Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

King Brendan ...... ohhh how lucky we are

Just now, kristianity77 said:

He could of used that interview and said "I'm not going anywhere and am not interested in anything else".   That was cagey.  

Maybe but he’d be a muppet to do so, he’s holding all the cards right now and probably in a good position to ask for a new contract (if their not already discussing it) I’d have no qualms doubling his pay even this early into his contract

• Like 1

I'm hoping that he's just being tactical in that interview to draw a better contract from Top, which to be honest he'd more than deserve after this start.

Personally I don't see him going to Arsenal this season, though post season perhaps. They would have to pay a ton of money to get him, and by the sounds of it they already overspent a little in the summer to accommodate all their signings.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

What’s happening? What did he say?

Was asked about a 'clause' in his contract that if met, he can speak to that club.

He replied saying 'I'm sure every manager has a clause in their contract'

But then went on to say his mind & concentration is on Leicester, has only been here 9 months and is enjoying the project and players here at the moment.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

What’s happening? What did he say?

Not much to warrant the overreaction on this thread. He dodged the opportunity to deny there is a release clause on his contract. Even if Arsenal triggers it the decision still rests with him whether he goes and at this stage I don’t think he would. He also said he is “very happy at Leicester” and enjoys working here and said that “Leicester City has a lot of potential in the next few years. He’s an intelligent man and knows he’s in a top job with a great infrastructure even if we aren’t a huge global brand

• Like 1

Guest BlueBrett
17 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Oh that interview hasn’t installed much confidence in him staying. 

Is anyone really worried about that?

Just now, RutlanderFox said:

Not much to warrant the overreaction on this thread. He dodged the opportunity to deny there is a release clause on his contract. Even if Arsenal triggers it the decision still rests with him whether he goes and at this stage I don’t think he would. He also said he is “very happy at Leicester” and enjoys working here and said that “Leicester City has a lot of potential in the next few years. He’s an intelligent man and knows he’s in a top job with a great infrastructure even if we aren’t a huge global brand

Yeah reading the reactions I was really concerned but having finally got to hear the interview I’m less concerned now.

• Like 3

Guest BlueBrett
5 minutes ago, The Syrup said:

Actually changed my mind watching that :S

Why's he being so sketchy just say you won't go ffs

Guest BlueBrett
2 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Yeah reading the reactions I was really concerned but having finally got to hear the interview I’m less concerned now.

did you hear him?

That wasn’t the full interview.  I very much got the impression that there are discussions going on.  He made it clear that Leicester are in a great position and that he has done great work bringing the team on.  Seemed like he was pitching the point that he has brought us on and will leave us better off.  That’s how I read it.  

• Haha 2

Guest BlueBrett
2 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Of course 

What possible justification is there for him not just categorically ruling it out til end of the season at least instead of just being like 'oh er contract yeh happy'

suppose i dont mean justification, more explanation if there's nothing to worry about

Edited by BlueBrett

Big fuss over nothing! That's hardly a come and get me plea.

And look even if he were to go, that's his prerogative. With Rodgers it seemed like a match because he could give us a great season or two and in showing that one of the top jobs would be open to him again. Let's not forget he's already managed Liverpool and Celtic, two of the biggest clubs in the UK. If you ask me it was him being passed up (incorrectly) by Arsenal that led to us being able to get him. Rodgers realised he had to go down a level to get a top job again, and now he's proved himself again, he's back on the wish list of those clubs.

He's only being linked because he's smashing it with us. And that IMO is a good thing.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1