Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Newcastle (H) Pre Match

We played Rafa last time, now we're in a very different space.

Sure it's natural to be a little cautious (paranoid negative issues) but I just don't feel it against the current Newcastle set up.

Surely we're not going to change anything after the Spurs result, yeah?

This is a good game to be going into with the belief we have now, can't see us losing. 

• Like 1

They'll play to frustrate us and they'll want some measure of revenge for Ritchie's injury in the cup game.

Not an easy game at all. We'll need to show some guile and creativity. An early goal could do the trick. If not, we may have to just play keep ball, grind them down and not get too impatient.

We haven't given anyone a proper hiding in the PL since beating QPR 5-1 in 2014/15. Couple of 4-1s against Sunderland and Southampton but that's about it.

I'll settle for a basic 2-0 here though.

Edited by Koke
  • Like 1

I think this is the type of game we bought Praet for. Someone who loves a tackle but can play a progressive pass. I think he will start since they will absolutely park the bus. If he doesn't start and we haven't broken through I think he will be on early doors in the second half

• Like 1