Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

Even in a good game he gives away the ball in ridiculous areas, its not good enough! You cant have a player on your team who cant pass a ball full stop. No good winning the ball back if youre going to give it straight back to the opposition to score!

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I actually thought he had a decent game and was back to doing what he does best when it comes to winning the ball back and getting lots of tackles in. 

Was gutted for him and the side when he made that error. He must be distraught right now as we looked alright for a point considering we were down to 10. 

I'd still play him vs Bournemouth. 

I agree, he was a lot better last night. He was back to doing what he is good at…. He just made one absolutely fatal error, and it killed us. He definitely looked like he had a weight lifted off his shoulders. 

Im worried about Maddison, it’s clear Brendan meant a lot to him, and I’m just worried his head won’t be in it now he’s gone. 

We're in a fight.... wilf had a good game last night.  We need him. 

Last night... We failed to score when on top.  Still not enough balls thru to vardy... without these he may as well not play.  Kdh was rash in a nothing position.   Saturday is massive now.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Wolfox said:

He played well today other than a split second brain fart

Not much would give me greater pleasure than to see him bounce back 

Keep him focused on his strengths and he has every chance of recovering form 

It doesn’t work. In this day and age with opponents pressing us in our half, we cannot (in fact no team can) have a football who cannot have basic ball control and passing skills. Worst is that he strolls around the park next to opposition players - just compare his movements with Mendy who on the other hand keeps running into pockets of space to allow an easy pass. His teammates cannot carry him as if he doesn’t exist or otherwise a liability when in possession, simply so that he can focus on his strength, which I don’t know what is anymore. His tackling abilities are not better than others and he has a tendency of fouling.

He cannot recover something he fundamentally does not have, ie. basic football skills. Any game we play with him in the team, I expect he would contribute towards a goal that we concede (so that negates any, if any, defensive benefit he may bring) and I expect our midfield to struggle to get the ball up. Yesterday, most of our threats came from balls we played over the top.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 3

Whatever he was, he isn’t anymore. Abysmal footballer at this level, nowhere near good enough and shouldn’t start for us again ideally. Aside from a lack of ability his attitude has been off for months too. Get rid.

• Like 1

If he hadn't made the mistake then folk would be talking up Ndidi's performance. Back to his old enforcer self. Villa mate messaged me after game making reference to him looking good despite his mistake costing us.

Would much rather have him in the trenches playing like that than not. 

• Like 4

Apart from that fatal error, Ndidi had a really good game last night, definitely was fired up and tenacious in the tackle, got the crowd going a few times. You could tell he was absolutely gutted when they scored. Too much hate on this guy. 

• Like 2

Last nights mistake was so basic in such high stakes it’s verging on unforgivable imo. I’m probably exaggerating, but that’s how it felt last night.

When and how did these once high level PL footballers become donkeys? I’d like to see mainstream media run with this narrative, because in the end I think it will be the costliest factor in our relegation.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

I actually thought he had a decent game and was back to doing what he does best when it comes to winning the ball back and getting lots of tackles in. 

Was gutted for him and the side when he made that error. He must be distraught right now as we looked alright for a point considering we were down to 10. 

I'd still play him vs Bournemouth. 

Agreed. The mistake also was started by Mendy. 

2 hours ago, Blanchflower78 said:

If he hadn't made the mistake then folk would be talking up Ndidi's performance. Back to his old enforcer self. Villa mate messaged me after game making reference to him looking good despite his mistake costing us.

Would much rather have him in the trenches playing like that than not. 

If my mum had a pair of bollucks she’d be my dad.. Thats the problem though, he consistently makes ridiculous passes like that or miss controls it putting us in danger! Undoes all his good work in one go, hes not good enough. The amount of games weve lost because of ‘brain fart’ and lack of composure moments in the last few years is a joke. Ndidi is the epitomy of both of them along with Soyuncu and Amartey, eradicate the players that do it and eradicate the problem. All the hype about him years ago yet we will be the peak of his career because a top club will never have a DM whos shite on the ball

• Like 1

1 minute ago, South Shire Fox said:

If my mum had a pair of bollucks she’d be my dad.. Thats the problem though, he consistently makes ridiculous passes or like that or miss controls it putting us in danger! Undoes all his good work in one go, hes not good enough

Agreed not for the first time he’s given the ball away and cost us a goal at the death. 
Basic stuff. 

• Like 2

Probably the saddest consequence of last night was wilf’s error on several levels 

he had a decent game and his confidence would have been boosted if we’d held on for a point 

now he’s going to be a liability because he won’t trust himself to make a simple pass and will hide when we need our CDM to show for the ball 

19 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

If my mum had a pair of bollucks she’d be my dad.. Thats the problem though, he consistently makes ridiculous passes like that or miss controls it putting us in danger! Undoes all his good work in one go, hes not good enough. The amount of games weve lost because of ‘brain fart’ and lack of composure moments in the last few years is a joke. Ndidi is the epitomy of both of them along with Soyuncu and Amartey, eradicate the players that do it and eradicate the problem. All the hype about him years ago yet we will be the peak of his career because a top club will never have a DM whos shite on the ball

...you would not have been conceived!!!

Wilf had a good game, a poorly executed pass has undone a lot of his hard work and as I said before he and the coaches at this club should have taken a hand in correcting his problem in regards to passing.

Playing him protecting the backline also in a way protects Wilf because distribution (short passes) are not his strengths but long passes he is very accurate.

If he is staying at home protecting the backline or dropping into the backline when a CB goes forward, it allows the midfield to go forward knowing there is cover at the back. It worked very well with Tielemans in a two man midfield. Rodgers exposed him to too much in our play and we then saw a play struggling with confidence and making constant errors on the pitch.

Play to his strengths,  he reads the game well, he senses danger and positions himself where he needs to be to counteract the opposition, getting on his back and proclaiming him to be a failure, and should be nowhere near the team is just a rant that should not be aired.

You have also noted the same vitriol being directed at Vardy, you would not believe in so short a space of time, we would be denigrating the man.

Just watch him press, no one goes with him, no high balls being won up the pitch, because we are not applying pressure on the opposition, we are not using him right.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Arkie Bennett said:

Until that disastrous pass I thought he had his best game for a long time. He seemed to have more freedom to do what he does best and go and win the ball, and he seemed keen to sprint back into his position afterwards. His limitations are the problem. A CDM has to be assured on the ball, able to quickly make himself time to control it and pick out the right pass. Wilf doesn't have those qualities, so he needs a team mate nearby, such as Tielemans or Mendy.

He doesnt have any of those qualities so he shouldnt be playing, quite simple really. Its the basics of being a top flight footballer being able to control and pass a football. All an opposition team has to do is get him isolated so he has to recieve ball then surround him as soon as he gets it. He’s like a rabbit in the headlights under the slightest bit of pressure when hes on the ball, like taking candy off a baby. I know alot of people on here like to hang out his arse but the sooner the likes of him are gone the sooner the basic mistakes that kill us week after week will be eradicated

12 hours ago, Arkie Bennett said:

Until that disastrous pass I thought he had his best game for a long time. He seemed to have more freedom to do what he does best and go and win the ball, and he seemed keen to sprint back into his position afterwards. His limitations are the problem. A CDM has to be assured on the ball, able to quickly make himself time to control it and pick out the right pass. Wilf doesn't have those qualities, so he needs a team mate nearby, such as Tielemans or Mendy.

He felt the shackles off because of Rodgers leaving, but he's always had some errors in him. Doesn't help when we're down to 10 men and when he's low on confidence. Is what it is. 

Hmm. There were glimpses on Tuesday evening of his better days, nicking in to toe the ball away from the opposition.

But there were other instances of clumsily chasing the ball with the opponent already going and past him.  And then the error at the end. 

I'd love to see him return to his pomp, my god we need it. But there are still plenty of question marks.

Maybe a run with Rodgers gone will help clear his head and boost his confidence. He probably needs it. But the jury is still out for me.

Edited by Plastik Man
Clumsily