Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

It's baffling how Ndidi has gone from being considered one of the best defensive midfielders in the Premier League to a complete donkey. 

Not sure how much Rodgers' "elite coaching" has to do with it, but, for me, Wilf's rapidly descending abilities are a microcosm of the club. Once revered and predicted to achieve great things, it's all gone rather pear-shaped for reasons no one can really identify. 

• Like 1

Is it too simple to just suggest that a physical DM who isn’t naturally talented (has there been a worse passer in our PL history) is now rubbish due his body being broken?

His lack of fight for that 50/50 against KDB for a DM was embarrassing.

• Like 2

I’ve not seen a player decline so quick… Soyuncu maybe for us, but we were terrible when he missed games through injury or suspension. Being linked to Utd Liverpool etc for big bucks… now, I don’t think I’d trust him playing centre mid in the championship. 

9 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Is it too simple to just suggest that a physical DM who isn’t naturally talented (has there been a worse passer in our PL history) is now rubbish due his body being broken?

His lack of fight for that 50/50 against KDB for a DM was embarrassing.

There has never been a worse passer of the ball in premier league history

his whole game was about his aggressiveness and how quick his acceleration into a tackle was.   But he’s lost his speed and without that he offers nothing to this team. 

We genuinely would be better off with hamza. 

Let’s hope smith sees this as clearly as we do and gets mendy in for the rest of the season 

• Like 3

I've always thought Ndidi only works as a 1 in a 4141 or 4132. He's not great positionally or on the ball, in this role he has license to hunt the ball doesn't have to be positionally minded and worry about occupying the same space as a midfield partner. Just win the ball and play a short forward pass to the more creative players in front of him.

Whether that would work now or he's just finished as a Leicester player, I don't know, but he was magnificent for a good while. 

Very poor performance to go with a really poor season, but I still haven't loss hope in him. I want to see him play under another coach and see how he develops and plays. Rodgers has history of destroying player confidence with his shit management. 

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

He’s been quite frankly pathetic for about 18 months now, baffles me how he’s still starting games. 

It’s what makes me think that Rodgers must have sacked all the analysts as how his lack of performance doesn’t get picked up is madness.

Surely every metric from obvious (tackles, interceptions etc) must be down before you even look at his KM covered, top speed etc.

His body stopped working like it did previously, all that time ago IMO.

• Like 2