Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Corky

Luton 0-4 Leicester Post Match Thread

We love a goal like that Nacho one in the cup. Reminded me no end of Musa at Sheff Utd, Dodoo at Bury etc... where people really bay for that goal and they eventually get it lol 

I was hoping he went for the lob too, perfect chance opened up, I thought he'd messed it up at first but was delighted it dropped in.

Just a really positive night all round. 

9 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

We love a goal like that Nacho one in the cup. Reminded me no end of Musa at Sheff Utd, Dodoo at Bury etc... where people really bay for that goal and they eventually get it lol 

I was hoping he went for the lob too, perfect chance opened up, I thought he'd messed it up at first but was delighted it dropped in.

Cos they all had happy endings.... :whistle:

11 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Think he must be a popular lad amongst the squad and they wanted him to score. Albrighton did a mini fist pump when it dropped in, he was clearly delighted more than he would normally be about a 4th goal in 4-0 win.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

These are just live for the moment goals. Musa might be a waste of money but at least we had that Sheff Utd madness lol 

As soon as Kelechi lobbed it I was celebrating .... seemed to then take a while for the ball to go in.

6 minutes ago, Dandy king said:

Curious to know what praets performance was like from anyone who went? 

Good. Looked good on the ball. I've liked all of his, albeit short, performances so far this season. Seems to love a tackle which is good to see.

6 hours ago, st albans fox said:

antiquated sums up the stand ....... posts in the view and the terraced houses at the back of the stand within touching distance 

but yes, some good banter with their ‘ultras’ to the right ....... was there a ‘fat jimmy Saville’ wearing a matalan tracksuit amongst our lot ?

Hahahah yes she was, Vickie Pollard wannabe.

54 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

These are just live for the moment goals. Musa might be a waste of money but at least we had that Sheff Utd madness lol 

Definitely the two most pointless goals I’ve over celebrated.

If Morgan’s 1-2 had gone in I recon I would have got myself a life time ban.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Definitely the two most pointless goals I’ve over celebrated.

If Morgan’s 1-2 had gone in I recon I would have got myself a life time ban.

Dodoo's third at Bury was mine. Game was already won but something just got into my head at that goal. Their fans I think lol 

Just watched the 20 minute highlights of the match over here.

Ward made a good save with his feet, but apart from that we looked solid against what was a poor team.

Glad BR played with an attacking line up with many first team players. 

I'm the first to have a go at Iheanacho, but his contribution for our third and his well taken goal showed he can press if he's arsed. Maybe BR is getting something out of him at last. Problem is, can he do it in the P/L and can he do it when we're 1-0 down or pressing to win a match? Like Gray, I fear he's nothing more than a squad player and occasional substitute, but I'll give him a lot of credit for his cameo last night.

Praet looked decent as did Albrighton & Tielemans. But we were playing a poor reserve Luton side.

In the pre match, lots of posters were critical of my views on playing our full first team and taking this cup seriously. I hope you could understand what I was on about. 

In my defence, I just want to mention Spuds. As I doubt they'd be out today if they'd had played with the team that we beat last Saturday. Now they basically have just one trophy to go for this season. Hopefully they'll be out of that in round 3 too.

Great result for us, and made even better by the brilliant Colchester United!

Good god, only watched the highlights and goals but I'm starting to dream again when a  second team remind me of Liverpools first team. How are we going to hold on to the team thats starting to build . At the moment maybe third is a bit flattering if you look at the rest of the stats. but watching this maybe not. Lets dream a bit more . What if Soyuncu who I rate very highly and must be still learning to fit in with the team turns out to be another Van Dijk !!!! If that did happen and with the confidence that should now be building who knows what could happen? Yeah I know its football where dreams hardly ever work out ,and  I only saw highlights but I'm still dreaming.

One thing I would like to see is for the excellent Rogers to take one leaf out of Cloughies book. Forest always got a more than even break from refs. because refs. knew they were n't going to get dissent of arguing or even many bad fouls from Clough's players. Ever see a player argue the ref. into changing his mind ? Result fewer sending offs , suspensions, more free kicks and penalties. If anyone thinks Clough's teams were soft as a result just say, Keane, Pearce, MacKay,Gemmell to yourself, and there were others who had to clean their act up or they got punished by the ref. and fined and sometimes dropped by Cloughie. Must have been worth a good few points every season and it cost nothing. LCFC made a lot of friends in football in their miracle year. We're pretty good now but let's be clever and keep it that way.

I was never happy with criticisms of Morgan, Huth, in the season following the miracle year. All of that team, and the manager, and maybe most of all the chairman earned respect, for life. However if Soyuncu turns out the way he's started he'll be worth two defenders.

Edited by Alan Frost
Added a sentence
  • Like 3

In the David Preece stand and it was a

Pretty good view of the game. 

A very good performance against a side that we made look very average, although they made changes and have to prioritise championship survival. 

I've been to Kenilworth Rd many times since the 70's and it has been quite hostile at times but our football crushed any spirit the home fans had and, for most of the game, people around us were just saying what a fantastic footballing side we are. 

Obviously I had to keep quiet but it was nice to hear nice comments about us from the other fans. 

Class reaction from JJ and the Luton fans👍

IMG_20190925_213215.jpg

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Interesting that Nacho is getting plaudits for his chip. I remember Andrej Kramarić trying something similar. It didn’t come off, Pearson frogmarched him off in the tunnel after the match and he hardly made an appearance again. 

I think there was a slight circumstantial difference: one was in a crucial league game (Villa?) with the game very much live, one we were 3-0 up against Luton. You can choose your risks...

54 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Interesting that Nacho is getting plaudits for his chip. I remember Andrej Kramarić trying something similar. It didn’t come off, Pearson frogmarched him off in the tunnel after the match and he hardly made an appearance again. 

Arsenal away. 

Bit of a weird comparison though mate, absolutely zero similarity in circumstance.