Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

he is literally on the penalty spot, completely unchallenged and people are saying fair play that he didn't score, tough chance. 

this is nothing against ndidi by the way, footballers miss easy chances all the time. it's why xG doesn't mean goals scored. but honestly most people with working feet would be disappointed they didn't score from there.

• Like 2

Been watching highlights cause I'm bored but Ndidi's passing has come on leaps and bounds.

I think previously managers just wanted him to shield the backline and pass it to another player to create something. 

This season he has been turned into a quarterback (italian regista?) with some phenomenal raking passes to Chilwell and Pereira who have bombed on down the wings, which I don't remember seeing him do much before. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That tackle success stat says everything you need to know about Kante. Absolute freak.

I'd be surprised if Wilf hasn't improved in that regard. I often found the tackling stats misleading for him as he wouldn't win the ball cleanly or it would end up back with the opposition. He's far more aggressive in the tackle now and it's showing. For all his obvious improvement with the ball, I think the strides made in his tackling are just as impressive.

1 hour ago, dmayne7 said:

That tackle success stat says everything you need to know about Kante. Absolute freak.

I'd be surprised if Wilf hasn't improved in that regard. I often found the tackling stats misleading for him as he wouldn't win the ball cleanly or it would end up back with the opposition. He's far more aggressive in the tackle now and it's showing. For all his obvious improvement with the ball, I think the strides made in his tackling are just as impressive.

It's incredible really. It's only the tackle success rate where Kanté beats him, with the interception rate being heavily influenced on the type of football we played back then. Kanté has much improved now but having a defensive midfielder who is approaching 15/16 Kanté is a huge credit to our scouts, Brendan and the man himself.

Our current team is a treasure chest of delights.

Lile a Soyuncu ‘Cruyff turn’, a Maddison free kick, a Vardy sliding block or a sudden burst of acceleration from Ricardo, a Wilf tackle is a thing of beauty.

Edited by Hammo
  • Like 4

On 13/11/2019 at 12:18, Stadt said:

Difficult to hit the target when there’s so many players in the goal mouth. I think the only way 95% of players are scoring from there is if they shift the ball first to disrupt the positions of the other players 42F5FAB4-A3F8-4497-BCF3-C284FC0A129B.thumb.jpeg.7294a92e0196a9a2d117caf71296f6e9.jpeg

That screenshot also shows just how dominant we were, we’ve got 2 players in their 6 yard box, our RB so far up the pitch he’s not even on it, 3 players in loads of space including our DM who’s the one shooting

Looking at that photo it's the sort of shot that you aim half way up the goal and 3/4 to the side and put your foot through it. I think Ndidi has done everything right there as there are five players blocking a path straight to the goal. i would guess XG would be about 0.4.

I really don't think he's done anything wrong in his shot selection and hitting the bar from here is just a tad unlucky and certainly not a sitter. 

47 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Looking at that photo it's the sort of shot that you aim half way up the goal and 3/4 to the side and put your foot through it. I think Ndidi has done everything right there as there are five players blocking a path straight to the goal. i would guess XG would be about 0.4.

I really don't think he's done anything wrong in his shot selection and hitting the bar from here is just a tad unlucky and certainly not a sitter. 

I don't really trust Understat's xG figures that well, nor do I see the value at looking at one particular shot through the lens of xG because there's so many contextual factors missing however they have it as 0.09 xG. Far too low in my opinion but I'm not sure I'd go quite as high as 0.4

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

I don't really trust Understat's xG figures that well, nor do I see the value at looking at one particular shot through the lens of xG because there's so many contextual factors missing however they have it as 0.09 xG. Far too low in my opinion but I'm not sure I'd go quite as high as 0.4

To be honest, I wouldn't disagree that Ndidi would score that 1/10 times (although of course that's not what xG is)

The Dailyfail has just had a massive Leicester City article orgasm or something because there's 4 articles posted just now on us. 

This Ndidi one, A Maddison contract one, Chillwell offers rejection one and a Brendan press conference write up. 

We're massive! 

Oh and some German defender one. 5 articles on Leicester for the clicks. 

Edited by LC/FC
  • Haha 1

What a player. His tackling and interception stats are insane. Thought he'd be a top defensive mid, but always limited on the ball. He's shown since BR's been here that he can add passing to his game. Looks much more confident with the ball now. Could even be compared to Kante, and he's still young. Never thought we'd have another player like him again!

I love this kid even more than I loved Ngolo.  What superlative character for someone who is only just an adult.

And for those (most?) of us who’ve always said, if he could only add passing and a hint of ball retention to his game … voila, and thank you Brendan …

4 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

'What have I learned? First of all it's about facing the larger part of the pitch when I receive the ball. Then it's knowing when to go with one touch, two touches, or when to leave the ball and just go with the body. At first, when I'd been converted from a central defender to a midfielder, I didn't know these things. 

'I just went out and played. When it's a tight situation on the pitch, sometimes I don't really go and ask for the ball, but this information has really helped my confidence, even to ask for the ball during the game.

He is the glue that holds our midfield together, giving the others a licence to roam and do their stuff as they know that they have mr reliable at their backs. I am sure that without that confidence they would be able to try some of the more audacious passes that actually create stuff. Youri was criticized a bit at the start of the season as he didn't seem to have the swagger that he originally came with. It is no coincide that the better Wilf gets the better the rest get as their confidence to try stuff increases. Its the same as a defender, you always play better when you have confidence in the keeper behind you.

That said whenever we are watching him anywhere within 30 yards of the box we still shout "don't shoot wilf" at the TV.

Has to have a shout for player of the year if he keeps this up.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, urban fox said:

He is the glue that holds our midfield together, giving the others a licence to roam and do their stuff as they know that they have mr reliable at their backs. I am sure that without that confidence they would be able to try some of the more audacious passes that actually create stuff. Youri was criticized a bit at the start of the season as he didn't seem to have the swagger that he originally came with. It is no coincide that the better Wilf gets the better the rest get as their confidence to try stuff increases. Its the same as a defender, you always play better when you have confidence in the keeper behind you.

That said whenever we are watching him anywhere within 30 yards of the box we still shout "don't shoot wilf" at the TV.

Has to have a shout for player of the year if he keeps this up.

Ironic that, since his first goal for us was an absolute screamer! 

• Like 2