Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
danny.

Tottenham Hotspur (H) match thread

7 minutes ago, LCFCSOULBOY said:

Kasper having a wonderful few words with the biased ref. Good on Kasper

The whole team should have been round him asking wtf he is doing. 

These refs are getting worse and worse it seems they just use VAR to hide behind, like they needed any other excuse to be little pussies bending over for the big six teams in the league. 

2 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

I’m in the ground.

Just to say that the boos were definitely for the ref. Not for the VAR and Kane’s goal, but the rising frustration that they get a free kick every time they fall over.

Don't know whether it looks the same on the telly! 

It's like the Olympics with all the diving mate

• Like 1

Just now, LCFCSOULBOY said:

The commentators are all creaming over Kane's goal. If you look at it carefully it hits his foot as he is landing. Got sodding lucky. Agree you make your own luck but...come on

Don’t think that suits the narrative quite as well as KANE, STRIKER OF THE GENERATION, SCORES A WORLD CLASS LOB WHILST BEING WRESTLED TO THE GROUND PAST THE HAPLESS GOALKEEPER! 

Just now, Col city fan said:

We aren’t going to be good defensively, we aren’t set up defensively.

Ndidi is having to do the work of two players.

uh?

If what you're saying is accurate then we are very very very poor on attack.

N'Didi isn't doing the work of two players. He's doing okay for one, though I think Hamza is much better suited to this type of game.

3 minutes ago, FIF said:

Think he's been one of our better players. 

We started well but the goal took the wind out of our sales. 

Harvey started well then disappeared, hopefully he'll be back out attacking the box in the second half.

Defensively we aren't as good as we have been but at least we've been up in their third a lot.

Maddison has been our top player but we need goals and that's still our problem. Where are the goals coming from?

Monaco.

Boos were aimed at the ref. There were moments in the first half where we served notice of what we can become. Quick, one touch passing to cut them open but we just lacked that incisive finish. Patience is required. This is a young team, they'll make mistakes but they'll learn. We could use more firepower upfront, however. Come on lads, lets do a tiring Spurs second half! 

3 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Did anyone catch what Kaspar was saying to the ref as they came off? He was fuming!

"Then why do you keep giving them then?!" was all I heard from him :P

He was saying what the are doing? That wasn't even a foul, you need to use your eyes that wasnt a ****ing foul. 

4 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

The kane goal was good, and honestly looking at it, I can’t see a fault in defence, just good movement... soyuncu was strong and knocked Kane off balance fairly but great finish from that 

I don't know about "fairly" - that was a clear foul and if Kane hadn't delivered that miracle finish there'd have been a penalty shout.  The only question is whether it was inside the box.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Missed the first half and had to put up with Sam "Alan Partridge" Matterface and Stuart "Potter - Chino" Pearce on Talksport comms.

Get in and we've got biased Glenn Hoddle on BT lol

Edited by Tuna

I’m not sure I agree with those thinking that we could easily be winning this game. What decent chances have we created? We had a mad 5 minute spell when Maddison had the ball glued to his feet and predictably the VAR disallowed goal punctured our momentum.

Spurs have had at least 3 decent shooting opportunities from inside the box apart from the one they scored. Kane’s scuffed left foot shot in particular was a great chance.