Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Newcastle (H) Pre Match

7 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I hadn't heard about Soyuncu being injured. How bad ?

Suppose we'll get the real update in Brendan's Presser, but assuming Maddison is injured, I'd go.

Schmeichel

Ricardo Soyuncu* Evans Chilwell

Tillymens Ndidi Praet

Perez Vardez Barnez 

*Morgan if Soyuncu's injured.

Think it will be a good time to utilise Praet in the League, Hamza waiting to come on though. 

Whilst I agree every team in the Premier League is not to be patronised, Newcastle are a team we have to be beating, just like we have done before. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, dyanmark said:

If Madders was really poor he wouldn't have been doing interviews after MOTD(I would hope) so maybe not too serious

He hurt his ankle! Thats a bit like saying if i lost my voice i wouldn't be able to work on the computer?!?!

Obviously we know more now but that was a serious case of straw clutching chap. Nice try 🤣👍🏽

• Haha 1

I fancy Perez in the No. 10 position for this one if Madders is injured.

Would like to see Nacho push on and get a bench spot for this, his cameo at Luton was decent. Bring him in for Vards on 70-75.

I think Albrighton and Iheanacho was always gonna be an unlikely candidate for a good partnership, but they honestly linked up really well, so I'd like to see them both get pitch time at the same point in the game.

Edited by OntarioFox

20 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Benkovic for Soyuncu if he really is injured. Evans and Morgan would get skinned on the break by Joelinton and Almiron, at least Benkovic is pacy.

Schmeichel

Ricardo Evans Soyuncu Chilwell

Praet Ndidi Tielemans

Barnes

Vardy Perez

Benkovic hasnt even completed 90 mins for the under 23's. Absolutely no way he will start on Sunday.

Wes will play. We will play more width meaing that Chilwell and Ricardo will give us the pace cover at the back.

Edited by goose2010

5 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Benkovic hasnt even completed 90 mins for the under 23's. Absolutely no way he will start on Sunday.

Wes will play. We will play more width meaing that Chilwell and Ricardo will give us the pace cover at the back.

I didn't realise he hadn't completed a game, thought he had played more than one fully. I don't exactly think that Chilwell and Ricardo will be able to properly cover for Morgan and Evans though, they couldn't do it last year for any pairing involving Maguire or those two. There were always suspect situations when faced with pace, which we haven't faced so far this year.

On 21/09/2019 at 20:29, SystonFox said:

Perez to bag his first proper goal for us

Game should be set up for him, I would like to think Perez can be our "flat track bully" which isn't an insult or to be an underestimated asset. 

He got 12 goals last season and doesn't have much pace, strength and dribbling skills which you associate with a winger. He is however a good finisher and at finding pockets of space in the box. If Perez gets another 12 goals this season and they're all in games we think we should be winning I'll be more than happy. If we're going to challenge for a top four spot this season then you need someone who can put teams like Newcastle to the sword and I feel this could be his niche. We can't afford to give up points in games like this. 

1 hour ago, OntarioFox said:

I fancy Perez in the No. 10 position for this one if Madders is injured.

Would like to see Nacho push on and get a bench spot for this, his cameo at Luton was decent. Bring him in for Vards on 70-75.

I think Albrighton and Iheanacho was always gonna be an unlikely candidate for a good partnership, but they honestly linked up really well, so I'd like to see them both get pitch time at the same point in the game.

Its funny how some players  seem to be on the same wavelength and some partnerships that you would think would work well just dont...the only way to find out is to play them together

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lcfcfan97 said:

I think we need to go for it and play Praet instead of Ndidi, Perez at 10 and Albrighton. If we can get that early goal we can always revert to Mendy, Ndidi and Hamza

I didn't realise the Premier League now had unlimited substitutions lol

Quite simple really, same team and if Maddison is injured Praet plays that role.

6 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

You know, I was going to comment about how excited I was for this game, when I realised I've been excited for every game this season! This is awesome, can we do this every year?

This season has the same vibe as 15/16! That was the greatest season we will ever experience but we didn’t really think we could win it until Man City away. Every game up to that point (and after it) was enjoyable. Even if we were down in games we were coming back. Even when Arsenal battered us at home we played well and lost due to being too open plus Walcott scoring 60s after Vardy hit the post for what would have been 2-0.

This season we are playing good stuff and many players getting better every week. The emergence of Soyuncu reminds me of Kante’s rise in some ways and Maddison dare I say it is transforming from a player with potential to an actual top player like Mahrez did. Our whole team is also very likable, players like Ricardo, Ndidi and Tielemans all have happy faces and join in with the celebrations. 

In short i agree! Can’t wait to see the next game and disappointed when games get moved so I can’t see them live! There’s a great feeling about the club at the moment and long may it continue. 

• Like 2

If Maddison is out, I'd bring in Albrighton and move Perez just behind Vardy. I'd definitely play Ndidi (or Choudhury)

Maybe:

Kasper

Ndidi

Albrighton Tielemans Praet 

Perez

Vardy

Bring Barnes & Gray on if we need to chase the match.

24 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

If Maddison is out, I'd bring in Albrighton and move Perez just behind Vardy. I'd definitely play Ndidi (or Choudhury)

Maybe:

Kasper

Ndidi

Albrighton Tielemans Praet 

Perez

Vardy

Bring Barnes & Gray on if we need to chase the match.

We really do have some cracking options on the bench nowadays, don't we? :scarf:

Flat track Bullies. This is exactly the type of club we must beat week in week out if we want to stay in the top six/four.

We need to pass them into the ground. Rodgers time at Celtic should pay off here if Newcastle parks the bus.

27 minutes ago, TK95 said:

If Maddison is touch and go, I'd rather keep him on the bench. Have him filly fit for the Liverpool game then risk aggravating an injury in a game we have options without him.

Yes, I would bench him even if he appears to nearly be fully fit. Bring him on around 55 mins if we need more creativity, will be a horrid match.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes, I would bench him even if he appears to nearly be fully fit. Bring him on around 55 mins if we need more creativity, will be a horrid match.

I think that’s the way to go too. If we get an early goal it’s probably game over but they won’t make it easy at all. I can see all 3 of Tielemans, Praet and Maddison on at the same time as this season’s answer to break down stubborn teams so we’ll go that way if we hit 60 minutes at 0-0.

I get the feeling this game might be similar to Norwich at home in 2016 where we weren’t at our best but turned it on right at the end with Ulloa bagging from Albrighton’s cross. The atmosphere after that went in took off the roof and registered as a minor earthquake!!!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think that’s the way to go too. If we get an early goal it’s probably game over but they won’t make it easy at all. I can see all 3 of Tielemans, Praet and Maddison on at the same time as this season’s answer to break down stubborn teams so we’ll go that way if we hit 60 minutes at 0-0.

I get the feeling this game might be similar to Norwich at home in 2016 where we weren’t at our best but turned it on right at the end with Ulloa bagging from Albrighton’s cross. The atmosphere after that went in took off the roof and registered as a minor earthquake!!!

That Ulloa goal was the moment I thought we would get top 2. If I remember correctly that was after the arsenal game. To bounce back I thought this is our season.

Wasn't until Spurs drew with West Brom when I thought we would win the league.

Good times.

Anyway back to Maddison, I wouldn't bring him on at all. Give him a good rest. We have enough in our squad to deal with Newcastle. 

• Like 1