Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Newcastle (H) Pre Match

2 minutes ago, brucey said:

When was the last time we managed to properly break a team down without Maddison? He mentioned about having a scan on his ankle in one of his post match interviews, so a week might be a bit soon :(

Hopefully Praet will be able to help us with this. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, brucey said:

When was the last time we managed to properly break a team down without Maddison? He mentioned about having a scan on his ankle in one of his post match interviews, so a week might be a bit soon :(

not ideal but i hope it means we get to see Tielemans/Praet combo in the 4141

• Like 1

Assuming Maddison will not be fit, I would go

Kasper

Ricardo Evans Soyuncu Chilwell

Praet

Tielemans

Albrighton      Perez              Barnes

Vardy

Don't really need a full blown Dm for this, Praet can cover this and also link with Youri (in a more advanced role). Width will be essential in trying to break down a side that will almost certainly park the bus. Perez in just behind Vardy should give us a bit more presence in the box for when the wide men get in behind.  Trying to come through the middle will just not work against a team that will simply play two ranks of four on their 18 yard line, we need to stretch the play and that means width and good early balls. Albrighton is perfect for this match with his ability to spot an early ball and also some of his cross field balls are excellent and will again be perfect for stretching or catching them out of position when they try to block us.

• Like 2

If Madders is out I'd be that much more tempted to leave D'didi out and use Praet in the holding role.  Against them we're going to need all the creativity we can get and if Maddison can't go, you need to make it up from multiple places.

Something like Vardy-Barnes-Perez-Albrighton-Tielemans-Praet with the usual back four could work, as urban fox suggests..

29 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

If Madders is out I'd be that much more tempted to leave D'didi out and use Praet in the holding role.  Against them we're going to need all the creativity we can get and if Maddison can't go, you need to make it up from multiple places.

Something like Vardy-Barnes-Perez-Albrighton-Tielemans-Praet with the usual back four could work, as urban fox suggests..

Edited by sacreblueits442
Wrong topic

If we get an early goal I think we'll whack them but if not then I wouldn't be shocked to see us drop points.

Lot more confident after the weekend though. Newcastle looked rubbish. It will be a different game but I'm just hoping they've lost some of their organisation the longer they spend without Rafa there.

Never mind them losing Perez, it's them losing our Achilles' Heel in Rondon that gives me hope that we'll win this.

They put in one hell of a performance against us last season - honestly the most impressive "away performance" I saw down at the KP in 18/19. I fear similar tactics, but it would require them to have Ki put in the performance he did, plus someone to bully our backline like our old nemesis Solomon did, for them to smash and grab this.

We'll struggle to break them down - we always do against teams that sit back - but I hope we'll manage it. 2-1 to us. Barnes and Perez. Carroll with theirs off the bench.

10 hours ago, Tanya said:

I think this is the type of game we bought Praet for. Someone who loves a tackle but can play a progressive pass. I think he will start since they will absolutely park the bus. If he doesn't start and we haven't broken through I think he will be on early doors in the second half

Absolutely, but not sure who's place he'll take.

15 minutes ago, pds said:

Anyone know how long into the match they still let you in? Don't think I'm gonna be able to make it until about 5pm on Sunday.

Think normally you can get in till about half time. Normally the odd turnstile open. If you can find a staff member they should normally let you in too. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, brucey said:

Schmeichel 

Ricardo Evans Soyuncu Chilwell 

Praet Ndidi Tielemans

Barnes

Vardy Perez

Should be enough to deal without Maddison. Plus the addition of Praet to the midfield makes it more combative so we're more prepared for Newcastle's assault tactics.

• Like 1