Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
danny.

Tottenham Hotspur (H) match thread

1 minute ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Observations at ht.

Weve done well against a good spurs side, they look a slicker version of us which you would expect.

Attacking wise we have good possession yet look at lot less of a threat around box.

This formation looks our most comfortable to date. 

We still lack a threatening attacking player amongst all the positives.

Kane just grabs goals from nothing. He does it a lot for Tottenham. He wins them games from half chances. That's the difference between us and them. I don't think they're that much better than us elsewhere.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

WHat has happened to Youri, not sharp, passes are not incisive, clumsy. 

He's been ok. I think the bigger problem is that he's not great defensively - he's quite slow and not a great tackler - so he needs to really offer a great return in other areas, which he isn't quite at the moment.

On the whole, I think we've played quite well though. 50/50 game, undone by a moment of quality. Spurs maybe edged it, but really could've gone iether way.

Edited by Charl91
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, eddylcfc said:

Perez with the worst half of football I’ve seen since Bakayoko vs Derby in the cup

Think he's been one of our better players. 

We started well but the goal took the wind out of our sales. 

Harvey started well then disappeared, hopefully he'll be back out attacking the box in the second half.

Defensively we aren't as good as we have been but at least we've been up in their third a lot.

Maddison has been our top player but we need goals and that's still our problem. Where are the goals coming from?

2 minutes ago, Sly said:

Kane just grabs goals from nothing. He does it a lot for Tottenham. He wins them games from half chances. That's the difference between us and them. I don't think they're that much better than us elsewhere.

He's too good for Spurs - he deserves to be somewhere where he can actually win something :P

That Kane goal is gutting, but it was an incredible finish.

Otherwise I think we've played pretty well, and really exciting at times. Barnes looks on the cusp of something brilliant, he and Chilwell are finally linking up and we're creating chances - just not clear cut enough.

Perez losing the ball as often as he does is a shame, but he's putting a hell of a shift in.

Just now, FIF said:

Think he's been one of our better players. 

We started well but the goal took the wind out of our sales. 

Harvey started well then disappeared, hopefully he'll be back out attacking the box in the second half.

Defensively we aren't as good as we have been but at least we've been up in their third a lot.

Maddison has been our top player but we need goals and that's still our problem. Where are the goals coming from?

We aren’t going to be good defensively, we aren’t set up defensively.

Ndidi is having to do the work of two players.

1 minute ago, Jobyfox said:

I’m in the ground.

Just to say that the boos were definitely for the ref. Not for the VAR and Kane’s goal, but the rising frustration that they get a free kick every time they fall over.

Don't know whether it looks the same on the telly! 

Depends who you ask, some morons on this forum think the refs having a great day.