Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Corky

Luton 0-4 Leicester Post Match Thread

12 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I don't listen live but do sometimes listen to the podcast and even in those snippets of commentary I'm amazed by his immaturity. After the Spurs game he said in commentary "I, like you, DETEST Tottenham...". I mean, come on, you are meant to be a BBC journalist. He makes everything about himself. It's weird.

This obsession with building up expectations is weird as well. We win one game and they are talking about the Champions League. Just calm the **** down and report a balanced view. They run it like it's a fan channel on YouTube.

The young presenter they now have is, to his credit, incredibly confident for his age but he clearly idolises Stringer to the point where it's hard to tell the two apart. He also has a tendency to talk a lot without actually saying anything. "Thanks for joining us.....here......at the King Power Stadium.....on 104.9.....and DAB................as well". Then proceeds to ask about eight questions all in one.

Matt Piper has improved a lot though and probably the only reason I listen to the podcast when I do.

Not sure what happened to the bloke. I remember his commentary used to be decent, as you said its now just immature digs and jokes rather than any commentary. 

Yeah I don't understand the champions league tune, we're 6 games in. At least wait until after Christmas. They're just as much to blame for the massive hype and subsequent arguments when we don't turn up for a game. 

Owynn does his job well, his ease of speaking will improve as he carries on the job. Just hope he doesn't go down the route Stringer has and become all about him. 

The co-commentator seems to have to battle to get a sensible comment in. 

All you can ask for is a win and entry to the next round a 4-0 away win at what looked a canter is as good as you can ask for. A good confidence boost for some of the squad, game time for others just positives. Only thing that puzzles me and if we had done it we would have been criticised for treating the cup with contempt is that they changes 10 players from Saturday almost like they had accepted they would lose. 

1 hour ago, lcfcell said:

For anyone who was there how was Praet? I think every time he’s played this season he’s been pretty tidy. Looked like he played some nice passes in the highlights 

As said elsewhere, he was clearly too good for last nights opposition and found himself in acres of space repeatedly. Notably that he's good at the pressing and likes the run of a channel. 

7 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Can someone please confirm that I actually saw what I thought I saw? Ndidi playing a 1-2 with WES MORGAN IN THE PENALTY AREA AND THEN SHOOTS AND NEARLY BLOODY SCORES??

Yeah that was fun. 

Couldn't ask for much more really from last night. Impressive performances it sounds, from Tielemans, Albrighton, Gray and Justin. Gray and Iheanacho get off the mark for the season in the hope this brings out a modicum more end product from them. Perez looked classy in bits from what I gather and the replays of his ruled out goal made it look onside to me and the finish was sublime. Neat assist for Gray too.

The ideal outcome for the squad as a whole, morale seems to be spot on right now.

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Happy days, banana skin avoided. I think the likelihood of us losing against lower league opposition in the cups has dropped massively since Brendan has come in, as he's used to setting up against poorer opposition from his time at Celtic. There would have been no complacency in the dressing room last night like there was at Newport for example. 

2 wins from the Semi final, on we go.  

I do think this is where his smaller squad philosophy will help as well - you could argue players might fatigue a bit more as the season wears on - but it keeps everyone sharp and on their toes.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Langston said:

I do think this is where his smaller squad philosophy will help as well - you could argue players might fatigue a bit more as the season wears on - but it keeps everyone sharp and on their toes.

They'll be fine, we used to play every Tuesday with a worse Sports Science set up! Also it's not like they traveled far last night, it's what just over an hour down the M1?

1 minute ago, OntarioFox said:

If Morgan has 29 pace, i dread to think how that Luton backline ranks in FIFA. :ph34r:

Such a good team move. Great play and pass from Albrighton and the coaching team have clearly worked hard on Ndidi this season, his passing is so much better! I love the almost nonchalant touch he has to play the one touch pass back to Wes. Deserved a goal TBH!

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Yeah I don't understand the champions league tune, we're 6 games in. At least wait until after Christmas. They're just as much to blame for the massive hype and subsequent arguments when we don't turn up for a game. 

They started it as a joke in 2015 and obvs it continued week after week ..... this is just another bit of banter ... 

38 minutes ago, Babylon said:

tenor.gif?itemid=10101354

#Banter #BanterKing #LadsLadsLads

I hate it, off to burn my eyes ty

27 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

They started it as a joke in 2015 and obvs it continued week after week ..... this is just another bit of banter ... 

They should probably focus on providing a good service rather than trying to be funny tbh 

Good professional performance and good showings from some of the fringe players. What I have to wonder is if Gray can ever play this well in a Premier League game or whether the Championship is his level. So far from what I have seen of Nacho he looks worth a few sub appearances on the first team. 

6 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Good professional performance and good showings from some of the fringe players. What I have to wonder is if Gray can ever play this well in a Premier League game or whether the Championship is his level. So far from what I have seen of Nacho he looks worth a few sub appearances on the first team. 

Nacho's goal was actually class, nice to see him go for something that audacious seeing as his confidence is quite clearly very low at the moment. I trust Brendan to do what's needed to develop him. 

23 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Nacho's goal was actually class, nice to see him go for something that audacious seeing as his confidence is quite clearly very low at the moment. I trust Brendan to do what's needed to develop him. 

He was unlucky with an earlier opportunity with a near post flick plus the one which led to YT’s goal