Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

3 minutes ago, urban fox said:

He is the glue that holds our midfield together, giving the others a licence to roam and do their stuff as they know that they have mr reliable at their backs. I am sure that without that confidence they would be able to try some of the more audacious passes that actually create stuff. Youri was criticized a bit at the start of the season as he didn't seem to have the swagger that he originally came with. It is no coincide that the better Wilf gets the better the rest get as their confidence to try stuff increases. Its the same as a defender, you always play better when you have confidence in the keeper behind you.

That said whenever we are watching him anywhere within 30 yards of the box we still shout "don't shoot wilf" at the TV.

Has to have a shout for player of the year if he keeps this up.

Thrives on being the 1 holding midfielder, didn’t ever look right alongside Mendy, he doesn’t get the media attention that some of our other players get but he does such an invaluable job for us, immense player and a key part of our success.

• Like 3

Here's something funny I've just realised after reading the article again. He's now playing in a position that he didn't grow up playing. Same with a few of our current players.

But considering he's a former central defender who's now defensive midfield and Soyuncu was a midfielder (before that he was a forward) but now is plying his trade as a centre back, there does seem to be an ease of play and understanding of different roles between our players that's allowed us to be as good as we have been at the back this season. No wonder we can play from the back and concede so little. It's a small slice of total football. 

If we have a dead rubber game at the end of the year, I want Soyuncu in midfield and Ndidi at centre back for shits and giggles. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, urban fox said:

He is the glue that holds our midfield together, giving the others a licence to roam and do their stuff as they know that they have mr reliable at their backs. I am sure that without that confidence they would be able to try some of the more audacious passes that actually create stuff. Youri was criticized a bit at the start of the season as he didn't seem to have the swagger that he originally came with. It is no coincide that the better Wilf gets the better the rest get as their confidence to try stuff increases. Its the same as a defender, you always play better when you have confidence in the keeper behind you.

That said whenever we are watching him anywhere within 30 yards of the box we still shout "don't shoot wilf" at the TV.

Has to have a shout for player of the year if he keeps this up.

Imagine the scenes though.....

• Like 1

I think there’s a lot to be said for the character of our squad at the moment. Considering how young a lot of them are you get a feeling they’re mature, switched on and above all, humble. Hamza’s recent interview, N’Didi’s studying, Tielemans has always seemed extremely mature in his decision making. It’s extremely encouraging we seem to have a really decent bunch of lads on our books setting an example.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

3 outstanding goals!

On a side note Demarai tore Derby apart (on the highlights)

Was just thinking god I hope Demari can pick that form up. I know he’s played well off the bench but if he could do what he did against derby regularly we’d have a potentially world class player. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Was just thinking god I hope Demari can pick that form up. I know he’s played well off the bench but if he could do what he did against derby regularly we’d have a potentially world class player. 

yes, but I don't doubt he could do that against championships teams week in week out...

there are signs that he is improving, lets all hope :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It must be boring to read me sing his praises after every match but...

Another incredible display by the super Wilfred again today! On the stream I was watching, Jim Beglin called him "a hunter / gatherer of the football pitch!" And I think that sums him up brilliantly. Villa tried to push Grealish central to turn the game in the second half, but Ndidi had him in his pocket all game long!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

It must be boring to read me sing his praises after every match but...

Another incredible display by the super Wilfred again today! On the stream I was watching, Jim Beglin called him "a hunter / gatherer of the football pitch!" And I think that sums him up brilliantly. Villa tried to push Grealish central to turn the game in the second half, but Ndidi had him in his pocket all game long!

Grealish was a lot better in the first half when he was far, far away on left wing lol. Ndidi is a vortex

Happy birthday Wilf! 

He's only 23! Playing a pro beyond his years. Along with Pereira and Vardy, my favourite player to watch this season. His game has improved remarkably over the past couple of seasons. Not only a ball winner but becoming a comfortable passer of the ball too. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Happy birthday Wilf! 

He's only 23! Playing a pro beyond his years. Along with Pereira and Vardy, my favourite player to watch this season. His game has improved remarkably over the past couple of seasons. Not only a ball winner but becoming a comfortable passer of the ball too. 

Exactly the same age as my son, 23 today. All the best ones are born 16/12/96!

Happy Birthday Wilf, hope you have a great day and will be celebrating with a glass of Malbec or 2 later x

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, TK95 said:

Met Wilf and Kelechi after the game today. Down to earth guy waited while chatting and taking photos with fans. Love him

Always strikes me as a down-to-earth, level-headed guy with a jovial sense of humour. Bet he's one of the funniest out of everyone in the squad too. 

• Like 1