Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Corky

Luton 0-4 Leicester Post Match Thread

9 minutes ago, Koke said:

How did Praet get on? 

Our midfield 3 won’t get an easier game for a long time. They had acres of space all the time. 

I’m cautious with last night as they simply didn’t look bothered. Throw in their desire to play football in a passing style against superior and fitter players. 

I would say the way we set up without the ball and narrowing the ‘halfspaces’ continually meant them losing possession.  That was impressive. 

51 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The small number singing ‘town full of .....’ and stopping before they embarrassed themselves should wonder how much hamza and most of our players would enjoy standing amongst them ....  grow up kids (they were young) 

Didn’t hear that tbf.

As we were walking out some younger lads were banging the metal corrugated fence.Not a problem with that really,but I did see one of them punch the bolt sticking out.He soon stopped 😂

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Our midfield 3 won’t get an easier game for a long time. They had acres of space all the time. 

I’m cautious with last night as they simply didn’t look bothered. Throw in their desire to play football in a passing style against superior and fitter players. 

I would say the way we set up without the ball and narrowing the ‘halfspaces’ continually meant them losing possession.  That was impressive. 

Noticeable how in a game against higher league opposition they declined to lob free kicks into the box ......

very different from my day ......  ‘stick it in the mixer’!!!!!

2 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

Didn’t hear that tbf.

As we were walking out some younger lads were banging the metal corrugated fence.Not a problem with that really,but I did see one of them punch the bolt sticking out.He soon stopped 😂

It was a small number and they stopped before they got to the words which would have drawn comments .......but the fact they felt it was acceptable to even start that chant shows how far we still have to go .........

• Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

It was a small number and they stopped before they got to the words which would have drawn comments .......but the fact they felt it was acceptable to even start that chant shows how far we still have to go .........

If they're young lads, they probably just thought it'd be funny to push to boundaries of what's acceptable then rightfully stopped before saying something stupid. I doubt they're gonna be turning up to white supremacist rallies and I don't think it means that there's a long way to go. Most young lads say and do stupid stuff when they're in groups together. Had probably shared a 4 pack of carling on the coach down and were feeling a bit brave haha 

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

If they're young lads, they probably just thought it'd be funny to push to boundaries of what's acceptable then rightfully stopped before saying something stupid. I doubt they're gonna be turning up to white supremacist rallies and I don't think it means that there's a long way to go. Most young lads say and do stupid stuff when they're in groups together. Had probably shared a 4 pack of carling on the coach down and were feeling a bit brave haha 

my opinion is a bit different ...... they did it more than once and I think they absolutely would turn up at a white supremacist rally if it was accessible to them. young, impressionable and probably a bit stupid .......

the club should emphasise that when fans travel, they are also representing the club. Banter is fine - there was plenty of it last night. 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

I think it was Andy Townsend who said after Kane's goal 'That's the difference between a top side like Spurs and a side like, with no disrespect, a side just like Leicester City'.

Won't be word for word.

This is up there with Talk Sport pre match describing another chance for Maddison to audition. :@

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

my opinion is a bit different ...... they did it more than once and I think they absolutely would turn up at a white supremacist rally if it was accessible to them. young, impressionable and probably a bit stupid .......

Fair play, you were there and saw them first hand, i'm just going on what I know myself and friends were like as a younger lads drinking haha.

I guess we just play the waiting game and you let me know if you see them on the news chanting Tommy Robinson songs

6 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

This is up there with Talk Sport pre match describing another chance for Maddison to audition. :@

It was a stupid comment to be sure. But to be fair, he was effusive in praising Maddison’s goal as world class too.

25 minutes ago, filbertway said:

No. Stop making excuses for unacceptable behaviour...."they stopped before saying anything stupid" is a little like saying "they were only a little bit racist" If this is true then these people should be ashamed of themselves. Zero excuses.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

To some it may seem like this forum is bias against radio Leicester, but I can't convey to you how poor the commentary was for the game today. 

The first half may have had little productive football, but we heard very little of it. Stringer spent the majority of the time chatting about bus lanes or promoting other programmes. 

Second half improved a little, but the opening of the half was greeted with him talking about tea. 

Sounds like such a whining complaint, but he's in such a privileged position to be paid to watch Leicester play, and quite frankly his commentary was useless. The co commentator was giving decent analysis and adding intelligent comments, to which Stringer was either teasing him about not drinking tea or calling Owynn by his middle name. 

Pathetic in all honesty. 

I don't listen live but do sometimes listen to the podcast and even in those snippets of commentary I'm amazed by his immaturity. After the Spurs game he said in commentary "I, like you, DETEST Tottenham...". I mean, come on, you are meant to be a BBC journalist. He makes everything about himself. It's weird.

This obsession with building up expectations is weird as well. We win one game and they are talking about the Champions League. Just calm the **** down and report a balanced view. They run it like it's a fan channel on YouTube.

The young presenter they now have is, to his credit, incredibly confident for his age but he clearly idolises Stringer to the point where it's hard to tell the two apart. He also has a tendency to talk a lot without actually saying anything. "Thanks for joining us.....here......at the King Power Stadium.....on 104.9.....and DAB................as well". Then proceeds to ask about eight questions all in one.

Matt Piper has improved a lot though and probably the only reason I listen to the podcast when I do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

The small number singing ‘town full of .....’ and stopping before they embarrassed themselves should wonder how much hamza and most of our players would enjoy standing amongst them ....  grow up kids (they were young) 

Id guess these were the same group that were begging Stephen Yaxley-Lennon for photos.

Happy days, banana skin avoided. I think the likelihood of us losing against lower league opposition in the cups has dropped massively since Brendan has come in, as he's used to setting up against poorer opposition from his time at Celtic. There would have been no complacency in the dressing room last night like there was at Newport for example. 

2 wins from the Semi final, on we go.  

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba
  • Like 1