Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

King Brendan ...... ohhh how lucky we are

47 minutes ago, L3n9a said:

He had the chance to squash it, he chose not to, he consciously made that choice. 

With regards to the buyout, every single manager has one. What do you think happens when a manager gets sacked? clubs have to buy out their contracts. Unless a club offers to buyout his contract (around £15m) its a non-starter. 

So Arsenal, need to pay £15m to release him from his contract & a further £7.5m a year? All from a club with tight purse strings. 

He's not going to Arsenal, but I don't expect him to be around long judging by his interviews, comes across VERY self serving. We're talking about Arsenal, they're a shell of their former selves, crap fans, soulless stadium, crap owners & unrealistic expectation... just imagine it was Bayern, PSG, United even Liverpool again.

Would they have to pay the further 7.5m a year? I read this a lot on here, especially regarding players that the buying club have to pay off the remainder of their contracts. But I thought they just pay the buyout clause and offer a new contract? Otherwise the manager / player could sign a 4 year contract at a new club every 4 years and end up being paid for 12 + years for example.

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm a bit baffled as why the release clause is only £14m, do release clauses for managers reflect the total remaining wage on their contract or can it be set at any price? As Henrik says, it would be odd for us to pay £9m to get him and his staff only to leave ourselves vulnerable to losing him for only £5m more. He's worth £20-30m to a desperate club like Arsenal or Man Utd and nigh on priceless to us this season. It's a mistake if this comes back to bite us after how shrewd we have been at managing sought after players since the Kante debacle.

I thought exactly the same, thought £14m seemed really quite modest.

• Like 1

Was a big move to leave Celtic but he could point to XX amount of success up their and perhaps the claim he achieved what he wanted to could not do anymore etc.

here he has improved started something but achieved nothing yet, win a cup or qualify for Europe especially CL and that is successful. Arsenal whoever they bring in will struggle to hit top 4 and has to move on and bring in plenty and deliver a top 4 finish next season or face the same is Emery

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

I've never been able to understand why most clubs seem to be reluctant to pay out the requested fee for a manager, even if it is 10, 20, 30 million? Whereas a lot of clubs will spend multi-millions on overrated and overpriced players.

The appointment of the right manager is well worth paying a hefty fee to get him in.

It's probably to do with asset depreciation. Let's take Kelechi for example apart from today his time here has been a huge disappointment. However he could go on loan to championship club rattle of a few goals and we could still sell him for 20 million to a lower prem club.  So despite it not working out we will only loose 5 million in transfer fees.

Compare that with Silva at Everton. When they got him his reputation was sky high after Hull and Watford, plenty of Leicester fans would have loved to have him here. They tried to buy out his Watford contract for millions (ended up getting him later on after Watford sacked him). Now it's all gone wrong for a few months at Everton, what's he worth? Absolutely nothing! no one wants him and they will Also have to pay him out to sack him.

So say they had bought out his contact they would be loosing the 10 million for that plus another 15 million to sack him.

Poch is another good example. Was the most desirable manager in world football at one point with Man United and Real Madrid after him however 3 bad months in 5 years and spurs are paying a small fortune to sack him with no money recouped from any kind of fee.

Basically in a nutshell a player is still a sellable asset when it doesn't work out in most cases a manager is not.

Edited by The whole world smiles
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mendi said:

Brendan Rodgers appeared to rule himself out of contention for the Arsenal job despite confirming there is a clause in his contract that would allow him to leave Leicester.

Why has he put this clause in his deal for ?

so that he could go to a 'biggerrrrrrrr' club..?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, twister said:

I honestly think he would be mental to come to arsenal at the moment or even at the seasons end.

directors interfering and a fanbase that has been polluted by fan tv channels turning people against our players

He is still young if he wants to come to a spurs or arsenal he has plenty of time, average lifespan of  managers is only two or three years.

If I were him I would do everything I can to get top four then give the champions league a go.

Also the gap between a club like Leicester and Arsenal is as small as it has been for decades. 

I Believe we have a superior squad to Arsenal and there is expectation at Arsenal that there isn't at Leicester and he will have to live up to that with arguably lesser players. Also if you look at the transfer budgets for both clubs it isn't that big a gulf. It's quite often a player may be linked with both clubs and that never happened years a go as we were fishing in different places for our players. Now a player is always likely to pick Arsenal over us but a player that Arsenal pulled the trigger on may go to us if we make an offer. Soyi=uncu for instance was linked with Arsenal before we bought him.

I think BR would be wise to stay with us for as long as this young team is still getting better and he isn't having players leaving to go to bigger clubs. If BR is still getting backed in the transfer market and still pushing the club forward then his reputation only enhances.

It's when BR feels he's taken the club as far as he can that we should be worried. There will always be big jobs available if he continues to be a success here and why leave when the club are second and still on an upward trajectory. He could leave for Arsenal tomorrow and still find himself sacked in a year and the current working conditions at Arsenal are probably inferior to those at Leicester at this point in time at least. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vacamion said:

The "Player Ratings" thread has a question: "Manager confidence: Stay / Leave" 

I wonder how, Brendan would respond.

MConf.JPG.678cc190e1b9a1039992ad86a47eef2c.JPG

Inspector V. solves the "Case of the Cussed 2%" 

1 hour ago, cstrafe said:

Did you guys read the full quotes? Why are some of us panicking here?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/dec/01/brendan-rodgers-committed-leicester-arsenal-link-exit-clause

Not that it matters but the lead quotes in the Guardian are from the radio interview

image.png.e954ef5ae23b52b61df83cbeac4bb05e.png

Same from John Percy in The Telegraph

image.png.4c0045e27cf8e2f42bca63531181c113.png

Probably not a great surprise because Perce did ask me to email him a copy of what Rodgers said to us radio guys.

5 hours ago, kristianity77 said:

He could of used that interview and said "I'm not going anywhere and am not interested in anything else".   That was cagey.  

I am in two minds, has a Manager ever said in an interview I am not interested in other jobs?

He did say he is focused on Leicester and reminded the interviewer he hasnt been here long.

But at the same time he didnt seem to mind revealing there is a clause and didnt outright shut the story.

For sure the press wants it to happen tho, hes getting way more attention than the wolves manager, which is as usual pick on Leicester sort of thing.

5 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Two things.

- We have some right knicker welters on here. If he wants to go and Top acquiesces, so be it. No-one is bigger than the club

- Nacho was on the bench because Demi got ill I suspect, so let’s not dress this up into what it isn’t

(Yes, turned out well)

Just to clarify, Rodgers is doing a magnificent job and  I do not want him to leave our CLUB.

good point he was a sub for a sub.

27 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Not that it matters but the lead quotes in the Guardian are from the radio interview

image.png.e954ef5ae23b52b61df83cbeac4bb05e.png

Same from John Percy in The Telegraph

image.png.4c0045e27cf8e2f42bca63531181c113.png

Probably not a great surprise because Perce did ask me to email him a copy of what Rodgers said to us radio guys.

Sorry I just didn't have the original source. Just posted the first result on Google that had the full story.

I'm new here. Are you a local radio host?

2 minutes ago, cstrafe said:

Sorry I just didn't have the original source. Just posted the first result on Google that had the full story.

I'm new here. Are you a local radio host?

No need to apologise, wasn't having a go, sir. 

The written press were joking that Paul Doyle had to quickly rewrite his Guardian piece when the radio quotes came to light.