Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
smileysharad

Brexit!

9 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

Shock horror, EU tries to look after their own interests.

It's amazing how many people wanted Brexit so that we can do what's best for us, and then get flabbergasted when others try and do the same thing.

No you are missing the point - EU Bureaucrats look after their own interests, not the interests of their member countries or their economies.  They are protecting the Federal Europe project, nothing more worthy than that.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, MattP said:

Corbyn's mouthpiece Bastani now think clubs are paying 190 billion for footballers lol

No wonder they think they can actually do all this.

IMG_20191014_142314.jpg

196 billion for Neymar would actually rival most of the US DoD budget in terms of "biggest waste of huge amounts of money".

But seriously folks - proofread your damn Tweets before you publish them.

SNP on for 50+ seats again in Scotland.

On this Tories hold 4-5 and Labour/Lib Dems 2-3 each - could also see Swinson lose her seat lol

Edited by MattP

Irrespective of preference again - the remainers are suddenly appearing desperate as the possibility of a deal and progress through HOC looms .......

still struggling to see how they get the final fudge across the line - it’s almost as if they are all trying to outdo each other with positivity in Brussels so that none can be accused of having been ‘Debbie downer’ ahead of it all falling apart .  Who will be left holding the parcel when the music stops - will the parcel be empty or gift wrapped with pretty ribbons ??

3 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

This sh1t society is going to get absolutely what it deserves. What an absolute disaster. Nose gone. Face spited. Hope everyone is still waving their flag and singing rule Britannia as they lose their jobs and homes. 

:fc:

27 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

still struggling to see how they get the final fudge across the line - it’s almost as if they are all trying to outdo each other with positivity in Brussels so that none can be accused of having been ‘Debbie downer’ ahead of it all falling apart .

Yup, that's the impression that I get from the current negotiations. I think any workable deal is highly unlikely.

33 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

still struggling to see how they get the final fudge across the line - it’s almost as if they are all trying to outdo each other with positivity in Brussels so that none can be accused of having been ‘Debbie downer’ ahead of it all falling apart .  Who will be left holding the parcel when the music stops - will the parcel be empty or gift wrapped with pretty ribbons ??

4 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

Yup, that's the impression that I get from the current negotiations. I think any workable deal is highly unlikely.

It all relies on the DUP - If he gets them he's got enough, if he doesn't its very tight and he even if the ERG fall into place he'll need a few more from Labour. 

For:

Tory 277

Ind 22

Labour 20

DUP 10

Against

Labour 224

Conservative 10

SNP 35

Lib Dems 18

Ind 13

Others 10 

329-310

8 minutes ago, MattP said:

It all relies on the DUP - If he gets them he's got enough, if he doesn't its very tight and he even if the ERG fall into place he'll need a few more from Labour. 

I suppose the obvious question is that if, like most people suspect, it's going to be a re-branded version of May's deal (with a NI-only backstop called by a slightly different name), will the DUP go for it? Will they stick to their guns or are they looking for an easy out? During the conferences it seemed like Johnson had them on side, but there seems to have been a few rumblings of discontent coming from the DUP end in recent days.

Will be interesting to see, either way. The one thing you can say about politics at the moment is that at least it isn't dull!

Edited by Charl91

9 minutes ago, MattP said:

I was referring more to Brussels where it all falls apart  - I am quite sure that if a deal comes back to parliament then it gets voted through. The  brexiteers run the ultimate risk if they turn it down again, that a general election returns a hung parliament where a second ref is the short term outcome and brexit is lost to them ....

5 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

I suppose the obvious question is that if, like most people suspect, it's going to be a re-branded version of May's deal (with a NI-only backstop called by a slightly different name), will the DUP go for it? Will they stick to their guns or are they looking for an easy out? During the conferences it seemed like Johnson had them on side, but there seems to have been a few rumblings of discontent coming from the DUP end in recent days.

Will be interesting to see, either way. The one thing you can say about politics at the moment is that at least it isn't dull!

If it's exactly the same backstop then surely it can't be supported by them, they might go for a time limit but in practice I'm not sure it's even feasible.

The only thing to consider now is we have at least the possibility of a second referendum/GE if this deal fails that could see Brexit stopped altogether (and the only two people that should benefit from that are Jeremy Corbyn and Nigel Farage) - that just might be enough to get the numbers from all Brexiteers in the commons and the DUP who must shudder at the thought of a Republican and  IRA sympathiser running the country.

One thing we can be sure of as well is Boris will be able to sell his deal better than May. I think it's going to be very close though. 

11 minutes ago, MattP said:

If it's exactly the same backstop then surely it can't be supported by them, they might go for a time limit but in practice I'm not sure it's even feasible.

The only thing to consider now is we have at least the possibility of a second referendum/GE if this deal fails that could see Brexit stopped altogether (and the only two people that should benefit from that are Jeremy Corbyn and Nigel Farage) - that just might be enough to get the numbers from all Brexiteers in the commons and the DUP who must shudder at the thought of a Republican and  IRA sympathiser running the country.

One thing we can be sure of as well is Boris will be able to sell his deal better than May. I think it's going to be very close though. 

I think many labour MPs also shudder at the same thought.

9 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Oh yes, what an absolutely sensible post Stan. We must now hold another referendum, you've convinced me.

Bet you're a right laugh at parties!

Lighten up, mate!

Having said that, if that's all it took, I'd have posted something like that earlier :ph34r:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Irrespective of preference again - the remainers are suddenly appearing desperate as the possibility of a deal and progress through HOC looms .......

It’ll contain a turd and will be wrapped in a soiled union flag held together with sticky plasters.

Looks like such a complicated plan that even the TV folk can’t seem to understand or explain it. I feel really sorry for the people in the island of Ireland. Likely to be tied up in bureaucracy and red tape for something that they never wanted. Big business will no doubt cope, they lap this sort of thing up. But small and micro businesses will be weighed down by it and it will deter small startups, leaving the field to the big boys. Bye, bye frictionless trade.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MattP said:

This is just disgraceful, blatant lies and has the potential to stir up hate and violence.

Assume that's in response to this?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/oct/14/uk-court-rules-against-derry-woman-in-irish-identity-case

Worrying decision, but as you say a context-free and highly irresponsible post which could incite all the wrong people in all the worst ways...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Assume that's in response to this?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/oct/14/uk-court-rules-against-derry-woman-in-irish-identity-case

Worrying decision, but as you say a context-free and highly irresponsible post which could incite all the wrong people in all the worst ways...

DeSouza had argued that she should not have to renounce her British citizenship, contending she never considered herself British and was entitled to identify as Irish under the GFA.

Wtf? I don't consider myself british but I wont give up my british citizenship? lol

1 minute ago, Innovindil said:

DeSouza had argued that she should not have to renounce her British citizenship, contending she never considered herself British and was entitled to identify as Irish under the GFA.

Wtf? I don't consider myself british but I wont give up my british citizenship? lol

I think you should renounce your status as a Forest fan before you're allowed on this forum....... :whistle:

• Haha 1