Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

N'didi is not only struggling to shield the defence, he is actually costing us goals with his mistakes and careless play. 

Was one of my favourite players back in the day, but that seems a long time ago now. Nothing like the player from those times when we were all worried a Liverpool or Man U would take him off us. 

He has been an incredible player for us, but I don't think I want to see him in the team for these last 7 games. I think Mendy is a much better option. 

• Like 3

He’s apparently going through a personal issue at the moment that is pretty traumatic and it’s clearly been affecting his game for months. Rob Tanner mentioned it - I don’t think he’s mentally in the right place to be playing and needs to be dropped 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I thought it was a poor spell. Like, he was just being crap for a while.

It’s so much more serious than that. The guy’s regression is absolutely remarkable. Unheard of, really. He was genuinely considered a world class DCM once upon a time.

I love the dude and I desperately want to see him come back, but it’s really starting to feel like he’s finished at this level.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 99 Problems said:

He’s apparently going through a personal issue at the moment that is pretty traumatic and it’s clearly been affecting his game for months. Rob Tanner mentioned it - I don’t think he’s mentally in the right place to be playing and needs to be dropped 

Bless him. Hope he is ok. Keep him out of the firing line then and start Mendy 💙

1 hour ago, 99 Problems said:

Dean Smith and the club aren't aware of this traumatic issue and Tanner is? 

Honestly I don't think we should be speculating with his personal life. If he's going through something the club should support him but if his head isn't in the right place they can't be starting him. Today (and for multiple games now) he's been a liability. Literally costing us goals and points. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

First goal he could have made himself bigger. Second goal he should kno by now you can’t have you hands up like that. Third goal he should have been stronger in the 50/50 and maybe even fouled him once he got away. The third goal was more to do with KDH’s shocking pass to him tho.

• Like 1

The Sunday Times report by Northcroft eviscerates Ndidi.  Examines his weak moments in detail and describes his form as having dropped off a cliff.

Unless they get sent off early on for losing their rag or something, you don't often see a player get 3/10.

Untitled49_20230416081733.thumb.png.fd2f4bbefc4b00df3bb12bf38e7c12d2.png

It's bang on, though.   

On this form I think Wilf needs a bit of time out and I hope that, somehow, he might be able to find his "destroyer" form again.

• Like 2

Said in the match thread, Wilf is not an out ball and this is serious problem, it just has to be Mendy. The days of us needing a pure destroyer are gone.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bordersfox said:

Dean Smith and the club aren't aware of this traumatic issue and Tanner is? 

Weird comment. Of course they’re aware, as was Rodgers. Ndidi clearly feels he can play, perhaps they want to give him that opportunity, but his head hasn’t been in the right place for a while 

Hate to say it, but he needs a spell out of the team for a while, his head clearly isn't right. There's a good player in there, we've all seen it, but nothing is coming off for him at the minute and he is just making error after error.

Hope he can get his head right and find a way back, but we're at a point in the season where we can't afford to carry a player who is going to make crucial errors. 

• Like 1

I'm guessing he's carried on playing because he just wants to do well and perhaps carries some of the burden for our dramatic drop (like a lot of players).

But there comes a time where he may just need a bit of a break from the game (even if it's a week or two) especially if he's had such a tragic circumstance such as losing a baby.

Ultimately, we have no idea what mental state he's in or what he's doing to cope; it's very much a personal matter and should remain at that.

18 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

Exactly my thoughts.

Soyuncu’s was against a very loose and aggressive Romero who could have easily seen red on another day as had very little control during that tackle.

Wilf just ambled and bottled against KDB.

...watched the incident over and over at full speed and hard to believe Ndidi lost out in that contest!!!

Slowed down and paused and Wilf was always going to be second best in that situation. Once KDB had gone pass him a professional foul would have been Ndidi's only recourse. 

Screenshot_20230416_125703_YouTube.thumb.jpg.75440b1c04d7d830b10f6d060ca16d80.jpg