Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Newcastle (H) Pre Match

3 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Apologies if this is in the wrong place, but I'm wondering if there's another opportunity for a FT meet up beforehand? @StriderHiryu, @Foxhateram, all other friendly parties, what say you? 

Deffo up for a meet up later in the season. Wife is not far from being due with baby number 2 so plastic fan I am won't be going now for a while. Let's deffo arrange something for a game after Xmas!

44 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Praet coming in for Maddison in the middle, unless he wants to play Barnes behind Vardy and put Albrighton on the wing

Would prefer Praet in the middle, he's played both as an 8 and 10 before, think we need his ability to pick a pass and create something.

• Like 2

I imagine Youri will take the Madders attacking role, and Praet will take the slightly more withdrawn Youri role, as Praet has played more as a DM at his last club. Hopefully Praet is more up to speed with the pace and physicality of the Prem now, as he’s admitted to struggling with it initially.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Was probably the thinking around playing Praet tonite, I know Newcastle have more quality and it will be better conditions, but the same premise of playing against a physical side sitting deep.

Getting him ready for the games we need him in to add that extra bit of creativity. 

Didn't he play the full 90 against Newcastle in the cup too? 

Bit of a weird one for Evans to get 90 mins again. Benkovic to get his first appearance? Looks like Maddison shouldn't be risked either. 

Schmeichel

Ricardo Benkovic Soyuncu Chilwell

Praet Ndidi Tielemans 

Barnes

Vardy Perez

Would also take an Albrighton start over Barnes.

Ideally we get two goals in front, sub in Hamza and Albrighton for Tielemans and Barnes, and don't concede.  Can't see many teams getting past

Perez Praet Ndidi Hamza Albrighton

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Bit of a weird one for Evans to get 90 mins again. Benkovic to get his first appearance? Looks like Maddison shouldn't be risked either. 

Schmeichel

Ricardo Benkovic Soyuncu Chilwell

Praet Ndidi Tielemans 

Barnes

Vardy Perez

Would also take an Albrighton start over Barnes.

Ideally we get two goals in front, sub in Hamza and Albrighton for Tielemans and Barnes, and don't concede.  Can't see many teams getting past

Perez Praet Ndidi Hamza Albrighton

Why would Evans not play??

or have I missed something?

As much of a blow it is to possibly by missing Maddison, I think Praet is a more than capable replacement, looks a cracking player really impressed me whenever he's played. Really positive on the ball trying to go forward as often as he can, good movement and gets stuck in all in all really rounded. The link between him and Youri is a bonus too - all in all looking like a fantastic signing!

On 21/09/2019 at 18:48, SouthStandUpperTier said:

They offer very little except for dogged resistance. We'll either get an early goal and stroll to victory, or labour to a 0-0.

If we put the same team out as we did against spurs, then Newcastle have no chance the only doubt is madders, not sure how bad the injury he picked up is