Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

On 31/10/2019 at 17:41, fuchsntf said:

Since Ndidi has put on a Leicester shirt ,he has delivered. Yes he has had the odd game,even periods where it hasnt ran as smoothly, as one would want.

Its been a pleasure,watching this guy,go about his business week in week out....

Since Promotion we have seen some players come & go,some drift away without Really Making a mark, others moving after they had success with us...

Ndidi us One of those potential talent players,that has grown und developed his Play with us....A mark, One can use as one of more often examples of

Why Leicester are continual growing into a new era,which bids well for our clubs potential  Top 6 future,for the Real First Time in our history..!!!

Because our management/owners themselves had a Dream they have been clever in Not going OTT,with drastic spending,especially After being Burnt by

Poor investment....Ndidi gives us the young, at the time still to be developed,with Bags of potential investment Success..

We are Balancing our acts out,with New found youth,Barnes,Choudhury,Lesbhela & bought-in developing youth, Soyuncu,Benkovic,Gray,Maddison,Tielemans, with various stages of using experienced players from within Vardy Shark,Schmeichel, with ones smartley gathered & found Periera,Evans ,Praet,Perez.

Some others not mentioned  at various stages of their Leicester careers,who have had and still might have future success with us...!!

If at this time Next season,we have still have all  the players like Ndidi,Barnes,Maddison,Tielemans,Choudhury,Soyuncu,Perez,Periera,etc...

It will be Ndidi's further progress & Loyalty that will be the head of our Bbone of players.....Future captain???

Between 1960 and 1965 the Foxes were a genuine top six team, but the owners were short sighted and sold the best players.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dorkingfox said:

Between 1960 and 1965 the Foxes were a genuine top six team, but the owners were short sighted and sold the best players.

Yes..it Bloody Hurt when we allowed Mcklintock to go..but different times,as a kid the Management decisions were over my head,

we kids  at least concentrated on players,the birth of G.Cross(the tank) Stringfellows ,Sjoberg  Banks careers,  Goodfellow ,Sinclair ,the Great dynamo..David Gibson,

Riley,Chalmers,King,keyworth,Norman,Cheesebrough..We Dreamed and hoped Mclintock would be that Link & catalyst...to Take us that Step further...

The Early 60s through my kids eyes,I thought we were were has Good  as anybody....Led by Colin Appleton an idolised but underrated  captain..

13 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Yes..it Bloody Hurt when we allowed Mcklintock to go..but different times,as a kid the Management decisions were over my head,

we kids  at least concentrated on players,the birth of G.Cross(the tank) Stringfellows ,Sjoberg  Banks careers,  Goodfellow ,Sinclair ,the Great dynamo..David Gibson,

Riley,Chalmers,King,keyworth,Norman,Cheesebrough..We Dreamed and hoped Mclintock would be that Link & catalyst...to Take us that Step further...

The Early 60s through my kids eyes,I thought we were were has Good  as anybody....Led by Colin Appleton an idolised but underrated  captain..

Great names there from my childhood also.

PS.  Don't forget Tony Knapp!

13 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

The only reason we did not win silverware was because there were no subs and we had to play somes games with injured players. The management had no vision and we had a good manager in Matt Gillies, to forward thinking for the Shipmans and probably a threat to them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Just seen Wilf interviewed on SKY what a quiet, unassuming man, another great team player and still only 22!

Just seen a part of that - the bit where they asked him if Vardy would make a manager - he nearly p*ssed his pants lol

Top man

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Just seen Wilf interviewed on SKY what a quiet, unassuming man, another great team player and still only 22!

Available on Catch Up?

I can't see anybody paying the sort of fee we'd let him go for. Not because he isn't worth it but defensive players are usually undervalued, potentially, he could make 500+ appearances for us which in this age would be incredible. According to wiki he's already made 113 apps for us at 22.

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Partey is about as good as Ndidi, so that really makes a transfer for Ndidi stupid when he's available

I don't think he has the positional sense of Ndidi, which enables him to tackle and intercept better than any other player in the world bar Kante. Partey as an all round player though is as good as Ndidi, depends what a team needs. I think Ndidi would be indispensable if the team set up was like ours with two creative central midfielders ahead of him. I could see him being unstoppable at Man City.

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't think he has the positional sense of Ndidi, which enables him to tackle and intercept better than any other player in the world bar Kante. Partey as an all round player though is as good as Ndidi, depends what a team needs. I think Ndidi would be indispensable if the team set up was like ours with two creative central midfielders ahead of him. I could see him being unstoppable at Man City.

Pep is sulky though he only plays exceedingly technical players in that role. To be honest there's few clubs in the configuration we have (two essentially attacking midfielders playing in central midfield) because few have one defensive midfielder good enough to do what Ndidi does in the first place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Pep is sulky though he only plays exceedingly technical players in that role. To be honest there's few clubs in the configuration we have (two essentially attacking midfielders playing in central midfield) because few have one defensive midfielder good enough to do what Ndidi does in the first place.

Yeah Man City are probably the only elite club I can think of that do it (probably are others in Europe) I just think Ndidi gives teams the ability to play an extra creative force which at the top end of the game is surely what would set them apart when striving to be the best. I think we will qualify for the CL this season and win it next year.

• Haha 1

On 06/11/2019 at 12:51, Dorkingfox said:

A bit before my time but we finished 12th, 6th, 14th, 4th, 11th and 18th during that period.  It doesn't sound like we were a genuine top six team.  We finished in the bottom half two thirds of the time and with an average position of 10.8th.  Not as good as O'Neill's team.

In the late 20s we finished 7th, 2nd, 3rd and 8th and that's about it really.

Edited by murphy

22 hours ago, murphy said:

A bit before my time but we finished 12th, 6th, 14th, 4th, 11th and 18th during that period.  It doesn't sound like we were a genuine top six team.  We finished in the bottom half two thirds of the time and with an average position of 10.8th.  Not as good as O'Neill's team.

In the late 20s we finished 7th, 2nd, 3rd and 8th and that's about it really.

The stats do not show the quality of the team, they had a lot of bad luck with injuries in crucial games when you did not have subs and were the blueprint for the way Bill Shankley got his Liverpool team to play. When they were 18th the management sold some of the best players. We got to two FA Cup finals and won a League cup and lost one and played in Europe. Derek Dougan’s (a great player) sudden departure for Wolves was a shock, but Gordon Banks’ move to Stoke City a month later was less of a surprise as Peter Shilton was his replacement. Leicester finished 4th  62/63, 11th 63/64 7th 65/66 and in eighth-place in 1966/67. The owners never managed the club properly, they should have done better. The 60's team were a much better quality team tham MO's team, but the current team is probably the best balanced Foxes team I have ever watched.

Edited by Dorkingfox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Dorkingfox said:

The stats do not show the quality of the team, they had a lot of bad luck with injuries in crucial games when you did not have subs and were the blueprint for the way Bill Shankley got his Liverpool team to play. When they were 18th the management sold some of the best players. We got to two FA Cup finals and won a League cup and lost one and played in Europe. Derek Dougan’s (a great player) sudden departure for Wolves was a shock, but Gordon Banks’ move to Stoke City a month later was less of a surprise as Peter Shilton was his replacement. Leicester finished 4th  62/63, 11th 63/64 7th 65/66 and in eighth-place in 1966/67. The owners never managed the club properly, they should have done better. The 60's team way a much better quality team tham MO's team, but the current team is probably the best balanced Foxes team I have ever watched.

Agree with this. I began my Leicester-supporting saga in the early 60s and was pretty sure I'd never see a better side in the Royal Blue. 

Of course, the 15/16 heroes changed everything, but still - in purely footballing terms - I felt Gillies' side had the edge. Ranieri's men had incredible spirit and self-belief, but the 60s lads brought a style and occasional beauty to Filbert Street that -as I say - I thought would never be matched.

Until now. The spirit of the title-winners and the style of the early 60s side seem to have come together in our present team. To have achieved that so soon after our unlikely title triumph (when it would have been so easy to slowly decline) reflects great credit on everybody associated with the club.

There's never been a better time to be a Leicester fan. But being a perverse old bleeder I find that strangely worrying.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Vardy's next celebration should be going up to the managers dugout area and pretending to direct play/tactics or having a casual chat with Kolo or one of the backroom staff lol

Damn right! There has to be some miles in this in terms of a celebration if Vardy scores against Arsenal lollollol

Has me in stiches everytime I watch this

3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Damn right! There has to be some miles in this in terms of a celebration if Vardy scores against Arsenal lollollol

Has me in stiches everytime I watch this

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

Vardy's next celebration should be going up to the managers dugout area and pretending to direct play/tactics or having a casual chat with Kolo or one of the backroom staff lol

Id love to see a faux group selfie celebration against Arsenal.