Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

How would you improve the team in January?

8 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

I just quoted another post talking about Lingard. I’m not going to be banging Brendan’s door down until he pays 40m for him, just a passing thought that he might not be a bad addition. 

Think his progress may have stalled at Utd due to the club and managerial issues rather than his poor attitude like some claim just because they’ve watched him put a few videos online and done a clothing launch!

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

Guys progress has stalled because he is garbage. 

No where near good enough for out first team. 

Am actually horrified at this suggestion. 

30 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

It would be harsh on Barnes, Gray, and Perez, but I'd love it if we bought Dani Olmo for €40 million. He is genuinely as good as any of our top talents and his versatility is incredible. Will have a lot of offers but seems to prioritise development and gametime, which we can offer.

Its not harsh.. They are too inconsistent for what we are trying to achieve. Its telling that they are the same subs every week and we need a solid 8+ out of 10 every week like we get from everywhere else on the pitch at the moment. - Honestly think a player out wide like that is the missing piece of the jigsaw

Edited by les-tah

35 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Not been great for them, frozen out by Lopetegui to some extent

He's a decent player, but has had trouble making an impact in any other country bar Holland. He's also approaching 30 and with a few failed European moves to his name and trying to achieve the impossible of competing or overtaking Jamie Vardy in the team would make it even harder for him to make an impact here. That said I honestly don't know who or how we get another striker here to make an impact, I still think it has to be a forward who is a utility player like Son, which we believe Perez is earmarked as. Tricky.

32 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

It would be harsh on Barnes, Gray, and Perez, but I'd love it if we bought Dani Olmo for €40 million. He is genuinely as good as any of our top talents and his versatility is incredible. Will have a lot of offers but seems to prioritise development and gametime, which we can offer.

I see Barca are lining up to take him back as a long term replacement for Dembele who they are ready to move on. Olmo does look to be hugely talented and that price is very reasonable, he can play anywhere across the attacking midfield and if Maddison were to be sold for a huge fee in the summer then he easily slots in centrally.

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's a decent player, but has had trouble making an impact in any other country bar Holland. He's also approaching 30 and with a few failed European moves to his name and trying to achieve the impossible of competing or overtaking Jamie Vardy in the team would make it even harder for him to make an impact here. That said I honestly don't know who or how we get another striker here to make an impact, I still think it has to be a forward who is a utility player like Son, which we believe Perez is earmarked as. Tricky.

I see Barca are lining up to take him back as a long term replacement for Dembele who they are ready to move on. Olmo does look to be hugely talented and that price is very reasonable, he can play anywhere across the attacking midfield and if Maddison were to be sold for a huge fee in the summer then he easily slots in centrally.

Eh, I take any transfer rumours Barca are involved in with a pinch of salt to be honest. Besides Olmo has a history of foregoing Barcelona for playing time.

You're right that de Jong would basically be a punt, but I think any backup striker option would have to be. Someone like Morelos would obviously be ideal, he looks the real deal, but no young talent will come here whilst Vardy is in his prime, for now his backup would have to be a mercenary. Bas Dost maybe?

My "wet dream" winter transfer window would be Olmo in for €40 million, and Barnes loaned to Sheff Utd. I think he'd slot in perfectly as their second striker and get in a lot of gametime in the PL in his preferred position under a fantastic manager, and be more of an asset for us next season (hopefully in Europe). Meanwhile we'd still have 4 excellent winger options, and the perfect cover for Maddison if we ever sell him in Olmo. 

13 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Eh, I take any transfer rumours Barca are involved in with a pinch of salt to be honest. Besides Olmo has a history of foregoing Barcelona for playing time.

You're right that de Jong would basically be a punt, but I think any backup striker option would have to be. Someone like Morelos would obviously be ideal, he looks the real deal, but no young talent will come here whilst Vardy is in his prime, for now his backup would have to be a mercenary. Bas Dost maybe?

My "wet dream" winter transfer window would be Olmo in for €40 million, and Barnes loaned to Sheff Utd. I think he'd slot in perfectly as their second striker and get in a lot of gametime in the PL in his preferred position under a fantastic manager, and be more of an asset for us next season (hopefully in Europe). Meanwhile we'd still have 4 excellent winger options, and the perfect cover for Maddison if we ever sell him in Olmo. 

I've a feeling Dwight McNeil will arrive here for £40m and it will be a huge gamble

Just now, Langston said:

One of the best left pegs in the top flight, mind. 

I like him, I think he has massive potential but it'll be a punt at the price we'll need to pay and with Jarrod Bowen going to be available for about a quarter of the price i'm not sure what's best to do. Bowen seems to be a bigger gamble given his lack of pace but as a finisher he is obscene from out wide. McNeil seems to be very creative though, rather than a goal scorer which might bode better given he's got like 8 assists in 30 games in the PL and although a lack of goals out wide is a problem for us so is genuine creativity.

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Olmo is the real deal and would fit into the Leicester philosophy but the issue is that for Dinamo he plays in the Tielemans role (box to box), and for Spain he plays more like a Maddison (attacking mid / 10). He can play on the wing too but it's not his best position. Given that we have Praet in the squad as well, I can't see the reason to sign another player in that mould even if his potential is outstanding. He could go for Tielemans money if rumours are to be believed so unless you are going straight into the first team I can't see why we would sign him because we are so blessed with midfielders at the moment. But to put it into context, Dinamo fans say he's the best midfielder they have since Luka Modric, and he didn't turn out too bad!

For those talking about Morelos, how much do you think he would cost? I think he could be an astute signing for the right money who I think would be effective in the league and useful for rotation but wouldn't expect to be the main man. But any more than 20m would be pushing it IMO.

An out there signing would be Dries Mertens of Napoli who won't renew his contract at the end of the season. He's 32 and would be on big wages but if you are looking for a player that could come in right now and do a top job for 2 seasons he's proven top class. Goes against our policy but if you wanted someone that could secure Champions League and / or put in a title charge (!), that's the sort of player that could help you do it. I truly doubt anything like that would happen though and TBH is probably not good for a club like us to do.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Olmo is the real deal and would fit into the Leicester philosophy but the issue is that for Dinamo he plays in the Tielemans role (box to box), and for Spain he plays more like a Maddison (attacking mid / 10). He can play on the wing too but it's not his best position. Given that we have Praet in the squad as well, I can't see the reason to sign another player in that mould even if his potential is outstanding. He could go for Tielemans money if rumours are to be believed so unless you are going straight into the first team I can't see why we would sign him because we are so blessed with midfielders at the moment. But to put it into context, Dinamo fans say he's the best midfielder they have since Luka Modric, and he didn't turn out too bad!

For those talking about Morelos, how much do you think he would cost? I think he could be an astute signing for the right money who I think would be effective in the league and useful for rotation but wouldn't expect to be the main man. But any more than 20m would be pushing it IMO.

An out there signing would be Dries Mertens of Napoli who won't renew his contract at the end of the season. He's 32 and would be on big wages but if you are looking for a player that could come in right now and do a top job for 2 seasons he's proven top class. Goes against our policy but if you wanted someone that could secure Champions League and / or put in a title charge (!), that's the sort of player that could help you do it. I truly doubt anything like that would happen though and TBH is probably not good for a club like us to do.

BOADU AND STENGS

BOADU AND STENGS

BOADU AND STENGS

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think, from what I've seen of Olmo, that he is very capable of playing in the wing and playing well, he just looks better playing in midfield because he gets more involved there, and he is the star player in the teams he features in so of course he is played where he is more involved. 

He has fantastic pace, dribbling, tenacity, passing and shooting, all the ingredients necessary for a top class winger. 

Dinamo have basically put out a statement that they're resigned to losing him in January, I really think we should go for it as we have something to offer him that no other team does. A (probably) top 4 CL team in the PL, with almost guaranteed gametime and an excellent playstyle. He could go to some team in La Liga and make the step up from there, but they all seem bigger gambles than us currently, or else simply not an option - f.e., Sevilla have spent €100+ million this summer, Valencia are deep in shit, so on so forth. And apparently Atletico's wages are huge and they can't go for him. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

BOADU AND STENGS

BOADU AND STENGS

BOADU AND STENGS

I think they are too unproven at the moment. Alireza Jahanbaksh had 21 goals and 12 assists for AZ (the same team that Boadu and Stengs play for) in his final season and has been a complete flop in the Premier League. He can't even use the excuse of Chris Hughton defensive football because Graham Potter has come in and changed their style, and they still don't play him. Dutch signings have also been a mixed bag with Daley Blind and Memphis Depay not making the grade for Manchester United and they came from Ajax and PSV who generally produce the best Dutch players. 

I think we will sign players that are between 24-26 years of age like Praet and Perez, as the core of our team is strong, but it's depth our squad lacks. Players of that age might not have as much potential but are better at making an immediate impact.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Mertens would seemingly be good, but apparently he had a big role in the strike that some of the Napoli players had, which isn't a great thing.

I think Rangers would hold out for at least £25 million, probably £30 million. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Not to Leicester City. 

Half of Europe's biggest clubs want him. 

Ordinarily i'd agree, but what we are doing right now would open us up to serious talents like this. We are the perfect next step, having said that I don't know where he fits in here unless Maddison goes and by the time he does I think Olmo will have already moved clubs.

40 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think they are too unproven at the moment. Alireza Jahanbaksh had 21 goals and 12 assists for AZ (the same team that Boadu and Stengs play for) in his final season and has been a complete flop in the Premier League. He can't even use the excuse of Chris Hughton defensive football because Graham Potter has come in and changed their style, and they still don't play him. Dutch signings have also been a mixed bag with Daley Blind and Memphis Depay not making the grade for Manchester United and they came from Ajax and PSV who generally produce the best Dutch players. 

I think we will sign players that are between 24-26 years of age like Praet and Perez, as the core of our team is strong, but it's depth our squad lacks. Players of that age might not have as much potential but are better at making an immediate impact.

Naah, these two are the bollocks :)

• Haha 1