapping runs down the left flank, and provide width in attack. Think of how much better Barnes will look when he can combine with Chilwell. Fuchs can whip in a cross, but he can't get up and downfield for the full 90 minutes. 

There's a reason Chilwell has a pricetag of well over 60M on him. 

Edited by Detroit Blues

20 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

No Fuchers?

Chillers is my preferred LB over Fuchers as he has more of a future. However, I am not that upset if Chillers is benched with the likes of Justers, Albrighters, Menders, Nachers and Morgers.

This has always been a tough game for us and only last season did we end the hoodoo and beat them in the league. That home performance was outstanding and probably our best of last season, and if we played like that again, we will easily win.

Problem is that even though we've been picking up great results, our performances and form have been pretty average. I don't think any attacking player has yet consistently played at a level above 7/10. We could still grind out a win playing as such, but currently I'm thinking a 1-1 draw is most likely just given our record against them. It goes without saying that I hope it all clicks again and we are rampant, which I hope will happen sooner rather than later, but it feels like we aren't in that place just yet. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, urban fox said:

KS

RP  JE   CS  BC (if fit)/CF

HC

YT       DP

EP                JM

JV

Don't make me think... I was like 'who the f**k is JV?'

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

Chillers is my preferred LB over Fuchers as he has more of a future. However, I am not that upset if Chillers is benched with the likes of Justers, Albrighters, Menders, Nachers and Morgers.

Long as they don’t all end up in Wards

I want to see Albrighton out wide, not due to wanting Perez dropped as such, but because Albrighton deserves a chance too. He never lets us down, and is just as deserving of being given a start and an opportunity.

I also think people underestimate what Chilwell adds in an attacking sense compared to Fuchs.

Fuchs has done really well as cover, I’m not denying that, but chilwell adds so much more going forward, if not so much defensively.

As people have said, back to the 4231 / 4141 please

Schmeichel

Ricardo

Evans

Soyuncu

Chilwell

Ndidi

Tielemans

Albrighton

Maddison

Barnes

Vardy