Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Newcastle (H) Pre Match

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

That Ulloa goal was the moment I thought we would get top 2. If I remember correctly that was after the arsenal game. To bounce back I thought this is our season.

Wasn't until Spurs drew with West Brom when I thought we would win the league.

Good times.

Anyway back to Maddison, I wouldn't bring him on at all. Give him a good rest. We have enough in our squad to deal with Newcastle. 

Yeah it was the first game back after what felt like a very long 2 week break, the media and everyone spent those two weeks believing there'd been a shift in the title race to Arsenal, wahahahaa

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Need to break these down. Brendan said we would this season but we couldn't break Wolves down.

Not exactly looking forward to Newcastle coming and sitting 10 men behind the ball.

Having Ndidi and Choudhury play probably didn't help with that one. 

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah it was the first game back after what felt like a very long 2 week break, the media and everyone spent those two weeks believing there'd been a shift in the title race to Arsenal, wahahahaa

Didn't they all go partying with Kasper in Copenhagen and dress up in fancy costumes in that period? 

Shows what a strong spirit and bond our lads had with each other. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

96453887-Arsenal-selfies-SPORT_trans_NvB

Image result for leicester ulloa norwich

Leicester-City-Premier-League-title-2015

hi-res-efc9f2a15309653a2fa916229462e836_

Despite all that, my abiding memory of Arsenal that year is us joining together (for the first and only time) to royally take the p*ss out of Spurs when they ended up third in a two horse race. It's the one thing we'll always share. :giggle:

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

Having Ndidi and Choudhury play probably didn't help with that one. 

Didn't they all go partying with Kasper in Copenhagen and dress up in fancy costumes in that period? 

Shows what a strong spirit and bond our lads had with each other. 

No but a lot of them went to Dubai and away with their families. Ranieri was set to do some warm weather training or something but decided after the cruel result to let them go away and enjoy themselves, it was one of many masterstrokes from The Don.

I think it will be interesting to see how Praet fairs, as I imagine he will be given a starting role in place of Maddison. As Maddison is pushed out to the left, then coming into the middle, I think it may work slightly differently as Praet is an experienced winger and may be instructed to drift wider, enabling Tielemans or Perez to roam centrally. Sods law says Perez should actually score in this one. I don't think they'll be able to handle us at the KP. 1-0 defeat incoming. 

Good points about keeping the opposition guessing re the selectiom.Bren should not ever be giving anything away in a press conference.

My point re MOTD interviews was that if he(madison was really bad it would have been getting some intensive initial treatment didn't look in any discomfort but all in Praet looks like he can do a job.Met some Belgian lads on holiday who spoke very highly.

I don't think you're going to see Maddison doing anything except bending Top's ear, if I'm guessing.

It's true that Sheffield didn't park the bus, for which I give them credit (I said that night they'd stay up and nothing I've seen since dissuades me), and of course we all know Bournemouth uses a pretty open style against us.  So yeah, Newcastle is going to present a challenge that's vexed us in recent seasons, and it would have been nice to see if we'd attacked them with Praet in the holding role and bypassed Ndidi and Choudhury.  But if Madders doesn't play that's probably a moot point, and it's going to be on Praet and Tielemans to unlock the door Belgium-style and Perez to effectively press and disrupt them deep.

Edited by Deeg67

Please win this!  There is a real feel good factor around the club at the moment.  If we get the three points here then we go into the international break with at least 14 points from 8 games having already played Chelsea, Wolves, Spurs, Utd and Liverpool.  Incredible really.

Just now, Haywood_6 said:

They're going come for a point, defend in numbers. No space in behind for Vardy. I can see it being frustrating now. Just like last time. Hope I'm wrong.

An early goal for us would make it a great game...

I’d like to think we have enough to break them down though even if they do sit back and park the bus.

In an ideal world we win convincingly score few early and make some subs with 25 minutes to go and rest some players and give the likes of Nacho some minutes and confidence.

28 minutes ago, nnfox said:

Please win this!  There is a real feel good factor around the club at the moment.  If we get the three points here then we go into the international break with at least 14 points from 8 games having already played Chelsea, Wolves, Spurs, Utd and Liverpool.  Incredible really.

I quite fancy us to come away from Anfield with the points.