Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Eamonn

If i could change one thing about football...

On 12/10/2019 at 08:49, Paddy. said:

I hate the fact that it's not just accepted but expected that players go down when they feel even the slightest touch. 

E.g. Sadio ****ing Mane

It's very backwards that we've now quite literally got video technology in place to see when this happens and people still excuse it. People have genuinely been completely brainwashed.

• Like 2

Another thing i see a lot of these days i dont like, cowardly tackles and incidents.

The sort of tackle like we saw with Hayden for newcastle. Playing the ball in such a way that he will make sure he "does" the player. Thats his real intent but trying to cover it up.

Seen so many of them where a player tackles to graze the top of the ball knowing he will stamp on the other players leg. Or makes a "pass" but makes sure he catches a player on his follow through.

Another example would be Aurier "hurdling" the bayern munich defenders tackle and jumping straight on top of him.

Its cowardly and fools no one except the absolute thickest fan who will scream "eeeeee won the f**kin ball ref yer f**kohh"

Edited by Donk
  • Like 1

On 12/10/2019 at 13:08, leicsmac said:

Mic the refs. Any player identified to be using bad language that gets picked up by the mic gets sent off or suspended depending on if it was picked up at the time.

Could well be carnage for the first few weeks, but after that I think you'd see a sea change in attitudes towards refs from players.

On 12/10/2019 at 16:05, Carl the Llama said:

Honestly it's scandalous that football hasn't taken rugby's lead on miking refs.  Imagine how much it would do for the respect campaign if fans actually heard the voice of a human being making the calls instead of the perceived arrogant silence over unclear and controversial decisions.

Agreed. I'd also add that, as in rugby, only captains should be able to speak to the referee (Unless the ref specifically wants to address a certain player). This would stop groups of players swarming the ref to try to intimidate them into making a certain decision.

8 hours ago, tom27111 said:

I take it everyone replying to the refs having a mic aren't old enough to remember when they actually did it lol

7 hours ago, Nalis said:

I think Tony Adams and David Ellery were involved

Edit - here you go

Interesting.

Still hope they can roll it out on a larger scale though and with strict enforcement - that's the part that would make it work.

All the bullshit that now comes with it.

Everything from deadline day to twitter accounts to sky sports news to hashtags to wags to Pogba - not a single bit of it is actually needed.

Fans who boo when they don't get a decision go their way.

Manchester City seem to be the worse for it - all you have to do it knock one of their players off the ball and it's boooooooooo - but it seems to creep in at all grounds now. I even hear it at our place. Just because the decision doesn't go the way it doesn't mean the referee's decision is incorrect.

On 12/10/2019 at 10:47, foxile5 said:

The players.

Unrelatable, out of touch, and annoying.

This does cover some of the above, like the rehearsed celebrations. But their personalities too - most professionals have become dislikable tools. Hamza's a breath of fresh air. I've always thought Deeney spoke well. But I expect more from public figures than doing silly hand gestures or kissing drawings on their bodies to symbolise their commitment, love, or desire for something. In a phrase, they need to 'grow up'. 

And I'm not particularly old.

Harry Kane rarely seems to celebrate. Probably due to the amount he actually scores but it seems to be rare he does any sort of massive celebration.

On 13/10/2019 at 10:49, Mickey O'Neil said:

Exaggerating injury for me or simulation. 

I was watching Graeme Souness after the Newcastle game and he was talking about fouls. 

I then watched him on YouTube (Huns vs Aberdeen by the looks of it). 

He goes in on a players thigh, just below his nuts, full studs. Yer man drops to the floor which is acceptable for a challenge which Gracie would have been proud of in the dojo, but all the players stroll around like it’s nothing. No rolling 50 yards. No crowding the ref. 

I think he only got a yellow for it. 

I’m not saying make the game physical like this. I’m saying you must watch yourself on MOTD later and think “I have no shame. I can still hold my head high”. 

This one always gets me.

No rolling around from Cantona, every player nowadays would, just gets up.

On 14/10/2019 at 00:14, Donk said:

Another thing i see a lot of these days i dont like, cowardly tackles and incidents.

The sort of tackle like we saw with Hayden for newcastle. Playing the ball in such a way that he will make sure he "does" the player. Thats his real intent but trying to cover it up.

Seen so many of them where a player tackles to graze the top of the ball knowing he will stamp on the other players leg. Or makes a "pass" but makes sure he catches a player on his follow through.

Another example would be Aurier "hurdling" the bayern munich defenders tackle and jumping straight on top of him.

Its cowardly and fools no one except the absolute thickest fan who will scream "eeeeee won the f**kin ball ref yer f**kohh"

Well hold on a second there my good sir! You wish to get rid of the age old "Let him know you're there challenge"? Absolutely not! These are grown men and football is all about mind games and intimidation, who doesn't like a good old challenge to spice the game up.

Heck, Vinnie Jones made a career out of it!

• Like 1

Ugh. 

This thread inspires the very worst of Football fans. 

I'm in here whining about the character of the players when, really, i adore our club and the game. 

Gun to my head. I love the current state of our club and any complaints I have are negligible. 

8 minutes ago, mancunianfox said:

Obsession with referees and decisions - I couldn't care less about the right decision, I just want to see decisions that benefit my team irregardless of it is correct or not.

So essentially every game to be refereed 100% 0% in leicesters favour?