Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

King Brendan ...... ohhh how lucky we are

The mentality of the team has completely changed. Before he arrived we rarely started strongly, the first 20 minutes just seemed like we were feeling the game out and see how it settled down (usually with us conceding). We are so much better at taking control and looking for goals early now.

• Like 3

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere. Apologies if so. But apparently Chris Sutton has stated that Rodgers should leave us for Everton as they're "a bigger club". 

What an absolute prat. He just doesn't understand this football club. 

8 minutes ago, M0901 said:

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere. Apologies if so. But apparently Chris Sutton has stated that Rodgers should leave us for Everton as they're "a bigger club". 

What an absolute prat. He just doesn't understand  football 

Fixed that for you. 

Edited by ARM1968

12 minutes ago, M0901 said:

What an absolute prat. He just doesn't understand this football club. 

He's done his job if you've reacted to it haha.

• Like 1

On 24/11/2019 at 15:00, Corky said:

The mentality of the team has completely changed. Before he arrived we rarely started strongly, the first 20 minutes just seemed like we were feeling the game out and see how it settled down (usually with us conceding). We are so much better at taking control and looking for goals early now.

Players getting better too, which happens under good managers. Chilwell's ability to cross has improved drastically.

• Like 1

You could argue that the man of the match today was Brendan Rodgers. He 100% deserves credit for turning that game around.

Everton played a 352 and I don't think anyone saw that coming. Sigurdsson and Davies stayed deep to crowd out TIelemans and Maddison, and for 60 minutes they had our number. The didn't create that much first half, but Sidibe was easily their best player and credit to Richarlison who worked hard to link up their team for them. I expect other teams will use these tactics against us, because they were very, very effective.

At 60 minutes Rodgers changed Perez for Nacho, which is not that unusual. But was is unusual is we went 3 at the back ourselves to match Everton. Ricardo was playing right wing, Barnes left wing and Nacho and Vardy were up top. This changed the game and whatever Nacho had for breakfast I want tomorrow because he was on it from the start. Carragher said it was the best he'd ever seen Nacho play and I'd agree with him! He was brilliant at everything.

Back to Rodgers, the last time we went 352 was against Burnley at home after we went 2-1 up to get Morgan on to deal with their aerial bombardment in the final 10. The irony in that game is that they scored a goal that was ruled out by VAR which could easily have stood and that change ceded possession and momentum to Burnley, even though we wont he game. Going 352 meant we got on top of their midfield - look at how much more effective Maddison and Tielemans were in the last 30 compared to the first 60. It did open up a lot of spaces in behind and Moise Kean almost made us pay with a good effort. But at the same time, look at how many chances we made in the last 20. Vardy should have scored a header and we were one pass away from a goal so many times. In fact that last 20 we played some exquisite stuff.

I have to say it wouldn't have occurred to me to go 352. 442 maybe as the diamond shape we've used in the past has done well - it gout us the win versus Spurs for example. But i proved to be the tactical masterstroke.

Superb management and we are lucky to have him. No doubt Top will offer him a new contract but if you ask me Man U or Arsenal would be crazy not to throw the cheque book at him. I don't think he leaves till the end of the season, but he's doing so well that I feel it's inevitable he does.

• Like 1