Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

King Brendan ...... ohhh how lucky we are

5 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I bet Rodgers is ****ing gutted he left Celtic, a team who has reserves that are better than us.

Can you imagine the melt down on here if he walked out  On on us in February for Man United ? 

celtic fans behaved like children when he left they were deluded and pathetic (aren’t all football fans) , but would the majority on here be any different if he left us this spring for Man United ? 

• Like 1

I wouldn't say we were "lucky" to get Brendan. He saw what he liked and signed on the dotted line. We all know how precarious a manager's position can be but he was attracted to Leicester City because of the set-up and what the future plans of this Club are. I'm so grateful he is on board and making a huge difference, just what the Club wanted after the last episode.

He's a seriously good manager benefitting from the seriously good infrastructure that was already in place at the club, as well as a seriously talented group of players.

Match made in heaven. If we can get at least 2 full years out of the bloke I'd be content. 

On 30/09/2019 at 07:28, ThaiFox said:

They are both out of their depth.

Lampard may turn into a decent coach, but it's far too early to say if he'll be successful. 

As for OGS.....I still can't believe Man Utd appointed him. I doubt any other P/L club would have even considered him. So far out of his depth it's almost embarrassing. And to think he is in change of rebuilding that club! If he's still there by Xmas I'll be amazed.

Completely disagree about Frank Lampard. I think he’ll be an exceptionally successful manager

• Like 3

when Puel was on the brink i wanted Lampard when he was at Derby, I had a feeling he was going to be a decent future manager in the mould of some of the younger up and coming managers, i was surprised he got a big ass job like Chelsea but I'm happy with Brendan as I would have been with Rafa. Rafa would have been my last choice though, many objected to him coming here for his defensive set up at Newcastle but I think he's a cleverer manager than that and would have done a similarly decent job here as BR has. I think when this job was on offer you only had to look at our players to realise we were going to do well, I do think BR see's us a stepping stone though, we need a few consecutive seasons of top 6 at least before we'll be referred to as a big club, it's a momentous task.

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

when Puel was on the brink i wanted Lampard when he was at Derby, I had a feeling he was going to be a decent future manager in the mould of some of the younger up and coming managers, i was surprised he got a big ass job like Chelsea but I'm happy with Brendan as I would have been with Rafa. Rafa would have been my last choice though, many objected to him coming here for his defensive set up at Newcastle but I think he's a cleverer manager than that and would have done a similarly decent job here as BR has. I think when this job was on offer you only had to look at our players to realise we were going to do well, I do think BR see's us a stepping stone though, we need a few consecutive seasons of top 6 at least before we'll be referred to as a big club, it's a momentous task.

we had more or less the same players under Puel and we was pretty shit and dismal to watch, Rodgers is the difference maker here and now its starting to show. 

Its alright having a good group of players but if you can't manage them ala Puel or like OGS at United then you will never get the best out of them.

3 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

It is a big task, but doable. If we can keep the core of our team we might just do it. But the big clubs will want to pick us apart in the transfer market. 

17 hours ago, Corky said:

He's a manager who is annoyed at wayward passes at 7-0 up! The manager we've been crying out for. A demanding man who the players seem to love playing for.

So far, he's been brilliant.

...curiously that was not the picture he was portraying at the start of the season!!!

His over cautious approach to the league has left us short on points effectively curtailing our ability to evolve. We should have been in a position to hit the ground running this season after his 12 match audition but we played safe giving too much respect to teams.

This new approach I believe has stemmed from the Arsenal v. Sheffield game, which opened up his eyes to the fact that due to inconsistency within the league it is pointless attempting to set up to nullify  teams and to go out there and play our game, imposing our style on our opponents.

We have Manchester City, out of the big four to play and I am sure Maddison will not be on the wing. It was a good result last night but I wish he had realised, at the start of the season how good we really are.

• Like 1

I was against the idea of signing Rodgers since before we were ever linked to him:  Found him a bit weird at Liverpool even if he did nearly win them the title, I certainly didn't think his work at Celtic proved anything and as a manager I thought he was at most a sideways step from Puel.

I am apparently a complete moron.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

I was against the idea of signing Rodgers since before we were ever linked to him:  Found him a bit weird at Liverpool even if he did nearly win them the title, I certainly didn't think his work at Celtic proved anything and as a manager I thought he was at most a sideways step from Puel.

I am apparently a complete moron.

Yes..!!! But you have a pretty House with such a pretty garden..!!!  lol

20 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Completely disagree about Frank Lampard. I think he’ll be an exceptionally successful manager

I said in my post:  'Lampard may turn into a decent coach, but it's far too early to say if he'll be successful'

But I still think it's way too early to say he'll be an exceptionally successful manager after an average season managing in the championship, and 10 games into this P/L season.

I do concede that so far he is doing a decent job at Chelsea in those first 10 games, and it's certainly good to see an English coach bringing through young and hungry players.

He probably got the job because Chelsea had a transfer ban and could not attract a big name foreign coach in those circumstances. If he does stay, it will be interesting to see how his transfer signings fair once that ban is lifted.

If he doesn't achieve top four this season, I'd be surprised if he isn't shunted out if a big name foreign coach becomes available and the transfer ban is lifted.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Little bit worried about the “we can’t compete with finances ” lines in media 

ultimately when he leaves us it will be for a filthy rich club willing to spend , rules out spurs and arsenal for me , Frank is at Chelsea for a long time 

liverpool ,  did that already , Man City will want a foreigner and united couldn’t have a Liverpool manager 

so all in all the King is staying 

• Like 1

Since the demise of the Ranieri/Shakespeare era we have been on a journey.  Puel more than played his part in that journey.  He did a lot of the dirty work and brought through a lot of the younger players.  Brendan came in at the right time to take us to the next level but if he had come in after Shakey, no way would his record be as food as it is.  The pieces were by and large already in place, they needed fine tuning which was ultimately outside of Puel's ability.

Ultimately Brendan has proved a great managerial signing and the club made the necessary switch at the right time.

The strategic management of our club is second to none.

• Like 1

Maybe now the pundits and fans who couldn't understand why we felt, very reluctantly, that letting Ranieri go and not accepting relegation can see why we held that view. If we'd gone down, we'd have been a newly promoted team at best in 2018 so no Ricardo joining, no Soyuncu, no Evans, no Maddison, then no Tielemans, no Praet. Vardy, Chilwell, Ndidi, Schmeichel all sold. Brendan Rodgers nowhere near the club.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, nnfox said:

The strategic management of our club is second to none.

It’s more than that, it’s the culture Vichai bestowed on the club and city. Even the most successful companies and organisations have downturns, but the ones that consistently get it right have a culture that allows them to rediscover their greatness in new ways through the way they think about things. This for me is actually the most amazing thing about this season because I believe regardless of what happens that culture will lead to further glories again in the future. 

Examples I can give are the new young players we have who seem to have learned from the experienced ones. Look at the way Maddison, Tielemans, Soyuncu and Ndidi celebrated at the weekend. Look at former players like Huth and Simpson tweeting their praises despite no longer being with us. Look at the way the whole bench erupted after Vardy scored including old (Stowell) and new (Davies, Touré). Everyone is pulling together and you even feel it as a fan in the ground and even outside it.

Honestly it’s the same feeling as 15/16. Perhaps the end result won’t be as good but that same Vichai golddust has been sprinkled into the air!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LinekersLugs said:

Little bit worried about the “we can’t compete with finances ” lines in media 

ultimately when he leaves us it will be for a filthy rich club willing to spend , rules out spurs and arsenal for me , Frank is at Chelsea for a long time 

liverpool ,  did that already , Man City will want a foreigner and united couldn’t have a Liverpool manager 

so all in all the King is staying 

Perhaps this is a fact, but it may also be clever psychology so we aren't held to ransom on transfer fees in January, should other clubs think we have money to throw at any player. Just a thought.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...