Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Frost

Bournemouth (H) Pre Match

A win here = very good start to the season. But more than just results, would like to see improvements from certain individuals but also more fluid attacking play. Nothing wrong with most the build up just final third has gone backwards from end of last season  

Draw / defeat, real average / disappointing start... however not many teams (except title challengers) click in first few games but definitely want to see some improvement on performance 

• Like 1

If we play two DMs in Choudhury and Ndidi with Maddison wide and Perez so narrow Tielemans can't push forward I'll scream. I don't think we'll keep getting away with it despite the decent results so far this season.

This team played it's best football under Rodgers with Tielemans and Maddison inter-changing or linking up in the slightly advanced central midfield position. These guys can bring others into the game with one pass which was probably the key difference between Puel and Rodgers. A midfield pairing of Mendy and Ndidi wasn't ideal for unlocking defences but the current system won't last either. At least Bournemouth should come here to try and play a bit of decent football instead of sitting behind the ball.

We recorded eight home defeats (I think) last season so we definitely need to improve.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Frost said:

If we play two DMs in Choudhury and Ndidi with Maddison wide and Perez so narrow Tielemans can't push forward I'll scream. I don't think we'll keep getting away with it despite the decent results so far this season.

This team played it's best football under Rodgers with Tielemans and Maddison inter-changing or linking up in the slightly advanced central midfield position. These guys can bring others into the game with one pass which was probably the key difference between Puel and Rodgers. A midfield pairing of Mendy and Ndidi wasn't ideal for unlocking defences but the current system won't last either. At least Bournemouth should come here to try and play a bit of decent football instead of sitting behind the ball.

We recorded eight home defeats (I think) last season so we definitely need to improve.

I agree with this. we need a number 4 (Wilf or Hamza) a number 8 (Youri) and No. 10 (Madders). Playing Madders wide never seems to work. I don’t think we need to set up with two defensive CM v the non top 6 sides at home.

• Like 1

Bournemouth seem like a 'flash in a pan' team.

Hard-working players, who are quite talented and attacking-minded, and have shocked a few since their promotion; but at the same time are very inconsistent and their defence has always been suspectible.

Genuinely believe they will struggle this season, and no one should rule out the potential prospect of relegation for them.

So think that these are here for the taking.

-

It's teams like these in this early season period that will determine whether Rodgers has developed the players well during his rather short spell here; and whether there's good reasons to be very optimistic for the rest of the season.

• Like 1

Just now, Wymeswold fox said:

Bournemouth seem like a 'flash in a pan' team.

Hard-working players, who are quite talented and attacking-minded, and have shocked a few since their promotion; but at the same time are very inconsistent and their defence has always been suspectible.

Genuinely believe they will struggle this season, and no one should rule out the potential prospect of relegation for them.

So think that these are here for the taking.

-

It's teams like these in this early season period that will determine whether Rodgers has developed the players well during his rather short spell here; and whether there's good reasons to be very optimistic for the rest of the season.

Possibly - but they're a bit of a bogey team for us - I hate playing them.

And isn't your head hot in that hat...?!

We definitely need to play with wingers. to them and stretch them at the back. We also need to stop King and Frazer as both have done well against us before. Wilson is struggling for form since his injury so that's a plus because he always seemed to score against us.

We won't win every game but this is another of the games we need to be winning if we're going to be staying in the top ten.

I also sense a commitment from the squad that they believe they can achieve something this season. 

Performances so far haven't been great, but we're one of only four teams still undefeated. A draw would be somewhat disappointing but going into the first international break without losing a match is nothing to be sniffed at, and a win would be 8 points and a very solid start to the campaign, and hopefully the performances would follow.

13 hours ago, Detroit Blues said:

IMO, if Chilwell is healthy, he starts 100%.

I know Fuchs has played really well. He's solid defensively, and even better than Chilwell in our own third. But what we are missing is Chilwell's ability to make overlapping runs down the left flank, and provide width in attack. Think of how much Barnes will look when he can combine with Chilwell. Fuchs can whip in a cross, but he can't get up and downfield for the full 90 minutes. 

There's a reason Chilwell has a pricetag of well over 60M on him. 

Overlapping runs are nice and all but not when they end in brain farts. 

Fuchs has played very well recently. Chilwell, not so much.

• Like 1

We simply need to play better than we have so far. Very unconvincing so far. Tough games coming up so really need to win. Draw won't be enough if we really want to break top 6 which doesn't look too likely long term unless we step up a level.

2 hours ago, reynard said:

We simply need to play better than we have so far. Very unconvincing so far. Tough games coming up so really need to win. Draw won't be enough if we really want to break top 6 which doesn't look too likely long term unless we step up a level.

Any team with real aspirations for the top 7 can't afford the luxury of leaving points on the table in a match like this.  Unless you're one of the big four (I don't put Chelsea and Man U in that bracket at this point) games where you're genuinely favored to win are a precious commodity.  I don't think Bournemouth is a candidate for relegation but they're solidly middle-of-the-pack - we need to attack this as a match we should win, not play trying to protect a draw.

9 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Any team with real aspirations for the top 7 can't afford the luxury of leaving points on the table in a match like this.  Unless you're one of the big four (I don't put Chelsea and Man U in that bracket at this point) games where you're genuinely favored to win are a precious commodity.  I don't think Bournemouth is a candidate for relegation but they're solidly middle-of-the-pack - we need to attack this as a match we should win, not play trying to protect a draw.

You mean like spurs last week at home v Newcastle or was that ‘ embarrassing ‘ ? No team has any Devine right to beat any other team in this league and won’t unless they show commitment and a versatile technical aptitude depending on the opponent.

• Like 1

Divine right has nothing to do with it. It’s simple practicality. If you want to qualify for Europe you have to win the matches you’re supposed to win, and not perpetually make excuses for why you can’t.

• Like 1

I think we need a good win here and then the boys will crack on.

Chilwell has to play if fit, Fuchs has played really well but we miss chilwell’s pace particularly when we play narrowly and Maddison drifts inward. Isn’t Ndidi fit? Was on bench other night.

We absolutely destroyed them at home last season.

Thought it was one of our best performances under BR and obviously very special for the ten minutes straight vichai singing! 

Should have won won that game about 4-0 but I’d take another 2-0 for sure.