Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Newcastle (H) Pre Match

1 minute ago, Daveb5569 said:

All out attack needed cannot start with two DM.

I'm hoping Rodgers doesn't even start with any DMs, and start Praet instead of Ndidi. Ndidi is surplus to requirements in games like this. Newcastle are not gonna play through us, and we will keep the ball fir the majority of the game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Haywood_6 said:

They're going come for a point, defend in numbers. No space in behind for Vardy. I can see it being frustrating now. Just like last time. Hope I'm wrong.

which is why I would sacrifice wilf/hamza and go for Praet in a Dm role but with license to roam and support Tielemans higher up (assuming Maddison not fit) and both Albrighton and Barnes wide with perez in behind/alongside Vardy

Kasper

Ricardo Evans Soyuncu Chilwell

Praet

Tielemans

Barnes                  Albrighton

Perez

Vardy

Kind of a 4-4-2 diamond or 4-1-3-2 with extra width and pace from the full backs when needed. (they aren't going to be doing much defending.

if we are still struggling to break them down, my plan B would bring Fuchs on for Chilwell (better crosser of the ball and those long throws will put them under pressure) and Nacho for Perez or Barnes to give us a bit more height in the box to aim crosses at.

47 minutes ago, Koke said:

Cant wait to watch us labour our way to a 0-0 with 78% possession. They conceded one against Arsenal and zero against Spurs so they know how to park the  us well. 

Schar and lascelles are good players. I Think they even play 5 at the back these days. Its games like these where we need a Mahrez that can take a player on.

2-0 Leicester.

as said above they will park the bus from minute one. If you’d asked me last season for my prediction in a game like this I would have been less positive.

right now though we look free flowing, comfortable and have the ability to put teams away. 

1 minute ago, les-tah said:

Schar and lascelles are good players. I Think they even play 5 at the back these days. Its games like these where we need a Mahrez that can take a player on.

Newcastle are ones to not underestimate really. As you’ve said Schär and Lascelles are good CBs. Dubravaka is also a good keeper, it’s just that their midfield and attack are hideous 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, les-tah said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-press-conference-live-3367897

Rodgers on Maddison injury

“We’ll see over the next couple of days he’s a doubt, he’s putting some weight on his ankle.

“We’ll give him every chance”

Safe to say he isn't going to play Saturday.

Sounds like at best he might be on the bench.

It's a squad game these days and we paid good money for Praet, so time for him to deliver!

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Newcastle are ones to not underestimate really. As you’ve said Schär and Lascelles are good CBs. Dubravaka is also a good keeper, it’s just that their midfield and attack are hideous 

Don't forget they also beat the mighty Tottenham Hotspur at The Bog Seat Stadium just recently. 

On 26/09/2019 at 14:44, Fox92 said:

Need to break these down. Brendan said we would this season but we couldn't break Wolves down.

Not exactly looking forward to Newcastle coming and sitting 10 men behind the ball.

It's the sort of game Perez should be tailor made for. We'll have about 70% possession and Vardy will find it tough as they sit deep and compact. 

Perez needs to get himself in little pockets in the box and give the likes of Ricardo, Tielemans and Maddison an option to slide a pass into. Perez need to be the player who can trouble these teams who come here to sit deep and frustrate. I've said before in the thread if all Perez proves to be is a flat track bully who can see sides like Newcastle off at home then he'll be a good purchase.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, les-tah said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-press-conference-live-3367897

“We’ll see over the next couple of days he’s a doubt, he’s putting some weight on his ankle.

I can absolutely guarantee that he won't be playing on Saturday.

Same team as Spurs if Madders can play, otherwise would not be averse to the diamond that finished the game but with Barnes in behind Vardy and Perez

Schmeichel

Ricardo     Söyüncü         Evans     Chilwell

Ndidi   

Tielemans            Praet

Barnes

Perez       Vardy

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Bossman Blessed It said:

I think it will be interesting to see how Praet fairs, as I imagine he will be given a starting role in place of Maddison. As Maddison is pushed out to the left, then coming into the middle, I think it may work slightly differently as Praet is an experienced winger and may be instructed to drift wider, enabling Tielemans or Perez to roam centrally. Sods law says Perez should actually score in this one. I don't think they'll be able to handle us at the KP. 1-0 defeat incoming. 

Praet is an experienced winger??

Has he ever played on the wing?

1 hour ago, les-tah said:

Spot on, he won’t be playing Saturday.

• Haha 1

I don’t suppose this latest report of Ashley selling the club will impact them?  Just the same old, same old?

A US group fronted by Peter Kenyon trying to scare up investors with “laughably unrealistic” projections of returns based on EL qualification within four years.  Conflicting reports about whether they have the funds or not.   https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/inside-story-latest-newcastle-bid-16990325

NUFC brochure.JPG