Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Corky

Luton 0-4 Leicester Post Match Thread

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

When you listen to the likes of five live you can sit there either driving or just in the house, and have a clear image of what's going on in the game, what a happening in the ground and whose on top etc.  I swear that's how this used to be, but since I've come back to listening to them, its now all about Ian being centre stage rather than what we all care about, the football.

Frankly its no wonder they're losing listeners.

I used to listen to basically every game when I was younger, before we were on the tv or streams became a big thing. He used to describe games well and I'd be able to picture what was happening.

Today and the Newcastle game, which are both the most recent ive listened to, I could barely tell what was going on. Goals just appeared and I genuinely had no idea how they came about or what led up to them. 

It sounds very much like as I live in Derbyshire and couldn't pick out much that he was saying, I didn't miss much of a quality commentary tonight.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, melrose said:

It sounds very much like as I live in Derbyshire and couldn't pick out much that he was saying, I didn't miss much of a quality commentary tonight.

Nothing at all mate. 

Gray and Justin scored and i had no idea how either went in. 

He compared nacho slipping to that of Kane against us, they were nothing alike as I've seen the highlights linked on this thread. 

It's annoying tbh. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...yeah!!!

Stringer is quite juvenile and I am not too sure his co commentators are comfortable with what he sees as banter. You can feel the unease at times when he makes a comment not related to the game and Guppy or Piper appears to have ignored him.

I feel he has been doing this too long and is overly confident of his position and probably requires a new challenge and I large swig of professionalism.

Don't want this to turn into another Stringer bashing thread because he gets one of them every couple of months, but your last point is spot on. It's how overly confident and complacent he is that's really his downfall. I'm not part of the hate mob because i think in comparison to other BBC local radio and for all his flaws, he's pretty good. It doesn't help that the new lad they've got literally mimics him to the point of obsession either. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

He stated for U21s last night at Scunny.

Got a feeling he isn't match fit and is recovering from another niggle as he hadn't played for the development team for a while either.

Thanks for that.  

6 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

If anyone thinks safe standing is a stupid idea, they need to be shown the benefits of the away end tonight/yesterday  where it was unreserved. 

People who wanted to sit could and did. People who wanted to stand and create an atmosphere could. People who wanted to be somewhere in between could. 

This.

7 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Great performance and best away end in a long time, lovely stuff 

antiquated sums up the stand ....... posts in the view and the terraced houses at the back of the stand within touching distance 

but yes, some good banter with their ‘ultras’ to the right ....... was there a ‘fat jimmy Saville’ wearing a matalan tracksuit amongst our lot ?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, cambridgefox said:

Just got back myself and it was absolutely spot on from start to finish.

The small number singing ‘town full of .....’ and stopping before they embarrassed themselves should wonder how much hamza and most of our players would enjoy standing amongst them ....  grow up kids (they were young) 

• Sad 1