Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Newcastle (H) Pre Match

Just now, Manini said:

I’d love to stick one up Bisto tits after his crying about Hamza’s tackle in the cup game. I’d be inclined to start him ahead of N’didi just to boil some piss. 

Probably a good idea I’m not the manager. 

I'm not sure how much there is between them now, that's how quickly Hamza has improved, Wilf is still better but I think the drop off isn't that far

1 minute ago, Jimmy said:

I'm not sure how much there is between them now, that's how quickly Hamza has improved, Wilf is still better but I think the drop off isn't that far

You’re probably right. As you say I think N’didi is still better, he’s nowhere near as good as Kante but for the job he’s there to do there aren’t too many better than him. 

This will be a really hard game and any result will likely be very keenly fought.

But id say this ahead of the game

1) weve seen already this season that the leagues quality is broad and on the day, every team is competitive. Norwich can beat man city and lose to burnley. Arsenal can blow a 2 goal lead to a watford team shipping 8 to man city.... who lost to norwich.

2 dropped points, or even 3 dropped points, will NOT define our season. A missed opportunity yes, but i feel we csn carry a threat away from home to almost anyone, and this season will be punctuated with weird results. Just add the points up at the end. Doesnt matter who against.

That said OBVIOUSLY i want us to win though.

2) we know newcastle will be resolute, well drilled, well organised, and compact.

It MAY be a strategy to not press them as hard as we would a slightly more gifted technical team.

Perhaps it would help to let them come forward a little. Leave some space for us, give them enough rope to hang themselves so to speak where we can nick a ball off them in midfield and spring quickly before they can reorganise themselves.

The other problem we will face on saturday is the impact of big Carroll. Even if he gets 15 mins, high balls into the box and set pieces, he will test and bully us, soyuncu and evans have to really be on their mettle and we need to ensure we pick up plenty of loose balls.

Im going 1-0 home win, in a game where chances will be at a premium

• Like 2

On 21/09/2019 at 19:05, Manwell Pablo said:

We will get by them I reckon. Brighton have threatened a few times and they aren’t a team with an electric forward line are they.

this a terrible game though lol 

Difference is that they are away, against the team in third, that has aspirations on top 6. At home I’m sure they play a bit more open.

They will park the bus and hope to do what they did against Spurs.

Edited by turkish14

4 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

Difference is that they are  now away, against the team in third, that has aspirations on top 6. At home I’m sure they play a bit more open.

They will park the bus and hope to do what they did against Spurs.

Yeah but we're better than Spurs :D

Ndidi gotta sit this one out for Praet. We need players who can actually drive forward with the ball. Newcastle will completely bypass their midfield and we will have at least 70% possession, if not more. What exactly is the point of Ndidi in games like this?

11 minutes ago, Koke said:

Ndidi gotta sit this one out for Praet. We need players who can actually drive forward with the ball. Newcastle will completely bypass their midfield and we will have at least 70% possession, if not more. What exactly is the point of Ndidi in games like this?

To snuff out breakaways before they threaten our goal?

We must start fast and well, with a positive set up. And no two defensive midfielders, no Maddison on the left wing.

Two proper wingers giving Maddison & Tielemans the space to create. I'd be tempted to give Albrighton a start on the left to give Chilwell more cover and to give more width. Bring Barnes & Gray on late in the match if we're losing or drawing.

Newcastle wont be easy. They won at Spuds and they will think they have a good chance of picking up something at a ground they do well on. 

We must show passion, drive and energy from the kick off.

2 hours ago, Koke said:

I don't think we need N'Didi for this. the only reason I'd play him is for his height at set pieces.

1 hour ago, PaulW said:

To snuff out breakaways before they threaten our goal?

We'll have Evans and Soyuncu at the back, surely that's enough for breakaways.

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Height at set pieces. As paul says, break up any break aways. You can't just abandon your defensive play, or you'll get caught out. Newcastle will offer some threat, not as much as most other teams on this league but still offer some threat. Leaving out Ndidi would give someone like Shelvey free reign to cause havoc with his passing, and he'd control the midfield.

i think if Praet was going to come in for anyone it would be Perez imo, as he can play out wide too tbh

I certainly wouldnt take out Ndidi just for the reasons you stated, 

Edited by FrankieADZ

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Apologies if this is in the wrong place, but I'm wondering if there's another opportunity for a FT meet up beforehand? @StriderHiryu, @Foxhateram, all other friendly parties, what say you? 

I am up for a meet-up, but because they moved the game to Sunday 16:30 I won't be at this one. I'm a plastic I know lol

Are you going to the Burnley game?

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

First time I've seen them all in 4 years, so not THAT popular. One lives In Sydney, so should be a special day. 

Well have a good time!

Next games I am planning to see are Burnley and Palace away. I would have gone to St. Mary's, but the game is on a Friday night. Will probably go to Arsenal and Brighton also.

Anyway back on topic, lets beat the geordies!