Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

King Brendan ...... ohhh how lucky we are

8 minutes ago, BlueBrett said:

Is anyone really worried about that?

Actually yes.

look back at the first half. We were poor, passes

were off, movement bad and players starting to bicker. Now pretty much all our first 11 have been linked with moves away and now Brendan. Maybe it’s coincidence but for me the first half was some of the worst I’ve seen ya play all year. 

Any manager we have that does outstanding is going to be sought after. Good News for us because it means we are doing great, what Rodgers just said is pretty much what I would have expected. I don’t think he is going anywhere this soon. 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

1 minute ago, Parafox said:

BR says he's here to stay as he's been given a job to do at Leicester, that he's enjoyed every minute of his time here so far. Bit non-committal really.

Surely saying he's here to stay is committal?

4 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Any manager we have that does outstanding is going to be sort after. Good News for us because it means we are doing great, what Rodgers just said is pretty much what I would have expected. I don’t think he is going anywhere this soon. 

*sought*

The clarification interview in 606 just now was fine. He's staying. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Surely saying he's here to stay is committal?

He's never going to say, yeah, I'm ****ing off.

It's always a game of words. A bit like boards backing a manager before sacking them 2 weeks later.

I genuinely hope it's bullshit media talk. Who knows? BR might have bigger ambitions than us. It would be a negative statement and undermine the team, the board and the supporters if he was to say he was going to Arsenal or any other club. Managers, players, boards never reveal what they are thinking. It's like MI6, no ordinary person knows what the **** is going on. Secrecy is paramount. Don't forget we "poached" BR from Celtic when he was about to win a treble. no-one really saw that coming.

Edited by Parafox

He may not have categorically ruled anything out (how many managers do anyway) and people need to learn to read between the lines. Most managers would have said exactly what he said in that sky interview (“oh I’m happy at my current club and focused on the job here”)

• Like 1

I think he actually should share the MOTM award with Ian. Nacho was his masterstroke today. Nobody saw that except him.

First half, we were truly puelesque. One shot at goal, players passing the ball to death and falling over instead of playing football.   

If it was Puel, we would collapse in the second half and concede one or two more goals. That was always the story.

I was one of the biggest doubters when he came here, but today I'm over the moon, never been happier to admit I was wrong and ready to sing his praises. He made a midtable team who could at best distantly dream about 7th place into a top 4 team and a title contender, unbelievable. 

And here's one for the Top, for having the stones to make a difficult decision and sack 'safe' Puel in what was probably the most difficult season in his life :beer:

It’s such a shame that within 20 minutes of an exhilarating moment happening on the pitch and with all of us barely having come down from the joy of it that we have to discuss (AGAIN 😴😴😴😴😴) about our manager or players leaving. I wish the media would let us enjoy the ride instead of constantly trying to derail us and get one of their beloved big 6 clubs back on track.

We’d struggle to replace Brendan but having said that if he goes to Arsenal I honestly believe it will be more his loss than ours. We’ve got a bright future regardless so people need to not panic so much 

• Like 1

Starting to get concerned there is something in this Arsenal talk.

Rodgers should just say he's not interested in the role and the questions will stop.

The fact he doesn't suggests otherwise unfortunately.

Two things.

- We have some right knicker welters on here. If he wants to go and Top acquiesces, so be it. No-one is bigger than the club

- Nacho was on the bench because Demi got ill I suspect, so let’s not dress this up into what it isn’t

(Yes, turned out well)

Just to clarify, Rodgers is doing a magnificent job and  I do not want him to leave our CLUB.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Two things.

- We have some right knicker welters on here. If he wants to go and Top acquiesces, so be it. No-one is bigger than the club

- Nacho was on the bench because Demi got ill I suspect, so let’s not dress this up into what it isn’t

(Yes, turned out well)

Just to clarify, Rodgers is doing a magnificent job and  I do not want him to leave our CLUB.

Is it confirmed Iheanacho wasn't in the squad before Gray was ruled out? Kelechi has been on the bench at the expense of Choudhury a few times of late so I'm not so sure he wouldn't have been on there anyway.

He clearly is trying to leave the door open to possibly working at Arsenal, let's not delude ourselves. Tough to say if he wants that now or down the road, that is the real question. Though Leicester have an absolutely stacked team, it isn't like Rodgers took dreck to a CL spot, everyone starting for us save Perez was on the squad last season. He took a team that was massively struggling to finish and helped us learn to finish. Great work. But he dropped Celtic for a reason, he knew this club was loaded and it was a massive opportunity. But he is getting too much credit for Leicester's performance, it isn't like if he takes over Arsenal they suddenly start winning at Leicester's level. Whomever manages the rest of this season will struggle to defend. Will the Arsenal board back him financially? I could see him getting 150 mill net to improve the squad this summer at Leicester, and that is after picking up some cover at CB this winter. At least wait for Man U, they will back your transfers.

Absolutely think BR is a terrific manager, and think he would be nuts to go to Arsenal, but if he believes his own headlines, he may well do it. But without the balanced squad we have here, he will suffer from being to open at the back, the same way his past teams have been.  We will be a terrific job in any event, even if he leaves, and we could have CL to boot, while Arsenal looks unlikely to have any European play.