Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

30 minutes ago, hackneyfoxx said:

Really shd have scored that sitter vs The Arse - think thats why Madders gave him a shout out on TV after the game cos he would been beating himself up about it,

It wasn’t a sitter

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Usafox1 said:

I think there's a good chance Wilf will be gone in January. There're a few big teams needing a defensive MF that'll be willing to pay . Arsenal, Man U, and city need a DM, they'd love to steal Wilf from us.

lol Don't talk daft. Please don't bet on that. We won't be losing any important players mid-season. The players will know that they have to wait until summer if they want out (not likely, anyway, the way we and they are going). Those clubs are not going to want to pay anything like what we would sell for right now. It will take mental money to poach someone like Ndidi from us, especially in January. The club would probably prefer to make Ndidi train with the kids rather than strengthen a rival, anyway. £150m from a foreign club might do it, but I can't see that happening any time soon.

7 minutes ago, Bert said:

If Wilf leaves in January (Not happening) we will probably be receiving yet another world record fee. 

And a biggest d*cks of the transfer window award to go with it

• Haha 1

On 12/11/2019 at 10:22, Facecloth said:

Enrolled at the local Uni on a business course I believe, so hopefully staying put for a few years.

Thank goodness he's enrolled at DMU which means he will stay here until his course completes, panic over!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Agreed, it was his left foot as well through a crowd of players. The lad is often wild on his stronger foot so how anyone can say that's a sitter is baffling. It was a good chance, but not a sitter.

okay - shouldn't have used the word "sitter" esp seeing that screenshot - but it was a "good chance"

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Why isn't Harvey Barnes with the u21s? He's currently 21 so is available. There can't be 4 better young English wide men can there that aren't with the senior team can there? I can only think of Hudson Odi and even that's debateable on current form.

I think (not 100% sure) that to be eligible you have to be born after January 1st. Just looked and Harvey's birthday is 9th December so he's just too old. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Why isn't Harvey Barnes with the u21s? He's currently 21 so is available. There can't be 4 better young English wide men can there that aren't with the senior team can there? I can only think of Hudson Odi and even that's debateable on current form.

He isn't eligible actually, the other poster is correct

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Billy Big Balls said:

I think (not 100% sure) that to be eligible you have to be born after January 1st. Just looked and Harvey's birthday is 9th December so he's just too old. 

16 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

He isn't eligible actually, the other poster is correct

Cheers chaps. Shame for him. By the way I didn't mean to post this in the wilf thread it was meant to go in the internationals thread.

Edited by The whole world smiles

2 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Good! Much rather have him training with Rodgers than international duty with Boothroyd.

Kind of a no brainer for me which is going to make him a better player. Stay home and learn.

4 hours ago, Stadt said:

Difficult to hit the target when there’s so many players in the goal mouth. I think the only way 95% of players are scoring from there is if they shift the ball first to disrupt the positions of the other players 42F5FAB4-A3F8-4497-BCF3-C284FC0A129B.thumb.jpeg.7294a92e0196a9a2d117caf71296f6e9.jpeg

I think most players (that are actually good at shooting) would have drilled the ball hard and low, whereas Wilf has awkwardly side footed the ball and got too much height on it. Any kind of shot had a decent chance of hitting bodies, it's just the shot choice and the execution, for me, were not great.

I don't blame him, shooting and scoring isn't a forte of his, although I was expecting/hoping for a few worldies after seeing his highlights reel before joining. 

Just my opinion of course.

29 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I think most players (that are actually good at shooting) would have drilled the ball hard and low, whereas Wilf has awkwardly side footed the ball and got too much height on it. Any kind of shot had a decent chance of hitting bodies, it's just the shot choice and the execution, for me, were not great.

I don't blame him, shooting and scoring isn't a forte of his, although I was expecting/hoping for a few worldies after seeing his highlights reel before joining. 

Sorry but if that ball gets drilled hard and low there's only a very small gap where he has to avoid an Arsenal defender, the keeper and also Barnes who looks offside.

He had to take the shot first time as well because the player in front of Leno (not Luiz) is charging him down. Don't think he'd have had time to take a touch.

I think he did the right thing to aim high - just got a tad too much height on it. A shot in the top corner is much harder to defend as opposed to down low. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Good! Much rather have him training with Rodgers than international duty with Boothroyd.

Kind of a no brainer for me which is going to make him a better player. Stay home and learn.

Was more of a selfish thing as I like watching Leicester players in the u21s. Especially in a boring international window. We have had a few in for a while but now it's dried up now they are older. 

However development wise I don't think it would make any difference having the odd 10 day camp with other elite youngsters. Most the regular first team players who don't represent their countries have some time off during the break so he will only be missing maybe 4 days training. Plenty of players have come through the u21s and gone on to be top players most of our top players in fact.

46 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Did everybody forget the shot off the bar? Personally would like to see some of the players who lack confidence be more aggressive.

Almost an Ice Hockey mentality if you will .Especially Wilf. If he makes a bad shot he can always get the ball back again and again and again...........

i mean i would back myself to score that chance. anyone who is trying to claim it's not a sitter is a bit wrong, for me. 

he hit it with absolutely zero conviction and fair enough, he probably won't be in that position again all season and we won anyway so who cares. but that is an easy chance. 

23 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

i mean i would back myself to score that chance. anyone who is trying to claim it's not a sitter is a bit wrong, for me. 

he hit it with absolutely zero conviction and fair enough, he probably won't be in that position again all season and we won anyway so who cares. but that is an easy chance. 

I would back you to miss, and just about every contributor here too.

• Haha 1