Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

5 hours ago, Stoopid said:

Agree with this. I began my Leicester-supporting saga in the early 60s and was pretty sure I'd never see a better side in the Royal Blue. 

Of course, the 15/16 heroes changed everything, but still - in purely footballing terms - I felt Gillies' side had the edge. Ranieri's men had incredible spirit and self-belief, but the 60s lads brought a style and occasional beauty to Filbert Street that -as I say - I thought would never be matched.

Until now. The spirit of the title-winners and the style of the early 60s side seem to have come together in our present team. To have achieved that so soon after our unlikely title triumph (when it would have been so easy to slowly decline) reflects great credit on everybody associated with the club.

There's never been a better time to be a Leicester fan. But being a perverse old bleeder I find that strangely worrying.

Excellent..that projects my own thoughts ,emotions und perversity...:D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

This player is fvcking special. 

Another stellar performance today. His work for the 2nd goal was brilliant. 

I think he is the best CDM in the league at the minute. Doesnt seem to ever give up or run out of energy. 

• Like 2

Interesting that, in his post-match interview, Madders mentioned Wilf as the player that allows he and others to play the way they do. "Does the work of two players" was what he said about him.

He's different gravy. Rarely gets MOTM but is 8/10 pretty much every week. Love the guy.

Edited by Paddy.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, bfox said:

Would love big wilf to retire here! Doesnt strike me as the magpie mahrez type 

Enrolled at the local Uni on a business course I believe, so hopefully staying put for a few years.

• Like 2

Ndidi is doing what he always did for us in terms of his defensive work (i.e. tackles, interceptions etc.) - he's always been a complete monster in that field.

His contribution to our wider attacking play is really positive this year and his pass accuracy has greatly improved. He's benefiting from playing with Maddison and Tielemans as No.8's as he can play the simple passes into them and keep the play moving. He looks much more efficient on the ball as a result.

• Like 1

On 07/11/2019 at 07:42, Dorkingfox said:

The only reason we did not win silverware was because there were no subs and we had to play somes games with injured players. The management had no vision and we had a good manager in Matt Gillies, to forward thinking for the Shipmans and probably a threat to them.

Yep! We played the 1961 cup final with 10 men after Len Chalmers injury. My Dad was at Wembley that day and said that until then we looked the better side